Page 10 of 11 
Username Post: me again!! Cards for kids!        (Topic#1562519)
susanlk
Expert
susanlk
In response to renwa33

Mine just went postal today. I managed to get 43 cards made. I really had hoped to help you more than that. I will definitely try for more next year.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to susanlk

Mine are in the mail today. I realized I left out the note that said who they were from. They are in a white hallmark envelope that has a dog sticker on the back flap. Sorry about that... but I know they are going to a great cause. This is my 2nd batch for the year.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Randasue,

I've been looking and looking on the general page for this!

My 4H club had a late start this year so we didn't make any cards but I had a girl scout at church make a bunch of cards of a service project for you! There's probably 150 cards for you.

Is it too late to mail them to you?

Julie

Veteran
In response to Ohio4HMom

MY PKG SHOULD GO OUT ON MONDAY.I TRIED TO MAKE MORE BOY CARDS THIS YEAR.

Tenant
In response to SHARON ELISE

I'm sending my group's cards on Monday. We've got a little over 300.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to tpeavler

Randa Sue.. you should have mine now. I, too, tried to make more with a "boy" theme this time around. Used Dinosaurs, tents, fishing themes.

Veteran

My pkg went out today. Between the 2 packages I made a little over 200 cards.

Edited by SHARON ELISE on 06-11-12 07:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to SHARON ELISE

My cards will be in the mail today.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to armygirl

I just bought a paper pack and embellishments with dinos, frogs, alligators, etc. so I can sart on next year's cards!

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

I know its pushing it but mine should go out tomorrow. It will be priority from PA so you may get them in time. If not, I'm sure you'll just save them for next year which is fine.

susanlk
Expert
susanlk
In response to disneylisa

I just had another box go out today, priority mail, so you should have it in 2-3 days.

Tried to mail it on Saturday. Got to the P.O. at 10:59, lights were off. At some point, they changed their Sat. hours from 11:45 to 11:00. So they didn't go out until this a.m.

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to susanlk

I have 50 made for next yr so far.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to texlady

I am so sorry, I totally lost track of this! I do have some cards made, but didn't make as many as I had planned, and hadn't even thought about the fact that it was now July! Would you still like the cards I made for this year?

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to Tina scraps

Hi, I was just checking to see if you got My cards I sent them on the 19th,,I was trying to see if they would arrive for this years camp.

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to armygirl

I added up just the msgs that have the number of cards mailed. You should have over 2,000 cards this year. I know you will pass what you can onto some other camp.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to armygirl

yes, i did receive yours in time. i did get some right up to the deadline, so they were used at camp too.

i must say that i am very sorry that i didnt' get on here toward the last few weeks to let you all know that i received them, and that the camp went well.
the week after the camp was my pageant that i was the director of. it is for special needs teens and adults, male and female, so that has kept me tied up till just a few days ago, tying up the loose ends. it went really well too.

thanks again for all the cards.. we did have over 2000 cards, and believe it or not, they were all used up! we had 66 campers this year, so the campers each received about 30 or so cards. we have a lady whose job it is to make sure every camper gets cards everyday, and logs in for each camper, that way no one gets left out, and they all receieve about the same.

thanks for once again blessing these kids and making them smile..knowing that people who don't even know them, care enough to take the time to make them a card.

you are all awesome!

i will be posting a new thread soon to start for next year!

THanks and God bless you all!

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to randasue

Randasue: I am so glad everything went well at camp this yr. How did you find time to hand out all those cards in just 7 days of camp. The lady in charge must have had a full time job just tracking cards.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to texlady

Glad the cards were a success.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to prittb

I will definitely be creating and donating for 2013. I have purchased supplies this summer that have your kids in mind. Frogs, lions, zebras, lizards, alligators, etc. I will put them in a special box and mail them off in the fall. I think I got 3 batches off to you for this year and I at least want to match that amount for next year. I didn't keep track of the exact number. Thank you for organizing such an important collection of cards.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

I had planned to do many cards this year, and I, too, loaded up on things like zoo animals, ice cream stickers, etc. But I only got a dozen or so done and sent off. So I will try to do better for 2013. I am going to start right away and use the special supplies!

Kim

Page 10 of 11 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics