Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: HELP-Sewing Machine Problem?        (Topic#1562511)
Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to amandahugandkiss

Okay, well I changed the bobbin back to one that came with the machine and I unscrewed the bottom plate and oiled two parts in there that I hadn't done before...so far so good!!! It's running again, no strange noises or jamming-knock on wood! Hopefully it will last the duration of this quilt and then I'll decide if this a hobby that's worth purchasing a new, better machine for!

Thanks for everyone's input!

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 08-10-11 07:33 AM
In response to Scrapbook Queen

YAY!!!!!! Sometimes the bobbins are just a tiny bit different and that makes all the difference!

Have fun and post pics!!!!!

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to Tivi

Here's the second quilt I made:

Second Quilt Ever By Scrapbook Queen

Here's the first:

Baby Quilt By Scrapbook Queen

TFL!

Edited by Scrapbook Queen on 08-10-11 07:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 08-10-11 08:08 AM

LOVE IT!!! Is it a variation on a Puss in Boots?

Oh, if you find a good tutorial on triangles PLEASE post the link! 40+ years of quilting and I still have all kinds of trouble with triangles! I love the look of the Flying Geese, but those triangles!!!!!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Tivi

that is a GORGEOUS quilt! Very nicely done. Is it for someone in particular?

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to Tivi

• Tivi Said:
LOVE IT!!! Is it a variation on a Puss in Boots?

Oh, if you find a good tutorial on triangles PLEASE post the link! 40+ years of quilting and I still have all kinds of trouble with triangles! I love the look of the Flying Geese, but those triangles!!!!!

Puss in boots? I have no idea! If you mean the balck and red one I followed a "disappearing 9 patch" tutorial I found on youtube-I think that's what it was called. I'll post it.

Although,I ran out of the red fabric with the chinese symbols so I got the balck with the flowers and then decided to put the black frame in because it didn't look right with the blocks with the different fabrics next to each other. Hopefully that makes sense!

I was considering doing triangles next...again isaw a youtube tutorial that made it look easy...oh dear, maybe I'm getting in over my head!

Edited by Scrapbook Queen on 08-11-11 06:50 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to Seaexplore

• seaexplore Said:
that is a GORGEOUS quilt! Very nicely done. Is it for someone in particular?

Thank you. The baby one is for my new baby (due in a week) and the black and red one is for our basement TV room.

Now, I'm making a pink, blue, brown one for the upstairs TV room but my husband says it's too small, so I might send it to my friend for her little girl's first b-day. I bought a pattern for this one and it's way easier than winging it like I did on the last two!

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen

Triangle tutorials I thought I might try:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKbvv6Uy-es&a mp;feature=...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVd9CfUK5gU&a mp;feature=...

Disappearing nine patch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEjZOXxPazg&a mp;feature=...
(I oriented the patches differently)

Enjoy!

Edited by Scrapbook Queen on 08-11-11 06:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 08-11-11 08:36 AM

Thank you! I'll check them out this afternoon.

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 08-12-11 11:08 AM
In response to Tivi

Love the Disappearing 9 patch tut!!! That is SO MUCH EASIER than the way I was taught!!!!

Have you looked at Eleanor Burns Quilt in a Day? She has a lot of books (not sure about vids) for different quilt patterns. Her Log Cabin instructions are pretty clear and easy to follow - especially if you have never made a Log Cabin. Using her method, I made a queen size quilt top in about 10 hours. It took me a bit longer to cut the strips because I wanted one of the fabrics to run a particular way in each block.

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to Tivi

I'll check her out!

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen

Here's my lastest:

Another Quilt By Scrapbook Queen

Page 2 of 2