Username Post: Bitten By the Travel Bug - CLOSED        (Topic#1561931)
ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to ars.scrap

Hi Angela -- you're right. Too quiet.

Let's get this thread MOVING again. Maybe we should open it up for new blood.

We are heading to Florida this weekend to look at a house. Henri probably not too far from your base.

Also have a trip with the girls planned for April to St. Maarten.

ars.scrap
Expert
ars.scrap
In response to ncyankee

Eileen - Is the home in Florida going to be your primary or secondary residence? I haven't been to St Maarten but would love to, can't wait to see the layouts from it!!

That might be a great idea to open it back up, Henri, what do you think?

I've actually been trying to finish up my Alaska album from 2010 so I have a couple new layouts to post tonight. Its so good to be scrapping again as I have more time as hubby is in Alaska for the month...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ars.scrap

Hi - just got off the cruiseship this morning.

Interesting cruise. We are all calling it the magical Mystery Tour because we never knew where we were going to be the next day. Hurricane Sandy caused 4 of our east coast ports (bal harbor, Newport, Boston and New York. They added more Canada ports to keep us off the east coast.

So it has been interesting but we had a great time.

Most mornings they gave us a new itinerary with the changes.

We never knew with certainty where we would've the next day.

Thanks for posting the bear layout! It's too small to see on the phone but I am anxious to see it I the computer when we get home.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Henri Jean

Yes, I would like to open it up too. My thoughts are to remove everyone who does not post anymore because they aren't interested. Many joined who would like to travel but really don't post.

That means a lot of people will drop off but if they aren't active that is fine - I'd rather add people who want to post.

Terri hasn't posted in a while but will be back so I do not want to loose her. I'll be home tonight and will post for new members unless someone else wants to make the post on the general scrapbook boards. Otherwise I'll try to do it tonight or tomorrow if we get home late.

Edited by Henri Jean on 11-07-12 10:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ars.scrap
Expert
ars.scrap

Welcome back Henri - I wondered how much Sandy was affecting your trip. Glad to know that it was still fun!!

Terri actually just came back online with a new screen name (I will let her tell the story!!) so hopefully she will be contacting you soon.

I'd be happy to do the post this afternoon and then we can talk about next steps (i've never done a private group before).

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to ars.scrap

Hi everyone - I fall into the category of not posting for awhile. I would still like to be a part of it. Travel layouts next to heritage are my favorite to do, but unfortunately I am not luck enough to be able to travel so much. The economy has hit me extremely hard and I haven't had a true vacation since 2009. I have plenty of pics to scrap and still dream that I might one day be able to travel again.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Sherrenae

I am hoping to get my World Series layouts completed and posted sometime this month. I can also make an effort to upload pics of my layouts from this year's visit to Chicago (the Louisville and Cincinnati layouts are just more baseball though).

Starting to make vague plans about a trip to England/Scotland/Wales for maybe the summer of 2013. The World Series tickets wiped out the travel budget a bit, but that'll build itself back up.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Sherrenae

• Sherrenae Said:
Hi everyone - I fall into the category of not posting for awhile. I would still like to be a part of it. Travel layouts next to heritage are my favorite to do, but unfortunately I am not luck enough to be able to travel so much. The economy has hit me extremely hard and I haven't had a true vacation since 2009. I have plenty of pics to scrap and still dream that I might one day be able to travel again.

Ooh, I have an idea - have you thought of doing a few layouts or a mini-album about places you WANT to visit but haven't yet?

Pink Spoonbill
Diva
Pink Spoonbill
In response to aquabunny

Hey Girls, I'm still here but with a new screen name. I had a stalker and had to leave for awhile. But I'm happy to annnounce he has been arrested, in jail and pleaded guilty. I have my life back. Yoo-Hoo!!!

Just got back from a great road trip to the Gulf Coast. Houston TX to Destin FL and back. I LOVE MISSISSIPPI and of course, spoonbills. My new favorite critter.

I still want to be in the group if that is okay. I will try to be around more now. Hope everyone is well. I'm freezin'. As a spoonbill, I'm migrating to warm climates. LOL!!!

Pink Spoonbill
Diva
Pink Spoonbill
In response to Pink Spoonbill

And I'm making a rule. Nobody talks about the World Series. My poor Tigers! LOL!

ars.scrap
Expert
ars.scrap

YEAH.... its so nice to hear from everyone... It might be fun to still add a few newbies to the group, I have the post up and will let you all know...

Andrea - We did a trip to London a couple years ago and it was wonderful. My hubby's mom was English so he grew up with spending his summers there so it was like a built in tour guide. I haven't scrapped a single page from that time but you have inspired me to start on them! I love English history (esp 16th - 17th century) so I was in HEAVEN!!!

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
  • Sherrenae Said:

Ooh, I have an idea - have you thought of doing a few layouts or a mini-album about places you WANT to visit but haven't yet?

Neat idea - a travel bucket list. Maybe 1 pagers leaving the opposite side blank for a layout after I actually get there.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ars.scrap

So glad to see you back Terri and so releived that you have your life back. You had me worried for a while!

Sherri and Andrea - welcome back to you two.

With the economy as it is a lot of people are not able to travel as they would like. Just join in and talk about travel and where you would like to go. If you are researching a trip, even preliminary planning or maybe just a dream vacation for "someday" - share it with us.

Just because you are not able to travel now does not mean you are not a travel bug at heart. That is what counts!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I h e never been to England so I want you to do your layouts and post them Angela. I love English history too.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

• Pink Spoonbill Said:
And I'm making a rule. Nobody talks about the World Series. My poor Tigers! LOL!

Sounds like a good moratorium to me. I was at Game 4. It was awful. (I actually cried in the ballpark.) At least they scored in that game. Had hoped this was my year. Apparently not. Now kicking myself for not buying stuff while I was in the shop afterward - there was a great pair of earrings that was only at some kiosks and not in the main D Shop - so I have to wait till next time I'm in Detroit for a game to get the earrings.

My husband and I made a rule that in future we just go to the ALCS because it would be WAY less stressful.

And welcome back!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Andea - what are you thinking about the big vacation? Please share plans. Those are all places I would love to go. How long do you want to stay? Do you take structured yours or do more of your own thing? Structured tours have gotten so expensive and we love the challenge of finding things on our own,

My favorite way to see a new place is to jump on the top of a hop- on hop-off double decker bus . We ride it all the way around the first time talking pictures.

Then we take it around again and get off to see the things that interest us the most.

ars.scrap
Expert
ars.scrap

We definitely do our own thing in travels. Only once have we taken a tour and that was in Egypt and it was more for security reasons (i.e. the man with the big gun traveling on the bus with us).

I finished this layout late last night and just could not get it uploaded. This one is also from McNeil River Sanctuary on the Katmai penninsula of Alaska. It takes winning a lottery to get in and a week of camping out, but its so worth it!!

Everyday Life By Ars.scrap

ars.scrap
Expert
ars.scrap
In response to ars.scrap

So I just have to share this... Since I've been home, I have been working on scanning all my scrapbook pages and getting them cataloged. I started in 2005 and since then I have completed 780 pages containing 2,039 photos...

I would never have thought....

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ars.scrap

We took a tour in Egypt in the port city for Luxor. The dock was very small with no shops or anything - not even a building. Unless you were on a tour with heavy security you could not leave the dock.

We were a caravan of 19 buses going to Valley of the Kings. There had security in front of the caravan and behind it and on both sides plus we passed a guard shack with armed guards holding weapons about every 20 feet on both side of the road.

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae

What kind of vacations did you parent/grandparents or others take you on as a child??

When we lived in South Dakota we went to the Black Hills area every year. When we moved to KS it was either southern MO or CO.

One year we, along with my mom's two sisters and one of her brothers and all of their families went on a road trip to Kentucky/Tennessee. That was a fun experience with 18 people in total. We went along to FL after that to see my dads parents.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics