Username Post: What are the best Stamps to buy?        (Topic#1562509)
conpit52
Veteran
conpit52

I am looking into buying some stamps I have none and I am not sure what type to buy can anyone help me? Thank you have a wonderful weekend.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to conpit52

Here are some stamps I really like... Just a few samples...
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by debby_westbrook on 08-06-11 05:49 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to debby_westbrook

LOL, perhaps I'm not the best one to ask...

Unity Stamps
TJ Designs
TPC Studio
Rubber Cafe
Verve Stamps
Crafty Secrets
Stampendous!
Inkadinkado
Waltzingmouse
Gina K Designs
Papertrey Ink
Flourishes
Avocado Arts
Hero Arts
JustRite
Stampabilities
My Favorite Things
Penny Black

These are a FEW of my favorites...
Care to narrow it down for us? Do you like images of animals? people? landscapes? plants? cutesy stuff? detailed? etc...

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Here Kitty

I have recently enjoyed many of the new Stampin' Up stamps!! I dig you- adorable, petite pennants- ADORABLE!!!! Dinoroar- A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!!!

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to Here Kitty

• Here Kitty Said:
LOL, perhaps I'm not the best one to ask...

Unity Stamps
TJ Designs
TPC Studio
Rubber Cafe
Verve Stamps
Crafty Secrets
Stampendous!
Inkadinkado
Waltzingmouse
Gina K Designs
Papertrey Ink
Flourishes
Avocado Arts
Hero Arts
JustRite
Stampabilities
My Favorite Things
Penny Black

These are a FEW of my favorites...
Care to narrow it down for us? Do you like images of animals? people? landscapes? plants? cutesy stuff? detailed? etc...

WOW...tfs!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Ms_Pebbles

As with pretty much everything, this depends on so many things - are you scrapping or making cards or both? Do you scrap children or pets or recipes or travel or something else? Do you have a specific style? Do you journal a lot?

Personally, I like stamps with lines for journaling, and stamps with word definitions on them, and stamps with non-cartoony rabbits on them. Obviously that's not for everybody - not everybody journals as much as I do; if they do, maybe they can keep straight lines better than I can; not everybody loves words and definitions as much as I do; not everybody is scrapbooking about a pet rabbit. I also typically prefer stamps with a more realistic style, but lots of people prefer a more whimsical or playful style. What I like best isn't necessarily what will work best for you.

conpit52
Veteran
conpit52
In response to aquabunny

Thank You ladies I was looking for a journal stamp and I love to work with flowers. I have never really used stamps so I'm not sure what type I would want to use, I am going to have to go look around at the craft store. Thank you again have a great day.

afitzgerald91
Resident
afitzgerald91
In response to conpit52

My best advice would be to buy stamps that have reuse value! Right now all of my stamps are alphabet/flourishes/butte rflies/calendar dates. I'd like to get some journaling stamps with the lines, just a matter of finding them at a good price. (Okay, just a matter of me being lazy) If you see a stamp that costs $15 but you can only ever see using it on one layout or card or whatever you're making, maybe it's not worth the money! I love the clear stamps because they don't create a clutter and are really customizable and easy to clean!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to afitzgerald91

Outlines makes very cool floral stamps

also ...

Stampin' Up
Close to my Heart
Tim Holtz (love these)
La Blanche

have fun

gracie_1990
Tenant
gracie_1990
In response to madmatter

Journaling and letter stamps are a must. Also, I prefer to use pigment ink. When I first started using stamps, I bought dye-based ink. The color of the ink looked off on colored and patterned paper.

Edited by gracie_1990 on 08-07-11 02:45 PM. Reason for edit: spelling, forgot to add products

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics