Page 170 of 170 
Username Post: Bitten By the Travel Bug OPEN!        (Topic#1561931)
ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to Pink Spoonbill

Henri -- there was some little monastery that we stopped at in Roma that had a catacombs in it -- small and relatively unknown. Crypt of the Capuchins.

The Vatican -- is the Scavi Tour. It's amazing. But you need to reserve that a long time in advance. Very very cool.

Terri -- we are almost empty nesters so I'm not sure if we want to adopt anyone! LOL. But I'm sure we'd love to travel with you.

I'm more excited about Peru. But jeez I"m game for anything.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Pink Spoonbill

Hey Terri - so good to see you here! Its after 3:00AM. We got home tonight and I'm unpacked except for 1 suitcase.

We got into McCord and stayed on base for 2 nights (one one side of Seattle). Then had lunch with a friend in Bellevue (very beautiful part of Seattle) and the drove to Whidbey (base on other side of Seattle) where we spent last night.

This morning we were hoping we would get seats on a plane gong to Norfolk, Virginia. WOW! Beautiful navy plane with leather seats and tons of knee and let room - plane looked like new. Its actually a commercial 737 but navy calls them C-40.

Anyway, there were only 4 passengers on this huge jet - more pilots and crew than passengers!

We knew there was a flight out of Norfolk going to Jacksonville tomorrow morning but we had no idea if we would get seats and weren't looking forward to 4:00AM roll call.

When we got to Norfolk this afternoon Bill asked at the terminal desk if they had anything going to Jacksonville today.

They told him that they were expecting a plane from Japan to empty here and as soon as it was ready to go, it was going to Jacksonville. There were only about 20 of us on that plane so we got home tonight instead of tomorrow morning!

While in Seattle we bought a new camera on base - Canon sx60 HS - think I'm going to love it!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 138 - Albany, Australia By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 139 - Albany, Australia By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 140 - Albany, Australia By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 141 - Albany, Australia By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Henri Jean