Page 1 of 12 
Username Post: August Die Cut Swap - SWAPPED OUT        (Topic#1562351)
Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Hi, since I had so much fun with the past two die cut swaps hosted by April, I asked her if she'd mind if I started up the third one and she said I was welcome to start it up and she'd help out. Some things I copied and pasted from her last swap, some are new.

For this swap you will be making die cuts using a cricut, cuttlebug, sizzix, silhouette, anything you have to make die cuts with. You will be sending them to me and I will swap them out and return back to you with the category you pick.

PLEASE READ SOME RULES HAVE CHANGED!

Due Date: Postmarked by September 7, 2011 .

Flakers need not join!! You must check in at least once a week, it only takes a minute to say "jci" or add a smile. If you need to drop out of the swap please pm me so I can fill your spot. If it's September 4th and you haven't started, PLEASE let me know ASAP.

The Swap: For this swap you will
1. Pick the categories you want to make die cuts for.
2. make your die cut 1 per person in your group, and bag each die with your name, sb.com name, and group name on it then bag each category together.
3. send to me with the same amount of postage and 2 extra stamps (your unused postage will be returned to you) I will reuse your mailer unless it is damaged

SEND TO:
Sally McCracken
4603 Maplecrest Ave
Parma, OH 44134

If you use a die cut that has layers on the design please use the layers also. You do NOT have to embellish your die cuts, that is up to you. Please send in work that you would be happy to use on your own pages!

Any questions feel free to ask

If you can think of additional categories, let me know and I'll add them.

name - received

-------------------------

** Cats **

1. Shelly Anne
2. Meredith H
3. Kdsmommy
4. Patty
5. Your ScrapAttack
6. Hostess

** Dogs **

1. Shelly Anne
2. Meredith H
3. Vivian
4. Jen
5. kdsmommy
6. Bon

** Fall **

1. Meredith H
2. Hostess/angel spot
3. Sarah
4. Vivian
5. Suzi
6. kdsmommy

** School **

1. Meredith H8)
2. Sarah
3. Jen
4. kdsmommy8)
5. Hostess

** Harvest **
1. Sally
2. Meredith H8)
3. Vivian
4. Suzi

** Mythical **
1. Sally
2. Meredith
3 Shelly Anne

** Teenagers **
1. Sally
2. Shelly Anne
3. Meredith H8)
4. Sarah
5. Bon
6. Stopnstare

** Birthdays **

1. Sally
2. Meredith H
3. Hostess/angel spot
4. Cassondra -
5. Bon
6. Stopnstare

8/4/11 New category added
Baby (boy or girl) If you prefer boy stuff or girl stuff, put that next to your name

1. Bon
2. Patty (boy)
3. Vivian (boy/girl -2-3" for making cards)
4. Jen
5. Sally

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 09-28-11 09:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to Lookin4newideas

Sorry sally, with the wedding coming up in 24 days I'm a little swamped. Please let me know when the Sept swap is started... I'd love to join then!!!

Thanks so much for thinking of me and inviting me!

Shelly_Anne00
Guru
Shelly_Anne00

Hey Sally!!

I'd love to join. Does it matter what color our die cuts are?

I will get back to you on the categories I want to participate in. Thanks for the invite.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Shelly_Anne00

Yay Shelly! It doesn't matter what color or size.

I understand about your wedding plans Imelda. I forgot about that.. oops!

Shelly_Anne00
Guru
Shelly_Anne00

ok great Sally!!!

I'll do teenager - rock princess cartridge
dogs - four legged friends cartridge
cats - four legged friends cartridge

I'd also like to do fall, but I'm not sure if I have anything for that category. I will get back to you on the others. :-)

Meredith h
Veteran
Meredith h
In response to Shelly_Anne00

Sally, I would like a spot in each group! thanks!

cheena
cheena 
Guru
cheena
In response to Meredith h

Sorry hun, I have 4 nieces & nephews bdays this month. I don't want to take on too much. But this sounds like fun!! Please let me know when you will have another round at this. Would love to participate the next time!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to cheena

I'll take one each in Fall and Birthday.

Thanks for the invite friend!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to Claggy

I have a question: What size should they be? Do you want to limit them to an envie size?

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to Claggy

Sally thanks for the invite I will take a spot in birthday please

Thank you!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Cassondra71

Thanks for joining ladies, and for those of you who can't, I understand.

Nancy, I would say to limit the size to no greater than 6". I don't want to limit them to an envelope size because some people like to sign up for several categories and then they get too bulky for a regular envelope.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 08-03-11 10:58 PM

Sally,

Count me in!!!!!

You said that we could suggest some other categories...How about Baby Boy and Baby Girl?? Or Little Boy and Little Girl?? Or even just Boy/Girl and leave it open to whatever age, besides teens of course. Maybe a Sports category.

Besides my suggestions I would love to be a part of the "Teenager" and "Birthday" categories.

Thanks for this AWESOME idea...this is going to be a wonderful swap

springhillsarah
Tenant
springhillsarah
In response to NaneeTootieBeebleBug

I'm in - sounds F*U*N! I'll take FALL, SCHOOL and TEENAGERS. I've been looking for more excuses to use my Pazzles Inspiration!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to springhillsarah

Ok Bon, I added babies, we'll see if we get enough interest. I'll save the sports for next month.

Sarah, I have you added. It's interesting to see all the different die cuts you get from the different ones people have.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 08-04-11 12:50 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I'll be out of town tomorrow night and coming back Saturday, so if anyone signs up, don't worry, I'm not ignoring you, I'll be away from the computer.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

I have a few of the TH dies but I dont think there is a category for it, but would love a category to swap some for those I dont have. I have these:

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Sassy Suzi

Ok, I'm getting tired, I now clicked on one of those die cuts three times in between trying to reply here and then losing what I typed because I didn't save it or send it.. grrrrr.

I've been trying to write that if you can be creative enough you could probably made a couple of the work for different categories. If you have any hole punches (like an apple) you could make a sign for an apple orchard and glue some apples down. Or a sign for skateboards, or Hot Topic or something teenagers like, or make flowers in harvest colors, or lock and keys for diaries. Depending on which categories you like, I'm sure something can be used that you have by changing up the color. I like all of them! (we had two or three of those categories specifically last month)

skittlesab5
Expert
skittlesab5

Wow Sally,

Your getting a great turn out with some new faces GOOD JOB!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to skittlesab5

Thanks April, well you started it and it was a lot of fun, and fun spreads!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

PLEASE NOTE: I EXTENDED THE DATE BY ONE WEEK. WITH END OF SUMMER VACATIONS AND SCHOOL STARTING, THIS GIVES YOU A LITTLE MORE BREATHING ROOM AND ALLOWS MORE TIME FOR PEOPLE TO SIGN UP!

Page 1 of 12 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics