Username Post: Adhesive Help        (Topic#1562565)
Kasima
Kasima 
Veteran
Kasima

I decided to look through my scrapbook today and noticed that my LO's were falling apart and they are not that old...The embellishments that fell off are heavy i guess like big flowers, metal plates,bigger beads...but i was so upset i worked really hard on it...I used glue dots to adhere them is their something better?
I dont know how to add pics of my Lo's on here but if you go to my gallery it is the family one with my aunt and grandma,orange and brown in color..
Products Referenced in This Post:

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Kasima

Which brand of glue dots did you use and what size?

Kasima
Kasima 
Veteran
Kasima
In response to NMlady

I used Zots,all different sizes...

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Kasima

I haven't had a problem with the real Glue Dots brand. Not a thing has come apart. I live in a very low humidity region so that may make a difference.
Products Referenced in This Post:

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to NMlady

I like the real glue dots better too. I use zots b/c most of the time that is all I can get.

papermouse
Veteran
papermouse
In response to ncyankee

I use Glossy Accents to stick down nearly everything that's not paper-to-paper - no problems so far...

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to papermouse

I use Glossy Accents for the really heavy stuff.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Sherrenae

Also a fan of the glossy accents, I took a class with Tim Holtz last summer and it is what he recommended for liquid adhesive, not that he isn't partial or anything...but I still haven't had an issue with it

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to MrsAnnieS

I like multi-medium matte, because it dries clear. it will adhere just about anything forever!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Nancy Keslin

Real glue dots for heavy stuff. The kind on the little sheets.

The stuff on the rolls - well, I've learned to leave it in the stores.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to Henri Jean

I have never had Zot issues, but I also don't stick anything too heavy down with them. Ever since discovering Glossy Accents, I use that for heavy stuff.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Smashley

Glad I'm not the only glossy accents lover here. I use it for pretty much everything that's not paper to paper!

For paper to paper it's either zip dry or ATG

Ribbon to paper- zip dry

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Seaexplore

I like the real glue dots for heavy stuff. Alternatively, I'll use KI Gloo. That stuff holds pretty much anything and dries clear. Glossy Accents also works well, as others have said.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley

• seaexplore Said:
Glad I'm not the only glossy accents lover here. I use it for pretty much everything that's not paper to paper!

Ribbon to paper- zip dry

I just have to say your avi is AWESOME!! LOL
Also - you are due to have a baby today I see! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Smashley

• Smashley Said:
  • seaexplore Said:

Ribbon to paper- zip dry

Also - you are due to have a baby today I see! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Hi Ashley! Thanks for the love on my avie- that would be my cat Mac. He climbs onto my hair towel EVERY morning.

Yep, due today and NOTHING happening. I fear it's going to be a while longer.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley

• seaexplore Said:
  • Smashley Said:
  • seaexplore Said:

Ribbon to paper- zip dry

Hi Ashley! Thanks for the love on my avie- that would be my cat Mac. He climbs onto my hair towel EVERY morning.

Yep, due today and NOTHING happening. I fear it's going to be a while longer.

LOL - I love that climbing onto your head is a part of his daily routine. My cat sleeps on my head every night - what is it with cats and heads? LOL
Well I hope it's not too much longer and your little girl comes to meet you soon!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics