Page 2 of 147 
Username Post: Bitten By the Travel Bug - CLOSED        (Topic#1561931)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Henri Jean

Kelly - where do you leave from New Zealand? I love New Zealand! How long will you be in New Zealand? I'm still pitching a tantrum because my husband didnt' take me to see the glow worm caves but he's promised we will go back to see them.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Terri - I love your new avi! Very nice! I need to change mine back to me again. Maybe later today.

Never been through the Panama canal. Bill was stationed in Panama and wants to go through the canal so one day we will. We were supposed to go this fall with the Wounded Warriors program for wounded vets - Bill is on the committee that organizes the cruise every 2 years.

However, I can't stand the guy in charge. I heard someone on the phone - apparantly asked Bill why we don't go and he said to the guy, "Reed doesn't get along with any of the wives and he's not very nice to my wife so we don't go."

I was proud of Bill for standing up for me because Reed was a very good army buddy for him. They went through Special Forces stuff together for 20 years. But I can't stand him.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pugs223

Hawaii is awesome Peg, but there is a lot to do and see. We normally go twice a year for 3-4 weeks each time.

My husband has a hobby/business and it has gotten out of hand so we go frequently to tend to it. Will proably go in November. Its a lot of work which makes our Hawai holidays working holidays!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Working my way through the posts. Let my husband take me to lunch and look what happens!

Awesome Germany pages Peg - just love your style! Thank you so much for posting those. I was hoping the layouts would start early! You have some techniques that are perfect for travel photos of old buildings and old cities. I would love to learn to do some of these techniques!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Karen - I fell in love with Rome, but haven't seen Venice. Someday. Paris too. Someday I hope.

We will be in Seattle around September 26th (a few days before) to leave on a Holland America cruise for 70 days, although I think we will get off in 49 in Sydney and fly to Hawaii or somewhere. The last 21 days are all sea days and we like ports so we may fly to Hawaii or Guam for a bit. Or more places in Australia.

Anyway, we met a wonderful couple on a cruise last year and they are also leaving on another cruise on Sept 26th but we are having dinner with them the night before. I suspect we will fly into Widby Island and stay a few days in Seattle and then rent a car to go to Portland to see my husband's son, then back to Seattle for a few days before the cruise.

Any chance of getting together for lunch or shopping or coffee or anything sometime before we leave while we are in Seattle?

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

Thanks for having me ladies!

Most of my travels have been scrapped so far, but I do need to do my first trip to Europe and my 2nd cruise so I have plenty to scrap and I look forward to having a great group of friends to share them with!

It is hard to narrow down my favorite travel pages, I recently finished my last cruise and second trip to europe and I just love some of my paris pages!

Paris 2006
Tower of Beauty By MrsAnnieS

Ardastra zoo-Nassau Bahamas 2010
Birds of a Feather By MrsAnnieS

Screw Spa-Natural Hot Springs Dominica 2011
Like Mother like Daughters By MrsAnnieS

Titou Gorge Dominica 2011
Emerald Light By MrsAnnieS

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

You get around a lot! I had to retire to get around so much!!!! I didn't start traveling at all until I got married a little over 2 years ago so I'm amazed where all you have been!

I would prefer stopping on the west coast going to Hawaii too. We almost always top at Travis (outside San Francisco) or San Diego. Breaks up the long flight.

I hope you get back to Hawaii soon. We just love it so much. Last time we were there we looked at condo's, but are hesitant becasue of the maintenance fees! I think we are going to buy a rental house here instead but we will keep looking at them. I'm sure eventually we will break down. I'm not sure about that idea because it would mean taking out a mortgage and we don't have one of those now and I don't want one!

Can't wait until you start posting some of your layouts!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Thanks for posting your papers you are so kind to do that! Great idea. I have extras from places I have visited to soo I'll go through them later and offer them to whoever wants them.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I think dogs can count as kids! We have friends that call their dogs "the kids".

You have been to a lot of places that I would love to go!

I left love in your gallery on all of your posts! Awesome! You have some awesome travel layouts! Can't wait to see more of them!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I'm not actually going to New Zealand, although I hope to some day. I'm going to the Cook Islands. We are staying on Rarotonga. I'm actually the worst scrapper ever because when I'm on vacation I hardly ever remember to pull out my camera, so I hope I come home with at least a few pictures.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Kamananui

Oh please take lots of pictures Kelly!

I've always been the picture taker and was never in a picture, just tons of pictures of my husband, but people started commenting, "Are you sure you were with him?"

On one trip the button on my camera quit working. Well, it took a picture if you stuck the end of a paperclip in the hold, but its hard enough to get a picture out at just the right moment, never mind searching the purse for a paper clip. By the time I was ready with camera and paper clip, every body else was ready to move on or the photo op came and went!

Then I bought another camera which I like a lot. But it occured to me, what if this one breaks while I'm overseas? That bothered me enough to purchase a back up camera. There are always 2 in my purse.

When we travel I hand my husband the larger camera so he can take pictures. He takes way to many of me but I know how to hit the delete button. Some are okay - the rest - ZAP ZAP ZAP!

It is not uncommon for him, who hates to take photographs to take over 100 in a day when we travel. I love it because he gets everything I miss and sometimes his shots of the same thing are just better!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Annie - I left love in your gallery on all your layouts! You do awesome work. You have an artistic, creative eye that I wish I had. You do a lot with circles and I love the soft look of circles on a layout. You do techniques that are way over my head. I have so much to learn!

It does sound like you have a lot of travel pages to complete, which is good! And any of your past trip pages, please feel free to post them here!

I'm glad you decided to join the bugs Annie. I enjoy your posts so much on the other threads!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

These are my newest that I put in the gallery today. Will need to go through a lot to pick out a few favorite past ones to add here.

Akaka Falls (Left) on the Big Island of Hawaii By Henri Jean

Akaka Falls (Right) on the Big Island of Hawaii By Henri Jean

Akaka Falls (L & R) on the Big Island of Hawaii By Henri Jean

Akaka Falls - My Husband and the Bamboo By Henri Jean

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 – Another perfect day in this beautiful tropical paradise!

We got to the recycling center bright and early to sort the last 90 boxes of license plates. We sorted 1,100 plates in 2 hours yesterday so 900 would not be bad at all. We breezed right through them and then Bill ordered 5 large pizzas for the workers and forklift operators at the recycling center.

Now to see some of the Big Island. Yesterday the beauty of Rainbow Falls knocked my socks off but today we saw Akaka Falls. WOW! This one took my breath away! (This page and the two pages before.) You had to hike through a really lush rainforest on a raised platform trail but it awesome being able to look down over this beautiful forest. I’ve never seen so much bamboo, or seen it growing so tall with such thick stalks before! The trail took you as close as possible to the waterfall then you continued on in a loop that ended where the trail started. For me it was a lot of walking but worth every step!

As a note, Akaka Falls is magnificent with 442 foot falls. Other people on the trail said it was the waterfall used in Jurassic Park but it is not, that is on another Hawaiian island. However, this one was just as beautiful.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Thanks for you gallery comments Terri. Actually, the title you liked - and the butterfly border? Compliments of SYT.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-28-11 04:24 PM

Henri...Thanks for noticing the new avatar. I was sick of the beach one and needed a change. It was taken at Zihuatanejo, Mexico with some of my "friends."

Really SYT. I can't believe it! LOL!

Hey why don't you come along on the cruise? We have a whole gaggle of people going and you would fit right in!

Annie...Welcome and your LO are wonderful.

Well it is quitting time. Everyone have a great night.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to AK Teddy Bear

Love your friends. Looks lot like friends in one of my Tulum layouts!

Wish we could go on the cruise. Bill has his license plate convention in Las Vegas every year late March or early April. Even up to mid April some years. We drive out there with about 15,000 plates with us to swap and trade or sell at the convention. After that, since we are so close to the west coast, we park the van somewhere and jump on a hope to Hawaii to work with plates there. We have always gone from Las Vegas to Hawaii and we are usually in Hawaii for 3-4 weeks. Then Late June or early July is the National meet in a different city each year.

This year it is Des Moines Iowa. I catching up with Darla from the boards who lives there - looking forward to it!

So March, April, May June and sometimes a little of July are always filled with license plate activities and road trips. We are usually gone 2-3 months out of those 4 months between the two trips.

Then in mid-July until the following mid-March the following year we are free to fly and take cruises and do what we want.

But if we take a trip March-July we have to work around the licenses plate meets. that is where we get our travel money!

scrappinmylife
Expert
scrappinmylife

Please sign me up for this one. Do I need to post my travel layouts here?

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to scrappinmylife

Hi ladies -- I'm Eileen from NC. But I'm a true Yankee (someday I'll be back up north).

We love to travel. I'm working on our recent trip to spain/portugal. I love Barcelona.

Last year we were in the Baltics -- I loved St. Petersburg!

My other favorite place -- is the west.

We can't agree on our next big trip. Kevin is the tour director -- he loves to research and plan. I want the Galapagos --

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to ncyankee

Barcelona and St Petersburg are both on my wish list.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ncyankee

Glad you found us Eileen.

I'll add you to the list to Scrappinmhylife.

I like the idea of posting layouts here so we can all ooh and aah over them. You don't have to, but would be cool if you did! I would love to see them!

Some of us have already started posting them.

I'm going to find a few travel layout from the past few years and post them - its been so awesome seeing he other travel layouts and seeing how they scrapped places, especially ones I'm familiar with. Its opening my eyes to a whole new way to scrap trips. Mine are pretty plain next to some of these!

Page 2 of 147 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics