Username Post: Removing Ink and is there a way to get rid of rubons incorrectly placed?        (Topic#1562679)
km37 
Tenant
  • km37 on 08-10-11 07:08 PM

2 things,

Is there an 'easy' way to get rid of ink on my hands from stamping? I am from Australia so it needs to be something I can get readily from Australia.

ALSO, sometimes I have incorrectly placed a rubon on my page (with practice I am sure this will happen less) and I've had to cover it up with an embellishment or even a photo. Is there a way that you can remove the rubon if you get to it 'quickly' ???? Any success??

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to km37

Sometimes shampoo will help remove ink. No clue on the rubons, but good question!

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to Luvmyfam

sunscreen or hand sanitizer will remove sharpie, so I would think they would remove many inks from hands. I recently purchased this Craft Scrubbie, works like a charm.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to Nancy Keslin

Rubons can be moved with a gummy eraser. I've done it loads of times. I can't find one in the superstore, but they are a golden yellow colour, have a bobbly surface and feel like rubber.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to SuperAllyFan

Ink -- scrub scrub scrub. Of course it's a badge of honor to have ink stained hands.

rubons -- I use regular tape. Lightly place it on the rub on -- comes off like magic!

NewSnow0518
Diva
NewSnow0518
In response to ncyankee

What great ideas ladies!!

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to NewSnow0518

I also heard that the adhesive eraser works for getting off rub-ons, haven't tried it yet though.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 08-11-11 07:20 AM
In response to Scrapbook Queen

I use the adhesive rubber all the time to get rubons off especially on a photo.
Ink of hands - I sometimes use nail polish remover but it really dries out my skin.
Anyway as Eileen said it's a badge of honor to have ink stained hands.

MisasMom
Resident
MisasMom
In response to GMFTS

I have used rubbing alcohol to get ink off my hands. Not sure about the rub-ons though.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to SuperAllyFan

• SuperAllyFan Said:
Rubons can be moved with a gummy eraser. I've done it loads of times. I can't find one in the superstore, but they are a golden yellow colour, have a bobbly surface and feel like rubber.

Xyron makes one, ( Xyron adhesive eraser) couldn't find it in the super store either. I also have another brand but for the life of me, can't think of the name.
But they both work great!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to ChansGram

I've used an eraser to remove rubons. I have this one, which works well, and another one that's more rough (I think it's the one by Xyron).
Products Referenced in This Post:

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Bxr-Linda

The other one I have is this one:

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics