Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: VCW Week 231 Better Late Than Never!        (Topic#1562549)
leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Once upon a time, things got quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it has expanded to run all week long. We have our regulars, but new friends are always welcome, too.
And we miss some of our old friends too!!!!

FAIR WARNING: We may talk about anything and everything. We're women. We chat. You never know what might come up in conversation.

Sharing your recent scrappy work is encouraged, but there are no guidelines for what or how much you have to do.

So come on! Don't be bashful! Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights ... Just read responsibly.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Hey everyone!
Just popping in. Brain caught up and realized we didn't start new thread on Friday, so here we are.
Like I said before, seems silly to keep starting new threads since we aren't pages and pages long anymore, but it is still fun to keep track of the weeks.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Had a nice day at the lake yesterday and this morning. Had a very nice afternoon with family at my brother's house. Home now.

Thinking that I need to continue/finish my organizing in my cubby, and then actually work on some layouts. Maybe print some pics out to go with some page kits I have to take to lake with me on weekends or work on when Jamie's here type stuff.

And I need to work on refilling my power layout boxes so I can get some serious scrapping done!

Also have about 10 pages or so I want to work on for Zach's album, prom and graduation mostly, then I will declare it officially "done" for now.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to leebla

Thank you Elizabeth for starting the new thread. Even though we don't do as many pages, I like the new thread each week also.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to NMlady

hugs and prayers to you and your mom Joy

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to leebla

Yes, thank you Elizabeth for keeping us going!

Not too much going on here, counting down the days till my vacation starts. I wanted to put together a mini album to take with me but I don't know if I'm going to have time D:.

Didn't get anything crafty done this weekend. Dh and I watched The Godfather, drank a glass of merlot and ate home made chicken parm on Friday night. Saturday we went to the gym, went to a place called Cafe Meemee (I think that's what it's called) for lunch and then tried to watch Cowboys and Aliens. I say tried because I ended up with a migraine and had to leave about 45 minutes into the movie. I didn't make Jason leave, he really wanted to see that movie so I put the windows down in the truck and took a nap. I spent most of that night sleeping. Sunday we did our errands and then I did laundry. Now it's back to work again.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to DesiLee

ss desi hope you feeling much better today!i heard that movie awesome

eliza i hope you atlease do one lo THANK for starting a new tread

i want to scrap but i ate at 10am so now i am sleepy,hope i get some happy mail that might make
me scrap
CBL

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tealbrand

Just a quick hello. Have weekend company but will try to get back later today.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to Henri Jean

Hi ladies. Sorry I've been MIA. We've been having massive nap wars with DS. I don't get it, he's always gone down so nicely, and now he won't stay in his bed.

I'm 10 weeks pregnant now. I'm excited to have gotten this far. Still doesn't feel real though.

I haven't done anything scrappy in weeks. My husband's been thrown back on shift work. A lot of things suck right now.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to bcblondie

ha I spent the entire day today cleaning the most disgusting mess I have ever seen...my oldest son's bedroom. OMG, his idea of clean and mine are light years apart. But I just couldn't take the smell anymore. Not to mention the mountains of dust and piles of stuff.

Also had grandson half of the day, so this day was definately not my own.

And I'm going to finish it up in the morning. Run my grandmother to an appointment. Then the day is mine again.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to leebla

morning ladies
need to do something beside clean it 6.43 and dh and dd just left for work and dd and dgd is sleep
drinking my coffee in Peace i am going to try to scrap something today a card or page
BRB!!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to tealbrand

okay, I'm going back in to son's room.
I want/NEED it done this morning and a clearcut list of what I need him to accomplish this afternoon written out. It's going to be a finish it by X:XX o'clock or it's MINE list. Tired of fighting with him about it. I know he's Asperger's so toys are important to him, but he's also 23, so if they are that important than they are important enough to keep clean.

I have to run grandmother to the hearing aid center this afternoon. Then the rest of the day is mine. I think I will spend part of it deciding on how I want to paint my basement and refinish my cabinets. And I'm feeling a little inspired by a Tim Holtz blog yesterday!

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to leebla

Hey ladies.
Wow I managed to scrap yesterday for the first time in like 6 weeks! I made a christmas card. Lol.
Today MIL came over and we cleaned cleaned cleaned.
Not a whole lot else going on.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to bcblondie

I got 6 thank you cards made for Abby's baby shower.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to NMlady

wow, very good ladies

I am still torn on my plans for the day. Maybe I need to go sit in the guts of my room and think.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to leebla

I got in my scrap room last night just long enough to paint a box black to make a Halloween themed box. I guess it's better than nothing! lol.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to DesiLee

morning ladies
nothing plan today still waiting on happy mail got my sweet aaliyah for the
rest of the so it be hard to scrap
today i got a really sweet deal at this new place i found in the tread here for slice,anyway i got 2 slice cards one was $9.00 and the other one was $14.00 and these was the cards on my list that i wanted anyway this place has some really sweet deal right now they have the slice cutter kit for $29.99 with extra how sweet is that!will CBL!hope everyone has a awesome day

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
Thank you Elizabeth for starting the new thread. Even though we don't do as many pages, I like the new thread each week also.

Agreed. I've gotten involved with another group that has had the same very busy thread going forever and it's over 1300 pages long. That's a lot!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to tealbrand

• tealbrand Said:
morning ladies
nothing plan today still waiting on happy mail got my sweet aaliyah for the
rest of the so it be hard to scrap
today i got a really sweet deal at this new place i found in the tread here for slice,anyway i got 2 slice cards one was $9.00 and the other one was $14.00 and these was the cards on my list that i wanted anyway this place has some really sweet deal right now they have the slice cutter kit for $29.99 with extra how sweet is that!will CBL!hope everyone has a awesome day

:ears perk up: Slice deals? And where, pray tell, might this be?

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to tealbrand

Sooooo, let me put this in as small a nutshell as I can....

Work was NUTS for the first 6 months of the year. Did practically no scrapping. Spent all my time working. Got a serious case of burnout. Dropped out of sb.com life.

Summer was still busy - Kim was taking 12 credit hours of classes this summer, which meant we were all pulled into the group effort. But work slacked off at the beginning of July. But then that means I went from "too much to do" to "not enough to keep me going."

We did have a new LSS open in mid-July, which led me to doing a couple of crops, which got the mojo going again.

Then we got to the last week of July....

July 27 - Video conference deposition. These are a pain.

July 28 - Did a deposition that included a long drive there and back. Kim finished summer session and immediately went into a funk because she didn't have a half-dozen things needing to be done. My ladies ensemble had rehearsal to get ready to sing the following Sunday at church.

July 29 - Friends came in from Ohio.
July 30 - Another friend came in from Utah.

July 31 - Ensemble sang at church. Had all friends to the house for dinner after church.

Aug 1 - Ohio friends left after lunch. Went out to dinner, just the 4 of us with Utah friend.

Aug 2 - Kim, Ethan, Utah friend & I went to a place in town called WonderLab. Wore Ethan out - he didn't even make it to his final gymnastics class that day. That evening I had a big dinner for the 4 of us, Utah friend, Kim's Guy of Interest, his sidekick & GoI's little boy. It was pretty much Thanksgiving in August.

Aug 3 - day at the zoo.

Aug 4 - Utah Friend goes home.

Aug 5 - Ethan spent the night. He hadn't done that since Tuesday the week before.

Aug 6 - Jim & I went with some friends to spend the night in Indianapolis and see Cirque du Soleil. It was also GenCon weekend (one of the biggest geek gaming conventions in the country), so I enjoyed just watching the people.

Aug 7 - Home from Indy. Kim's birthday. A group went out for dinner, then came back to the house for ice cream cake. Ethan spent the night so Kim could go to a late movie with a friend. BTW, Kim found out she made all A's on her classes for the summer. (My girl kicks BOOTY!)

Aug 8 - Ethan here until mid-afternoon, after Kim had a dentist appt. Found out she has 8 cavities. Ugh.

Aug 9 - my first work-free, kid-free, guest-free day in over a week & a half. :happy sigh: Had auditions last night at chuch for our Easter musical.

Aug 10 - today - Ethan's back here while Kim is at the dentist getting her first three fillings. Then Kim plans to take my niece out shopping for a couple hours...while Ethan is still here.

And that's where I've been.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics