Username Post: Liquid Pearls        (Topic#1561933)
bwasek
bwasek 
Expert
bwasek

I have a new love, liquid pearls. my stickles have moved down a drawer..lol.

NewSnow0518
Diva
NewSnow0518
In response to bwasek

I have wondered what the difference is.. Also are the liquid pearls sold in the scrapbook sections?

Cupcakes for Chloe
Pro
Cupcakes for Chloe
In response to NewSnow0518

If you love Liquid pearls...You will love Viva Decor Pearl Pens!...And Kelly, They are usually sold at LSS's, They are sometimes found at big box stores, but they are solid not glitter.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to Cupcakes for Chloe

I love my liquid pearls. Cheaper and easier than buying pearls too. I have almost all of the colors now.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Sassy Suzi

I like them too...I only have a couple but want to add to my collection!

bwasek
bwasek 
Expert
bwasek
In response to binkiemonstermom

I also only have a couple. I only bought 3 during the convention now regret not buying more since I cant find them now!

Great description Cheryl. Where can I find the Viva decor pens?

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to bwasek

M's has liquid pearls.

kariyava
Pro
kariyava
In response to Seaexplore

I have and LOVE liquid (and dimensional) pearls by Ranger and use them all the time (pm me if you want to know where you can get some).

NewSnow0518
Diva
NewSnow0518
In response to kariyava

I went to M's but they only sold them in 3 packs and I wasn't sure what color combo I would use more.. They had a white/cream color paired with baby pink and baby blue, or the metallic set of black silver and gold.. What do you ladies think you use most?

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to NewSnow0518

I actually prefer the Viva pens over the liquid pearls. I always get that point on the liquid pearls, but the Viva always round out! Worth every penny!

timon
timon 
Veteran
timon
  • timon on 08-16-11 07:15 PM
In response to Cupcakes for Chloe

• Cupcakes for Chloe Said:
If you love Liquid pearls...You will love Viva Decor Pearl Pens!...And Kelly, They are usually sold at LSS's, They are sometimes found at big box stores, but they are solid not glitter.

oooh...my lss sells those1 i love them, i am slowly stocking up on them. i do want to try the glitter pens from them also.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to HisGEM

• HisGEM Said:
I actually prefer the Viva pens over the liquid pearls. I always get that point on the liquid pearls, but the Viva always round out! Worth every penny!

I so agree!!! I only use the Viva Pearl Pens now. They have some really cool products besides that too, like Inka Gold.

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to Jennifer Priest

I saw on SCS that Ranger reformulated the liquid pearls, so all of the new formula bottles work much better.

kariyava
Pro
kariyava
In response to tinacome

Ranger did re-formulate it (I have both new and old liquid pearls and the new ones are so much better) and I just saw that scrapbook.com has them in the store!
Products Referenced in This Post:

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to kariyava

I have never seen LP at M's. I need to check into that. I think I have all the colors I want, but would be nice to know I can get some locally.

I want to try the Viva Decor pens, but I am afraid of the addiction/collection! When I have 1, I want them all! Also, someone posted here on a thread about finding them at Hobby Lobby, I have yet to be able to find them there???
Wish I could, I would slowly get them using coupons!

nicy 
Tenant
  • nicy on 09-05-11 03:26 AM
In response to HisGEM

I used liquid pearls and they went on beautifully--then puckered and got ugly! Then I heard about Viva Decor and ordered some. This product stands up. I did a test with liquid pearls, dimensional paint, stickles, the ranger stuff black and white two bottles in a package (cannot think what it is called), Tulip dimensional paint. Anyway, the only product that kept the round mound form after curing/drying and waiting for several days was the Ranger black/white stuff and Viva Decor pearl pens. The reason for several days is that I wanted to make sure my design did not fall apart on me once I had moved on to something else. Those of you who use liquid pearls--I would be interested to know if yours held up after several days.
Thanks

bwasek
bwasek 
Expert
bwasek
In response to nicy

I use my LP as I would stickles...outlining, doddling and such. I have yet to use them for making "pearls" so they work fine for me.

• nicy Said:
I used liquid pearls and they went on beautifully--then puckered and got ugly! Then I heard about Viva Decor and ordered some. This product stands up. I did a test with liquid pearls, dimensional paint, stickles, the ranger stuff black and white two bottles in a package (cannot think what it is called), Tulip dimensional paint. Anyway, the only product that kept the round mound form after curing/drying and waiting for several days was the Ranger black/white stuff and Viva Decor pearl pens. The reason for several days is that I wanted to make sure my design did not fall apart on me once I had moved on to something else. Those of you who use liquid pearls--I would be interested to know if yours held up after several days.
Thanks

lcalderone
Tenant
lcalderone
In response to bwasek

You're going to love Viva Decor. The tip works great. Don't forget to test the first small bead to get the air out. They come out flawless everytime. Just a hint, if the bead has a point on it just tap the back of the project slightly to even out.

DeborahM-Mom of Two
Idol
DeborahM-Mom of Two
In response to lcalderone

Viva Decor pens are fine for fabric, and you can wash it. Not sure if that's true for the Ranger brand. But with either, you can change the color with alcohol inks or copics

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to DeborahM-Mom of Two

I just have to try the Pearl Pens.....I love pearls but I love that with this you control the size.....

How much are these pens usually?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics