Page 4 of 11 
Username Post: me again!! Cards for kids!        (Topic#1562519)
texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to armygirl

More to come.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to texlady

I'm still working on my cards. I'm a bit slower than most people. I only have about 20 ready so far. I'm going to try to work my way to 50. I figure I've still got lots of time.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to laceyKat

Hi ,,I was looking at the list and I didn't see my daughters name on the list, Can you please add her,, Scrap-peace3..thanks

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to armygirl

That is what I am doing. A few at a time and waiting until the box is full. Might have 75 cards before I mail. If you receive 50 cards from 20 people, that is 1000 cards. If the kids go to camp for 7 days and you need a card a day, that means 1000 cards will help 142 kids. Do we need to make more cards? 142 kids is a few kids, but if there is more than that, or less but more days, you are short cards.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to texlady

I'm thinking that if there any extra cards left over, she'll be able to put them away for next year. There can never be too much.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to DKravec

hi ya'll. i have missed being on here...still with my daddy..he doesn't have much time left now. but i am grateful that i have had a wonderful daddy, and that he has lived a long and happy life. he has always said he wanted to be at home when he passed, so it looks like that is what God is allowing to happen. thanks for your prayers!

i see ya'll are discussing the number of cards we need. last year we went through almost 2,000. we were out of them by the next to the last day of camp. their are alot of staff members, besides their counselors, that write notes too, so we go through tons! and we will keep any extra and use them the next year.
one way to really get alot of cards done is to have a card party with fellow crafters. even people who don't sb or make cards have had alot of fun getting together and making cards. church groups, girl or boy scouts, ladies groups..teenagers...get a group together and see what happens!

i really appreciate all of your help. this is really a great project that keeps giving to this kids every year. and we never know how much a simple card can mean to those who don't have much...they can carry that gift with them for the rest of their lives...

sorry..got a little sentimental, but that is how this camp is....it will change your life. this past year we had 2 siblings that had once been campers...the first few years of the camp...and one is a councelor, and the other on the praise team. it was really neat to have that happen..to see them want to give back to something that gave so much to them....

keep praying for us and my sweet precious daddy. he has always started and ended the day, and all through the day...sang or whistled, and even now, as he is transitioning, in pain and not always knowing what is going on..he still sings...."Count your blessings, name them one by one, count your blessings see what God has done,,,Count your blessing, name them one by one...and it will suprise you what the Lord has done"
even if you aren't a Christian, we should all be able to count our blessings.
thanks ya'll. i will be back in a few days hopefully.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to randasue

I continue to pray for your daddy and all those who love him. I know how difficult a time this is as both my mom and dad are with our Father. How wonderful that your dad continues to count his blessings...your post has reminded me to do the same!!!
Blessings

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Linnny

count me in again. Not sure how good I'd be on the olympic theme, but I can make some other cards.

Veteran
In response to Tina scraps

I have a pkg that is almost ready to send.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to SHARON ELISE

Sending prayers and blessings to your father that he passes peacefully. Please keep us posted on how he's doing.

Had to take a short break on the card front to catch up on a few things but should be ready to start back up again in a few days.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

scalvert2542
Expert
scalvert2542
In response to DKravec

You and your family continue to be in my thoughts. It is amazing how he continues to sing even while being in the position he is. Sounds like you have had a pretty good father to guide you in life.

I also had to take a break from the card making, but will be starting back up in a week or so.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to scalvert2542

Good morning!!

How's you dad doing? Prayers continue.

Working on some projects and then will go back to making more cards. Only have 15 made so far....work in progress

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to Linnny

I also have a box going. When it is full, I will mail it.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to texlady

Finished up three more cards yesterday. I really love being able to use up my scraps this way. I can also use embellies that I've tired of looking at.

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat
In response to DKravec

RandaSue,
You brought a tear to my eye reading that about your Dad. Still loving God even tho he is in pain. Faith does that to a person. He is blessed to have his faith as I feel blessed to have mine.
I do count my blessings and thank heavenly Father every day.....

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to randasue

I have a package of 35 cards completed for you. They will go in the mail on Monday. I usually only make adult cards so I had a blast doing this many for kids! It put a smile on my face to think of the smile tht will go on the child's face to get a note of caring and compassion each day. My heart breaks for innocent children who are abused and neglected. We must all be the village it takes to raise a child.The best things in life cannot be rationed..friendship.loyalty, and love. They should never require a coupon!

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to pinkpaperairedale

thank you all for your support and prayers for omy sweet daddy.he is slipping away a little more eah day. this past week, he is mostly sleeping, and when he talks we can't understand him at all. he hasn't sung too much lately, but i play te keyboard for him and hope that he can hear his favorite hymns. he is really a wonderful man and father, and i know that he is ready to go home, and to be with our mama.i thought i would share a few layouts that i have done about him, if anyone wants to see them. i am going to do that now.

i am looking forward to all yur cards, and know that they are going to be great, and more than that, they will bring joy and comfort to some very special kids. thanks again to all of you!
much love, randasue

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to randasue

Good morning girlies!

RandaSue, I look forward to seeing the layouts you made honoring your daddy! And I continue to pray.

I'm working on other committments right now...have only about 20 cards made so far, but will resume after the holidays or in between projects. this is such a cool project!!!!!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Linnny

I too look forward to seeing your layouts. Are they in your gallery now. I'll take a look see.

I've also taken a short break on my cards while finishing up other obligations but will start up again soon. I'm hoping to at least make fifty. I have 27 right now. I love using up my scrap paper for this project.

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat
In response to DKravec

no envelopes, right??

Page 4 of 11 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics