Username Post: Bitten By the Travel Bug - CLOSED        (Topic#1561931)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ars.scrap

Oh my goodness! That must have been one angry bear.

Since you could see him from upstairs I thought maybe you could photograph him from upstairs.

ars.scrap
Expert
ars.scrap
In response to Henri Jean

Unfortunately the lights to the back deck area are all downstairs next to the windows where he was so we had a flashlight that we were shinning on him so we could see what he was.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ars.scrap

That makes sense. Could you install motion detectors that would light up and allow you to enjoy the show next time or would that discourage him and scare him away?

ars.scrap
Expert
ars.scrap

That is our plan to install motion detectors on the back lights... Our neighbor turned on her light when she saw him but he was quite content to eat on our back deck even with her light on. We hope it discourages him and sends him back to the woods.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to ars.scrap

Wow Angela -- that's wild.

Henri -- it took several trips before I got a photo. And the last time we were in yellowstone I missed a photo opportunity -- I was so bummed. A short time later we were able to watch a black bear eat bugs from a stump for about 20 minutes and then we even saw a large brown bear (grizzly) -- from a VERY safe distance. Luckily we had a great tripod scope.

Here's the grizzly:
Grizzly Sighting By Ncyankee

And here's the black bear:
Black Bear By Ncyankee

All the sightings were closer to the northern part of the park by the Montana entrance.

ars.scrap
Expert
ars.scrap
In response to ncyankee

Thanks Eileen - Love the bear layouts.

I realized I don't have any of mine up here so here are a couple that I actually have on my computer here at work. All of these are from McNeil River Sanctuary on the Katmai penninsula of Alaska - We were lucky enough to win a permit in to view and photograph the bears. I am jealous that Matt is guiding a bear viewing photo tour next summer in Alaska!!

Here Fishy Fishy By Ars.scrap

Play Time By Ars.scrap

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to ars.scrap

wow angela -- those are amazing.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ncyankee

I love the bear layouts! Makes me wish even more that we had seen a bear in Yellowstone! Saw a lot else but no bears!

All of these photos and layouts are amazing!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

Almost done with a set of pages for our trip to Chicago in June - really pleased with some of the work on these. All that's left now is a two-pager for the Cubs baseball game, the other eight pages are done.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to aquabunny

...and we just bought tickets to a minor league playoff game next week. I love baseball but I am going to be so tired of scrapping it by the time this season is over.

So far this season:
- 1 page for a rainout in Indianapolis
- 5 pages for a game in Washington DC (plus 6 pages for a ballpark tour)
- 2 pages for a game in Cincinnati
- 2 pages for a game in Louisville

Still pending:
- 2 pages for a game in Chicago
- 1-2 pages for a game in Indianapolis on 8/24
- ??? pages for playoff games in Indianapolis

ars.scrap
Expert
ars.scrap
In response to aquabunny

I am just jealous that you have time to scrap... I need to find some time!!! Can't wait to see the new layouts.

On a positive note, my room is done (pictures soon, I promise) and everything is all organized with the exception of tags and paper packs so I could scrap if I could find the time. But of course, I started back to school on Monday so my time is limited again!!

ars.scrap
Expert
ars.scrap
In response to ars.scrap

OK - Have some photos of my scrapping room... Its not quite done as I still need to do sorting of all my paper since I have it all together now and need to get my tags sorted and under control too, but at least everything has a home and I could scrap if I could find the time!!

Stage 1 - Painting done By Ars.scrap

Stage 2 - Shelves Up - Aug 1, 2012 By Ars.scrap

Stage 3 - Shelves Filling Up - August 4, 2012 By Ars.scrap

The (almost) finished product By Ars.scrap

My Desk Area By Ars.scrap

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ars.scrap

Angela - this is fabulous! I would love to have a scrap room like this! I can't wait to see all the new creations that come out of this room!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee

Angela - fabulous scrap room

Now about too many baseball lo's -- you can never have enough baseball!!!

ars.scrap
Expert
ars.scrap
In response to ncyankee

Thanks Henri & Eileen - Now its time to scrap... I will be uploading some France layouts within the next day or so... YEAH...

ars.scrap
Expert
ars.scrap
In response to ars.scrap

Sorry for the second post, but I need some help in organizing all my tags. I have decided after sorting through everything that I am as much a "tag" hoarder as I am a "papaer" hoarder... I can't figure out how to organize them so that I use them... I tend to "save" them and need to make them more visible so I can use them.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ars.scrap

My problem too. I need to make things more visable so I will use them. I pack things away too often and forget to use them!

Tonight I am taking all my old taxes from 1989 through last year (yes, from 1989) and boxing them up. That is going to clear so much space in my lateral file where I will put all my Lucky 8 punches.

Have also cleaned out several other lateral file drawers almost empty. I think I can clean a lot o out of the credenza too, and, I have dozens and dozens of empty file folders and hanging file folders I will pack up. That gives me so much more room for scrap supplies.

This room has gotten way to cluttered!

ars.scrap
Expert
ars.scrap

Wow henri - Lots of organizing that is great - My hubby always teases me that I spend as much time organizing as I do scrapping - Hopefully the new room with everything in its place will change that.

So my France album is done. I am always amazed at how 10 days can turn into a 34 page album... I will be uploading a couple pages a day plus I realized I had never posted several from Alaska in 2010.

Here is the cover page:
France By Ars.scrap

Here are the next two pages...
Vive La Paris By Ars.scrap

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ars.scrap

I will start putting our month in Hawaii up which was January-February. I haven't even thought about scrapping the last trip to Hawaii - just got home. Lots more to do before I get to the last trip to Hawaii.

I love your France pages Angela - makes me really want to head in that direction.

ars.scrap
Expert
ars.scrap

Thanks for the wonderful words in my gallery Henri.

I actually got to scrap today. Yeah... The page I got done was from our Aug-2010 trip to Katmai peninsula in Alaska to watch the grizzly bears.
Wet & Mucky Together By Ars.scrap

Here are two more from my France album that I could not get to upload the other night.
Round & Round By Ars.scrap

The Views By Ars.scrap

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics