Page 7 of 11 
Username Post: me again!! Cards for kids!        (Topic#1562519)
Tenant
In response to armygirl

Hi again, just a quick question, what age range are the kids? I'm trying to make sure I'm not making cards too young or old..I have about 60 made and will mail when I hit the 100 mark, as the postage is outrageous from Canada:( so I'm trying to get as many in one shipment as I can!

Veteran
In response to Michelle Adams

BOX GETTING SENT OUT TOMM.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to SHARON ELISE

Good morning!!!!! Plan on working on some 'boy' cards today....I picked up some boy embellishments.

Randasue, how's daddy feeling?

It will be a good day for us all!

scalvert2542
Expert
scalvert2542
In response to Linnny

Good Morning Everyone!

Randasue, how is your father doing?

I just got back from a cruise last night. Getting adjusted to being back lol, but plan on getting more cards done this week. While on the cruise, they had a workshop to make cards, and of course I had to join! Saved them for the kids =) My family got quite a kick out of the fact that we were thousands of miles away from home and I still managed to make some cards!

I hope everyone is doing good so far this year!

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to scalvert2542

Just letting you know I'm still here and participating. I have about 50 cards at this point but plan to do lots more as usual.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to disneylisa

Stephanie, only a scrapper will find a way to scrap anywhere.

Vivian Lake
Guru
Vivian Lake
In response to DKravec

Debbie - that is so true!

Veteran
In response to Vivian Lake

Box of cards went out today. Starting on another batch of cards.Sharon

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to SHARON ELISE

My box will be full by March when I will mail it. Then I will start another box for next year. It sounds like you are getting thousands of cards. That is GREAT! In all the camps across the country, how many kids attend?

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to texlady

I have about 15 done. I am hoping to get a few more done and box mailed out in March.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to prittb

hi everyone! thanks to all of you for keeping me posted, and for all the concern shown for my daddy. he is doing about the same, he keeps saying that after 94 comes 95, and he will be 95 in march! he still is confined to bed and that drives him crazy, but he is still in his right mind and knows all of us, so we are pleased with how he is doing.
michelle...the ages of the campers are from 6 - 12.sharon elise... i received your cards today, and they are great! thanks so much!

texlady...i am not sure how many campers there are atr all the camps across the country, but there at least a hundred and something camps. we are one of the largest organizations for camps for battered and abused children. the main website is www.rfkc.org if you want to check it out.
thanks everyone...keep on making those cards!!!
let me know if you need anything.
thanks again for all your concern for my daddy!

Tenant
In response to randasue

Thank you for the info randasue. I have about a 100 made and will send out this week, then I have about 50 valentines for 2 stores to make before I start more for the kids..
You're father sounds like a tough cookie! 95 WOW! I think of all the things he must of seen and done in the world..what a wonder! I hope everything is going well! Sounds like you're really close, enjoy every minute of every day!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

95.... Wow. My dad is in his 80's and I've felt so blessed to still have him in our life. I would love for him to still be here at 95. I can't stand the thought of ever losing one of my parents.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to DKravec

Well I have 20 done (I am very slow at making cards). I will try to get some more done and mail the end of February.

Tenant
In response to prittb

Have 100 made and will post tomarrow. Got my valentines made and done with and now starting mothers day and grad cards. Always a holiday around the corner!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

howdy! I'm off to a slow start, but I have a few made and plan to do more.

I'm signed up to get updates from this message thread, but for some reason, the content of the posts never actually come through, it's just a blank email. I just haven't bothered to email sb.com about it.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Tina scraps

Rhonda, I'll be mailing my box out on Monday. We're trying to sell the house so I'm cleaning up my scrap room and getting things better organized so everything that needs mailing is going out the door Monday. I have just a tad over 50. Sure hope that helps out.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to DKravec

I have made about 50 cards that I am storing in a box,, some are A2 size and some are smaller. I want to wait a bit longer to add to this box and mail some time in April/ May.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to armygirl

OOPS, there is no mail on Monday so it looks like it'll be on Tuesday.

Rhonda, how's your dad doing. Haven't heard for awhile so I'm hoping all is well.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to DKravec

hey everybody! sorry i havent been on in a while. my dad is doing pretty good. they finally decided he was well enough to start physical therapy....after 5 months!!! they don't think he will walk, but just trying to get him stonger, and hopefully we can get him out of bed and in a wheelchair. we are all still taking turns staying with him, but i am the only one that works full time, so i can't stay at night during the week, and work the next day. i did it for several months,everyday. then i stay for 24 hours on the weekend. just pray for me and him and all of us!

i haven't done any sb or card making at all since all this happened! am trying to get some things together for cards so when i go to dad's i can work on a few.
thanks to all of you for working on the cards. i am looking forward to seeing all of your great cards.
debbie, i will let you know when i get your cards. i know they will be great!

Page 7 of 11 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics