Page 220 of 220 
Username Post: Bitten By the Travel Bug OPEN!        (Topic#1561931)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to kariyava

Page 565 - Volume Challenge - England By Henri Jean

Page 566 - Volume Challenge - England By Henri Jean

Page 567 - Volume Challenge - England By Henri Jean

Page 568 - Volume Challenge - England By Henri Jean

ScrappinTraveler
Expert
ScrappinTraveler
In response to Henri Jean

Henri! That's so funny - no I haven't been to Stratford Upon Avon yet. . . . That was on my list! :-). Not doing much in town . . . My plan is to use the train and get out of London as much as possible :-)

I'll pull up the itinerary this weekend and let you know where we're stopping.

OK - so this weekend is our anniversary - 38 years! I've taken a few days off to make a long weekend and we've come up to Northern VA - hitting my favorite Turkish restaraunt, movies, shopping at my fave Stamping shoppe and whatever! Haven't been to this hotel (Marriott) in 6-7 months . . . Get off the elevator and the hotel manager sees us as she walks by and welcomes us by name. . . .hmmm . . .now that's impressive!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ScrappinTraveler

That is very impressive! I don't know how people in the hospitality industry do it!

They are good at that on cruise ships too! When we got on a ship we haven't been on - sometimes for several years, servers, room stewards and even the cruise directors greet us by name and it is very impressive because we are just normal old frumpy looking tourists and passengers.

Okay - so Bill tends to really make an impression - people tend to remember him because he everything he does seems to grab attention. I blend.

t-towngirl
Guru
t-towngirl
In response to ncyankee

Eileen, we have a house in the desert close to palm springs. I am not there right now. We are in Carpenters, close to Santa Barbara. I have curly hair and it's like a sponge, it absorbs the humidity. I have been wearing my hair up in a bun, not very flattering.

I should be in Vegas in September for the George Straight concert. I am excited. It was supposed to be a girls trip, but I think the husbands are also going now. They don't have concert tickets, just us.

If you ever come back to palm springs met me know. Would love to meet you.

ScrappinTraveler
Expert
ScrappinTraveler

It does to us on the ships too but only really with the ones we interact with all the time. . . Exception was my grandson on the Med cruise - everyone knew him . . . And I mean everyone. . . .all over the ship - it was pretty funny. :-) When we'd get off or come on it started - the "hi Joey!" "Welcome back Joey - did you have fun? ". .. Some greeting to him by name from every single person as we'd get back or off the ship . . . Then in the gangways or halls, at dinner walking to our table - and just by passers by . . . :-) we watched him like a hawk because of it - but it was really nice for him :-)

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ScrappinTraveler

You are right - it is the ones we interact with the most. Servers, the mai'tr'd (know idea how to spell that), cabin stewards and all the employees around the Explorations café where BIll plays chess. On this last cruise the guy in the jewelry store remember Bill which was strange because we never bought anything. Bill speaks fluent Spanish and talked to him a lot I guess.

A lot of the old people treat the kids as their own grandkids on cruise ships - especially if they are personable and well-mannered, then they are really accepted by the older traveling group and that is good for the older people because they enjoy the kids so much and makes it nice for the kids too.

There was one 12 year old girl on one of the world cruises. The family had taken the cabin for a year and had the owner's suite with 3 bedrooms. One for the girl, one for them and one he had all wired as a computer room. The owner's suite even has a baby-grand piano in it and a personal servant posted outside!

Then they took the balcony suite next door for the girls nanny.

The girl was a complete snob - we saw her all over the ship and she was snippy and rude to everyone. I don't know of anyone who knew her name. She just wasn't well-mannered at all.

She got bored after the first month and they had the nanny and the girl taken off the ship so they could go home and the parents could continue their year on the ship in the owner's suite. My guess is that the nanny and daughter would be brought back from time to time. But the kid was miserable on a ship with all adults.

In one port they had just gotten out of their chauffeured limo and it was hot. We were all at a market and BIll always talks to kids and asked the girl, "Is it hot enough for you?" The look she gave Bill, like "How dare you speak to me, I don't talk to commoners!" If looks could kill, Bill would have dropped dead on the spot!

There was a 12 year old boy, Ryan, and everyone knew him. Doubt there was a person on the ship who didn't. He liked to play chess and hung around the games so all the men knew him but they would get frustrated with him sometimes because when he saw a move or whenever someone made a bad move he would point it out. They had to constantly tell him they would play with him next but please not to point out moves to other people. It kind of ruins the game for those playing.

He probably had 200 grandmother and 300 grandfathers on that cruise!

I agree - you really have to watch them closely when they are outgoing and make friends easily.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Page 569 - Volume Challenge - England By Henri Jean

Page 570 - Volume Challenge - England By Henri Jean

Page 571 - Volume Challenge - England By Henri Jean

Page 572 - Volume Challenge - England By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Page 573 - Volume Challenge - England By Henri Jean

Page 574 - Volume Challenge - England By Henri Jean

Page 575 - Volume Challenge - England By Henri Jean

t-towngirl
Guru
t-towngirl

Good morning ladies! years ago we took one of the grand kids on a four day cruise and he was also known all over the ship. It's nice for the kids to be able to interact with people of all ages.

Heading back to normal life tomorrow. My mini vacation is over.

Have a great weekend!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to t-towngirl

Page 576 - Volume Challenge - England By Henri Jean

Page 577 - Volume Challenge - England By Henri Jean

Page 578 - Volume Challenge - England By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Page 579 - Volume Challenge - England By Henri Jean

Page 580 - Volume Challenge - England By Henri Jean

Page 581 - Volume Challenge - England By Henri Jean

Page 582 - Volume Challenge - England By Henri Jean

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Have been scrapping pictures of dh's mission trips--most are pictures of people, but this two-pager shows places, so am posting it here:

Berlin/Majdanek By Scrapperbee

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to scrapperbee

Page 583 - Volume Challenge - England By Henri Jean

Page 584 - Volume Challenge - England By Henri Jean

Page 585 - Volume Challenge - England By Henri Jean

I love this photo with Rosey (Red Squirrel) from the scrapbook.com boards. We had a ball with Rosey at the castle that day! She is awesome!

Page 586 - Volume Challenge - England By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Page 587 - Volume Challenge - England By Henri Jean

Page 588 - Volume Challenge - England By Henri Jean

Page 589 - Volume Challenge - England By Henri Jean

Page 590 - Volume Challenge - England By Henri Jean

Page 220 of 220 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics