Page 8 of 11 
Username Post: me again!! Cards for kids!        (Topic#1562519)
scalvert2542
Expert
scalvert2542
In response to randasue

Awww so happy to hear that about your father. Even if it is just to gain strength, that is great progress! You all continue to be in my thoughts.

I finally hit the 50 mark on my cards and hope to get a lot more done. I may try and send out a box soon, depends if I finally make it to the post office to pick up boxes. I HATE going to the post office soo much lol. I will let you know if I send a box.

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to scalvert2542

I have a box full.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to texlady

I have 65 cards now,,I was working on them this weekend. Used up lots of my half sheets of scrap pattern papers.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to armygirl

65 is awesome. I never got past the 50's. So many other things got in the way.

Tenant
In response to DKravec

Hi Hope you've received my cards I sent out, I'm trying to get caught up on my stock for the stores and may be able to send more before the deadline, always so much to do!

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to randasue

Got side track by a cold and then a broken toe so looks like the end of March they will be mailed. Hope to get a few more made by then too.

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to prittb

Randa: what is the latest we can mail them to you and still make this yrs camp session? I am sure you have to sort these and whatever?

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to texlady

Tracking shows that the cards made it to your house safely. If they didn't, let me know and I'll check it out.

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to DKravec

After listening to everyone here give a count of the number they have made, I counted mine.

101 cards ready to be mailed.

And I have a couple of friends getting together in a couple of weeks for a weekend card making for delivery to Randasue. I am guessing, but I think we are talking about mailing 155 cards by June. I am sure you can find another camp that could use them. if you have to many

Edited by texlady on 03-01-12 06:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to texlady

hi ya'll!! sorry, it is hard to get on here as much as i would like to.
thanks to all for asking about my sweet daddy. he is doing pretty good. he was finally given physical therapy, he can't get out of bed without someone really helping him, but he is pulling himself up in the bed using a ring above the bed, and will do "crunches' using the ring and won't stop until you tell him too!
his 95the birthday is the 1oth, and we are having a big party fo him! thanks for all the prayers and concerns for him!
received michele adams and d kravek's cards this week, and may i just say...."OH MY GOODNESS!!! i have never seen so many gorgeous cards!!! ya'll have dobne an awesome job! they are ablsolutly beautiful!! thanks so much!
to texlady....the camp is the first full week of july, so you should have plenty of time to get them here.

thanks to all of you, by box is full and starting aoin another on. ytou are syuch wonderful ladies to do this for our precious children at camp...it will mean so much to them...

will be back with ya'll soon, take care and keep on making those gorgeous cards!!!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to randasue

So glad the box made it safely. And glad to hear that your dad is doing better. We'll keep up the prayers.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to DKravec

wow, i didn;t realize just how tired i was when i typed that post....way too many mistakes! sorry...i hate it when i do that!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to randasue

Happy to hear you daddy is doing good!

I have about 35 cards made, but I'd like to make some more. I had carpal tunnel surgery a week ago, so I should be healed and able to make some more before the deadline. Just wanted you to know I'm still with you all....realized I haven't checked in in quite awhile.

Hope all are well!

Tenant
In response to randasue

I'm in!

Missy

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to armygirl

mms

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to armygirl

Sign me up!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to scrappnmom2il

I just mailed off some cards but I'm in Canada and they said it could take 2 weeks before you get them.....sent them in a bubble mailer, hope they arrive ok....
Alison

scalvert2542
Expert
scalvert2542
In response to kiyawinn

Went to the post office Saturday and got boxes. I was planning on sending one out soon, however they only had the large boxes in stock, so I have a lot more room to fill it up with. As of this evening, I have 100 cards made and still going.

Crafty Nautolan
Pro
Crafty Nautolan
In response to armygirl

i will definitely participate, awesome project

Tenant
In response to Crafty Nautolan

I probably won't get more made before the deadline. I have been overwhelmed with things around here. My husband had a lung collapse, and was in the icu for 10 days. He is home now, and doing ok but I have so much more to do now until he's allowed to go back to work. (we run a janitorial business together).I hope my 100 I sent will be enough to get you thru with all the others making just as many or more. Next year I hope to do it again and can start this summer when things calm down a bit!

Page 8 of 11 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics