Username Post: Has this happened to you?        (Topic#1562311)
s_healy1110
Resident
s_healy1110

Has anyone ever had the problem with their clear stamps tearing in half? I was trying to remove the stamp from the clear backing sheet and it ripped in half! Is there anyway to save it?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to s_healy1110

I've had them tear when stored in CD cases (which is why I no longer do so) BUT it should not have torn in it's original packaging,,,,is it new? I'd call the manufacturer and see if they could replace it for you!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to CommaHolly

Not tearing in half, but I had a pack of Inkdinkado stamps which would NOT come off the backing plastic at all. I ripped the back off one of them trying. I took them back to the store but that pack was discontinued. They let me have a discount off a different pack.

Now I always make sure I take new clear stamps off the backing plastic as soon as I buy them, just to make sure they will come off. I'm sure storing new stamps untouched for a while before using them does not do them any good.

Can you put both halves of the stamp together on the block and still get a good image?

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to RedSquirrel

I have torn them,too. If you do remove them from the original packaging, what do you store them on? I'd be willing to give this a try but have no idea what you do attach them to. Suggestions PLEASE.

Edited by pinkpaperairedale on 08-04-11 02:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to pinkpaperairedale

• pinkpaperairedale Said:
I have torn them,too. If you do remove them from the original packaging, what do you store them on? I'd be willing to give this a try but have no idea what you do attach them to. Suggestions PLEASE.

Me as well....I just bought my first ones and it did take some effort to get one off the backing. But my problem is, I tested one out and stamped the image on a piece of paper, but when I went to clean it immediately after using it with soap and water like the package said, it didn't come clean.

pjangel
Diva
pjangel
In response to Ms_Pebbles

write to the company that haappened to me and they replaced it

s_healy1110
Resident
s_healy1110
In response to pjangel

The stamp was one of the Soloz stamps from Studio G. The ones in the dollar bin at M's. Maybe that is why it tore. I put the stamp together on a block and used it. The image came of fine, except for a little line where it tore. It's not too noticeable but it is the first thing my eye goes to because I know it's there.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

• Pebblesh Said:
  • pinkpaperairedale Said:

Me as well....I just bought my first ones and it did take some effort to get one off the backing. But my problem is, I tested one out and stamped the image on a piece of paper, but when I went to clean it immediately after using it with soap and water like the package said, it didn't come clean.

it's normal for stamps to stain,,it doesnt affect the usage of the stamp or the quality of the stamped image. I don't even wash most of mine,,,I just stamp on a scrap paper til the ink is gone,,,

usually metallic ink is the only thing I wash off,,that stuff is sticky.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

Thanks! Good to know. I was a lil worried.

s_healy1110
Resident
s_healy1110

I was worried about the stamps staining too. I was going to get a stamp cleaner/scrubber. Is it not necessary or should I go ahead and get one?

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

• s_healy1110 Said:
I was worried about the stamps staining too. I was going to get a stamp cleaner/scrubber. Is it not necessary or should I go ahead and get one?

I was going to get one too...but if it's not going to matter, I can spend on other more pretty stuff! So I would like to know as well.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I usually use a baby wipe if I want to clean them,,,,,just make sure there's no alcohol in it,,,

cat_woman
Expert
cat_woman

Like CommaHolly, I use baby wipes (no alcohol or lanolin) to clean most of my stamps. The only time I use a cleaner is if I use a really sticky pigment ink (most metallic inks are pigment ink) or Stazon ink. I did have a set of stamps where one stamp would not come off the backing sheet, so I just cut the backing sheet around the stamp and put Aileens Tack It Over & Over glue on the back, let it dry, and now I can use the stamp.

Esmee
Esmee 
Resident
Esmee
  • Esmee on 08-06-11 11:57 AM
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I put them back on the original sheet and than put them in a zip-bag, rubber stamps are also stored in a zip-bag. For me, its works great!

I also clean them with a baby wipe or special cleaner for clear-stamps.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Esmee

I use wet wipes to clean my stamps, unless I use metallic ink on them, in which case it's soap and water in the sink. It's a good idea to wash acrylic stamps properly every so often anyway, to keep them tacky.

s_healy1110
Resident
s_healy1110
In response to RedSquirrel

Thank you for the tips. I really appreciate it!

Ynanayoung
Diva
Ynanayoung

I have torn them before and I just place the together on the block and stamp. I leave mine in the original package.

Tenant

I use baby wipes too and Stazon cleaner when I am in the mood!

AshleyH
Tenant
AshleyH
In response to mdowner10

I usually use baby wipes as well. Stamps will stain. Sadly it is the nature of the beast. However, you can ink your stamp up with a watermark ink and then use your normal shade. This will protect your stamp. Most dye inks won't stain your stamps unless it is a dark shade. Chalk inks are terrible with your clear stamps. Hope that helps!

mommalizzie
New Kid On the Block
mommalizzie
In response to AshleyH

i had a dragon fly stamp do that... the tail tore off when i was taking it off the clear strip for the first time lol
i just stick it on there the say way it was... like piecing it back on the clear block

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics