Username Post: Bought a scrap wagon yesterday!        (Topic#1561879)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

So excited! Sam's has the portable, foldable, canvas wagons that I wanted for larger crops.

Their special price right now is $47.00 so one of my girlfriends and I each bought one. I showed my husband how useful it will be on trips and at outdoor outique malls or carrying items in out out of convention centers at his license plate shows.

Get real - its going to live in my scrap room!

I have a place in the scraproom to park it and will set a couple big containers in it that are full of scrap stuff that I normally take to crops.

It will keep my current project kit, my spare cutter and glass mat. And I think I can set my rolling cart in it.

I can get what I need here out of it easily and then at crops I can haul it through the house and to the car in one trip. Then I can unload the large containers in the car and fold up the wagon (takes about 2 second to fold and unfold).

At crops, set up the wagon and put my stuff back in it and I'm good.

It is going to make life very easy!

Won't do for crops in tight places, but will be great for the bigger ones!

I'm thrilled with the $47.00 price. My slice will live in it becuase it only goes to crops (use the Cricket here) and Crop-o-dile and eyelets and flowers and brads will live in it. And my collection of punches will live in it!

This is going to be good!

Snazzyart
Expert
Snazzyart
In response to Henri Jean

Hi Henri Jean, I would love to have one, but i live in Canada, is there a website for the store you got it at. Could you please pm some information, I would really appreciate it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Snazzyart

Hi Nicole -

My husband is better at that sort of thing than I am so he is researching it for you right now. It is made by Mac Sports and he's going onto their website now (www.macsports.com) and there is also an email address for questions (service@macsports.com) and he will contact them.

He is also looking at seeing how to order it through Sam's club and having it delivered to Canada. We have a Sam's Club card so he can easily do that.

He's also checking ebay to see if any are available. And I will check Amazon.com - they my have them!

Anyway, will pm you what we find out.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Where do you live in Canada? Do you have Sam's Clubs?

We called the company and they sell them for $119.00 - ridiculous. They just had them for sale though their website for $89.00 but they are off sale now.

However, at Sam's Club right now they are $47.00.

Bill is trying to get information and we will send you a Sam's Club link. However, you have to be a Sam's Club member to shop there. It may be that we can order it under our name/number and have them ship it to you.

If you go to ebay and look up macwagon you will see 7 or 8 of them. But most are asking over $100.00.

Hang in - we will help you get one!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

henrie would like see this,i saw something at target it a canvas wagon that look like a cover wagon with handle

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan

All Sam's Club stores are now closed in Canada.

Do you have a ramp to roll that cart into your vehicle for crops? I always tend to overfill my carts and bags. I am sure that the wagon would be so heavy. Cool little wagon though.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-27-11 08:29 AM
In response to corrie fan

Henri,

The canvas wagon is just too cute and a perfect way to carry all your "stuff" to a crop. It sure beats a plastic tote, binge cords, and a luggage wheelie thingy.

You have a gift.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to AK Teddy Bear

I put my stuff in square totes like you put files in. cardboard boxes will work too. That is how the ladies do it too.

When you get your trunk open just lift out a few boxes and put them in your trunk. Really easy.

Then when you get there, just pop your wagon open and set the boxes in them. It takes less than a minute to open trunk, get wagon and open it and set the boxes in it. The when you get back the to car - just set the boxes in the trunk and the wagon folds small.

It would be impossible to lift the wagon into the car if it were full.

The wagon is very lightweight and at first I was turned off that it had to be loaded and unloaded but then when I saw them doing it - easier to load and unload than it is to load and unload a grocery cart at the store - because you put boxes in it instead of a dozen bags.

With the two mesh file holders and several 12 x 12 plastic holders, I can get a lot of supplies! I have about 30 punches in one file thing and it is only 1/3 full.

Plastic crates would be excellent too - you can set two of them in there and have plenty of room for carriers and things.

The ladies put them behind their chair and work out of them without unpacking anything!

One lady always had to make 2 trips to the car to get all her stuff in - she had large rolling totes.

Now she gets everything in just one trip. She also brings gallon jugs of tea and lemonade as well as snacks to the crops and they fit in her wagon along with her supplies!

When Bill talked to the woman at the company on the phone she said they may have them at some Home Depots but I don't know the price. The $47.00 was fantastic.

If you let me know where in Canada you might want one I'll check the website and see how much they would charge to ship. I can order it her locally or on line with my Sam's card for you.

I checked Amazon.com and they are $99.00. So $47.00 right now is a great price!

For pictures go to ebay and look at macwagon. There are several.

Edited by Henri Jean on 07-27-11 09:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

wish i had this when i was going to crops and convention

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to tealbrand

costco also has them. I don't know if there are costco's in Canada or not.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

I saw those carts at Sams and Costco. You got a great price and I am sure you will love using it. I really like using the Slice. Just got the Dilly Dally card last week. Which design cards do you especially like? Your husband's lic. plate hobby sounds interesting.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pinkpaperairedale

hi pinkpaperairedale - I would imagine the $47 is a national promotion. Just a thought but I think they keep prices the same.

Love my slice. It is for crops - Cricut is for home.

I really love the Animal Crackers cartridge. It is discontinued but I found it for about $25.00 on Amazon a month or two back. Just bought the Halloween one and am anxious to something with it.

I wanted a cartridge with musical notes and I wasn't happy with the cricut ones - either too cutesy or not lot of selection.

Music and Dance or Dance and Music - not sure which, has fabulous musical notes - half notes, full notes, quarter notes, eight notes, and other musical symbols. I love it! Used it a lot in my Memphis and Elvis layouts.

My husbands license plate hobby sounds interesting but I don't really get it. I don't understand there being so much money in them either! I mean he sold a really nasty one that i wouldn't let in the house a few months back - he bought it at a flea market for $35.00 and said he was going to hang it up. I told him, yeah, in the shed, not in our house. So he sold it. He had it for 4 days when he got $1,100 cash for it!

Now it is hanging in some other poor woman's house!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

• Henri Jean Said:
I wanted a cartridge with musical notes and I wasn't happy with the cricut ones - either too cutesy or not lot of selection.

I know you said you resolved this need with a Slice cartridge, but for the Cricut, have you seen Quarter Note? It was a Michael's exclusive for a while but not any longer, and it's quite gorgeous and elegant, very unlike the cutesy kiddie style of a lot of the recent carts. One of the shapes does have a spelling error, though.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to aquabunny

That was the first one I came across when I did the search for Cricut musical notes. It was nice, but not what I wanted for my Graceland layouts. I wanted more the style you would see on a printed page of sheet music. I actually thought about it though - but the Slice Cartride was more what I had pictured in my mind that I wanted.

Since then I found the new (almsot new) punch with the notes going across. Wish I had that a few months ago when I did those layouts!

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to Seaexplore

• seaexplore Said:
costco also has them. I don't know if there are costco's in Canada or not.

Yes we do. We have some of the same stuff in our Costcos but some different stuff. If its $50 in the States its probably $75 here.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to amandahugandkiss

I have no clue how much it was, I don't need/want one but I did see it there.

Cris Mulezini
Pro
Cris Mulezini

Hello, Henri Jean! Just saw a picture of your brand new wagon at Sam's. Congrats! It's spectacular for your purpose! Beautiful and so practical!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Cris Mulezini

Thanks Cris. I have it parked in my scraproom and use it when I'm not cropping to store supplies in!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Ok may have to have my daughter pick me one up I love your little wagon

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Sneezy1956

Thanks Jane. Its already coming in handy and is so cute in my scrap room with supplies in it. So easy to get to! And I'm not breaking my back getting stuff off the floor!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics