Username Post: Cancelled postage stamp        (Topic#1561707)
Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee

I'm working on a mini album and I wanted to include a photo of my grandfather from WWII taken in Europe. I'm using th K&Co Americana paper pad and I wanted to make it look like an airmail letter. I have a vintage stamp and the airmail stamp but I need an idea for the cancelled postage that goes over the stamp. I has the circle and the wavy lines. Tim Holtz has a series with this stamp but it has other things on it. Does anyone have any ideas or know what the heck I'm talking about!!1

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Vallee

I do and you might call your postmaster and they might be willing to run your stamp through their machine they also have a hand cancel stamp they might be willing to use for you.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Sneezy1956

I've seen them in stamp sets,,,most notably some mini sets from Crafty secrets,,,,but their sets are rather expensive for one project.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to CommaHolly

Maybe try hand drawing it from a picture of one?

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to *jesse*

I know Papertrey Ink has a whole set, not sure if it has exactly what you're looking for. Sounds like a great mini album and page you're doing though. I love the vintage look, and I think your album sounds great!

krazy4kardz
Governor
krazy4kardz
In response to *jesse*

Try using a font ... print the postmark on vellum and affix it over the envelope/stamp ... this way it won't ruin the stamp.

http://fontpark.net/en/font/airmail-posta ge/

download the font to your computer ... open it up and click on it ...it should automatically go into your fonts folder...open your word program...look in the font choices for "airmail postage"...set the size [72 is about the size of a real postmark] and use the !1 key for the round post mark and the ?/ key for the squiggly lines.

I printed it out first on a piece of copy paper and then placed the vellum over the printout and taped it in place and ran it thru the printer again. Oh, be sure to let the ink dry before you start working with the vellum or it'll smear. Hope this helps.

Jalynne
Guru
Jalynne
In response to krazy4kardz

OH thank you, i've been looking for a font like this, too!!

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Jalynne

I bought a stamp set at A's that had 'stamps' from Egypt, China, Greece etc, and it had the circle/wavy line/date stamp in it. I hit it twice first time firmer, second time lighter touch to give it a vintage look. HTH!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to ScrappyMama6

Basic Grey does an airmail acrylic stamp set which I couldn't find on here but you could google it.

I also found these. Some are Christmas but you might be able to use them.

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee
In response to RedSquirrel

• RedSquirrel Said:
Basic Grey does an airmail acrylic stamp set which I couldn't find on here but you could google it.

I also found these. Some are Christmas but you might be able to use them.

OMG....those are exactly what I've been looking for!!!

I just orderd the We R Memory Keepers stamp and the Easy Sew!!! I'm so excited!!!

Thank you for the awesome ideas!!!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Vallee

I'm so glad!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Vallee

You are going to love your Sew Easy.

Permissions Topic Options