Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: WHat are the must-had inkpad colours?        (Topic#1562505)
dulcedelechesb
Tenant
dulcedelechesb

Hi, i´m a newbie here and i´d love to know what colous are the most usefull ones . thankies
dulcedelechesb

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to dulcedelechesb

It depends on what you'll be using the inks for and what colors you use in your crafting.

There are also several different kinds of inks that are used for different purposes. Check this out: Types of Ink and their Properties .

Personally, I like lots of color and I stamp a LOT so I have a lot of inks. Black and brown are musts for nearly everyone though.
Products Referenced in This Post:

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to Here Kitty

I use a lot of black and brown...

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to debby_westbrook

I use stampin up ink for regular stamping. Versamark is helpful, I LOVE Tim Holtz distressing inks..and have almost all of them!!! Then I have black ink for water coloring stamps, and another brand for inking and then coloring the images with copics.
Black, brown and the primary colors are a good start. Do you scrap for a girl mostly or a boy...then maybe you need more blue or more pinks. Start basic and go from there. Inks are addicting!!!

twoboysforme
Idol
twoboysforme
In response to binkiemonstermom

I agree with the others above that black and brown are key! I use the Distress Inks "Walnut Stain" and "Black Soot" more than any other colors. Hth. Stephanie

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to twoboysforme

i think it depends on your style and colors that are most often in your pics. i have 2 boys and i use a lot of blue and green ink.

Seamaiden
Guru
Seamaiden
In response to Lamoo12

I agree with Melanie. Take a look through your papers and choose complimentary colors that you will use most often. Then expand from there.

My personal fav of the week...

Tim Holtz Distressed Ink - Weathered Wood

Resident
In response to Seamaiden

I always use black, I have other colors too but I seem to grab the black the most

snoflake517
Veteran
snoflake517
In response to Lauralny

I really dig browns. I have several of the tim holtz distress inks in various browns. I love the antique look it gives the pages. Have fun with them!

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to snoflake517

Black
Brown
Red
Dark Blue
Olive Green

I 'collect' the Dew Drops in all the yummy colors, and I think Ive used them all at one time or another. DEF black and brown are most used for me to get that vintage look/feel for a LO or photos. You can get multi packs of them at HL and use your 40 or 50% coupon to save!

SarahWscraps
Veteran
SarahWscraps
In response to ScrappyMama6

Black
Brown
White
Green
Red

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to SarahWscraps

My favorites are the distress inks, the colors I use the most are:

Vintage Photo
Black Soot
Crushed Olive
Wild Honey

But really I love them all!

dulcedelechesb
Tenant
dulcedelechesb
In response to MrsAnnieS

Thank you all!!!

susanlk
Veteran
susanlk

My must-haves are brown & green, black comes in third.

If you're looking for stamping ink, I find the Tim Holtz Distress inks aren't as good for that. I prefer Color Box chalk inks for stamping. The Memento dye inks are good too.

My absolute favorite ink pad is the Color Box Chalk in Dark Brown.

I do like the Distress inks for things other than stamping.

simplycrafty
Veteran
simplycrafty
In response to susanlk

I agree with melanie too!! DO you like light papers or dark ones? I would use black browns, and blues for darker images or themed pages such as halloween, or fall, but if you like bright colors than primary works for me!! I like Bright, most of the time during summer than winter changes my mood toward darker tones!! HTH

Edited by simplycrafty on 08-19-11 01:48 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest

I recommend all of the following--affordable and will get through just about any job you need inks for HTH!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Jennifer Priest

I used a charcoal grey on the edges of photos a lot.
A must have in my book is this stAz on ink.
Products Referenced in This Post:

mars2005
Veteran
mars2005
In response to Gelidy Gelato

As you all can tell i am very, very new at this. Question on ink. when you have a stamp how do you get color on each section. for example: yellow for blonde hair, blue for a dress etc etc. is there such a thing as printing and coloring it in?

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to mars2005

You can use a marker to color the individual spots on a stamp then huff on it (breathe onto the stamp with your mouth open and the moisture from your breath will re-moisten all the ink on the stamp). If the stamp is an outline and you want to color it in (like a coloring book type image) then you can use Copic Markers, watercolor pencils, or any number of things to color it in

HTH

Bird-Girl
Guru
Bird-Girl
In response to Jennifer Priest

very helpful info!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics