Username Post: Bitten By the Travel Bug OPEN!        (Topic#1561931)
ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to ars.scrap

Great lo's will be back to catch up on some gallery love.

I have drawers of tags -- yes I'm a tag hoarder too! Finally did a page today. Feel like I've lost my mojo. Just no time at all to play.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ncyankee

Hawaii - Title Page By Henri Jean

Hawaii - Joe's First Visit By Henri Jean

Hawaii - Beach out our Back Door By Henri Jean

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to Henri Jean

Off to check out the lo's.

We just booked our next BIG trip. The kids are going to camp next summer (same time different places) -- for 3 weeks. Kevin & I are going to China.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ncyankee

How exciting! Where in China?

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee

Fly to Beinjing -- many places in between -- to Hong Kong.

LOL. I don't have the itinerary in front of me so I can remember.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ncyankee

There are 4 places to get to from Beijing to climb the Great Wall. I highly recommend the Mutiyani or something like that - the only section that starts with an "M".

It has a ski lift going up (so do some of the others) but they are the only one with a tobaggan to come down, or you can ride the ski lift back down. It is supposed to be the best restored and you can just walk forever on the top of it. For some reason most tourists go to the section that starts with a "B" but Bill has done both of them and said the one that starts with "M" is better.

We arranged for a private car with a driver and a guide who spoke English and they dropped us off at the Great Wall and then came to pick us up. In fact I think they waited in the parking lot most of the time.

Tianaman square is incredible. At dusk they bring down the flag at the Forbidden city which is right across the street. You have to watch it from Tianaman Square and you want to get there early or you won't be able to see for the big crowd. After it is down they clear out TIanaman square in minutes for the night.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee

Yes we will be going to the "M" section. Read about the tobaggan last night. Sounds cool.

I'm getting excited. Of course, its the same week as my scrapbooking annual trip. Hmmm Ohio for 3 days or China. Sorry ladies!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ncyankee

Sure the ladies will understand!

There is a small theater in Beijing - I can get the name for you, I scrapped it. Anyway, they have the Chinese acrabats and the Chinese acrabats are the best in the world! The theater isn't real huge and the parking lot is usually filled with tour buses but it is the place to go for an authentic Chinese acrabat show.

In the end they bring a huge metal cage out - completely round with doors. Four or 5 motorcycles drive around inside it and it will take your breath away! Awesome.

Let me know if you want me to see if I can find info on it. Well worth an evening.

I've seen other Chinese acrabat shows but nothing like this.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Where else in China? WIll you make it to Hong Kong and Shanghai? I acutally loved Xiaman - I think that was the place. I would have to check to make sure that is in China and not South Korea. But I think it is China.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee

Arrive Beijing.
Day 5 -- to Xian
Day 7 -- to Chengdu
Day 9 -- HOng Kong
Day 11 -- Li River Cruise (Yangshuo)
Day 12 -- Shanghai
Day 14 -- Suzhou & Tongli
Day 15 - Shanghai

Then home.

looks like an awesome trip. We are going to head out 2 days early.

I'm heading to NM in less than 2 weeks -- never been there. Should be beautiful

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ncyankee

Great itinerary. If you can get to the Night Market in Hong Kong - try to do it. Its interesting. Also there are Sampan tours in Aberdeen outside Hong Kong which are interesting. While on the Sampan you see a huge floating restaurant called Jumbo's. I would have liked to have gone inside and checked it out.

So many people living on fishing-type boats!

There is also a vernicular up to the Peak - we enjoyed that.

Shangai was my favorite - liked it a lot better than Hong Kong. Everything is newer and cleaner than Hong Kong. Gorgeous nighttime skyline in Shanghai too.

The Bund is the big area on the river - actually a road too I guess. We enjoyed spending time on the Bund. There is a Scenic underwater tourist thing - please don't waste money on it. It is about $8.00 each and there is nothing two it. One woman saw wonderful things about it on the internet. She was disgusted when she got off becuase it was such a waste of money. I think it is called the tourist bund. They have a little aquarium which costs almost no money and is worth what we paid.

One thing I loved in Shanghai was the Jade temple. It was really awesome - and the piece of Jade the Buddha is carved from is absolutely massive. Pictures are allowed everywhere except of the Jade Buddha (Bill got one anyway) and they give you a post card with the picture of the Jade Buddha. If you can get to the Jade Buddha Temple - its worth it.

Looks like we will most likely be boarding a cruise ship early next month in Quebec and then taking a 14 day cruise around Canada and Maine. I think it has 8 ports in 2 weeks which isn't bad. If we do go we will get to Quebec early. It is one of those cruises that is supposed to be nice to see all the fall leaves. They should be pretty then.

Is your trip a cruise Eileen?

ars.scrap
Expert
ars.scrap

China is one place that I haven't been but would like to someday.

How is everyone? We have had our first snows of the year so we have beautiful aspens with snow capped peaks...

I had a chance to get another layout finished up tonight... Yeah... feels so good to be able to scrap again...

A picture's worth a thousand words By Ars.scrap

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to ars.scrap

Hey, I've got that Bo Bunny photo phrase sheet too!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to aquabunny

Hi Ladies -- greetings from Colorado Springs. Just spent a week in Raton, NM. Went to a women's shooting course. What a blast (sorry).
Henri -- Tell dh that I shot a 5x7 foot target from 1,123 yards!!!!! Seriously -- it was AMAZING!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ncyankee

I think you just impressed my husband. He says you were probably shooting a rifle but he wants to know what kind. You really got his attention!

Good job!

My husband and his ex-wife own a rental house in Colorado Springs.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee

It was a FNH SPR -- bullet travels 3400 ft/sec!!
I have all the details written down and will share later.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to ncyankee

Okay guys, I may be embarking soon on one of my most epic trips - it's a drive we've made many times before, but never before have we driven up to Michigan to go to the WORLD SERIES! If we can get tickets, which is not proving easy.

Eileen, sorry for your baseball loss, etc etc.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to aquabunny

Have a great time -- and be CAREFUL in Detroit. ONe of the most dangerous cities in the country.

You can get tickets. We've gotten tickets in the past.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ncyankee

A quick hello - we are on a train now between Toronto and Montreal. Then we will catch another train to Quebec.

Loved Niagara Falls.

We get on the cruise ship on Friday.

ars.scrap
Expert
ars.scrap

Hi Everyone - Boy its been quiet on here lately!! I am working on 2010's trip through Alaska and thought I'd post a bear layout for Henri!!

Time Out By Ars.scrap

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics