Username Post: Gypsy owners?        (Topic#1562687)
runmomof4
Guru
runmomof4

I'm thinking of getting one of these but if I do...does that mean I can get rid of the jukebox? and what did you do with all of your cartridges that you downloaded? save them or sell them? I have seen them on ebay stating they have been linked to a gypsy and people do buy them!

Thanks!

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to runmomof4

Keep you cartridges! If there is ever a problem with your gypsy the company can help you to reinstall cartridges that you own. I don't suggest buying previously linked cartridges as they can only be linked to 1 gypsy. Never had the jukebox so I can't speak to that.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

yes the gypsy works like a jukebox but better. you have all your carts in it. As Amanda said dont get rid of your carts incase something happens to your gypsy. When my friends broke they replaced it right away but it had to be loaded with her serial number and she had to reload all her carts.

NewSnow0518
Diva
NewSnow0518
In response to andrea m

You could definitely get rid of the Jukebox!! I haven't used mine since I gotmy gypsy!! BUT I would not get rid of cartridges.... What if something happens to your gypsy, then you would loose all your stuff!! I got a little organizer for these at Christmas... I'll see if I can figure out how to link it!
Products Referenced in This Post:

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to NewSnow0518

I gave all mine to my grandson who has my original cricut,,,,but do not sell them,,,,you may need them again,,,,,I can always borrow them back from my grandson if I ever need them again

runmomof4
Guru
runmomof4
In response to runmomof4

Thanks to all who replied!:)

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to runmomof4

My daughter has all of mine and she knows not to sell them. She has the design studio so she has to change carts in and out but she doesn't mind since mostely she does stuff for the girls walls.

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to Sneezy1956

Thanks for the info. guys. I've just started bidding on a Gypsy on Ebay, so this is good info. to know. Does anyone know what they sell for in the stores, so I don't go paying too much for one?

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to SandraB.

The day after Thanksgiving I've seen them for around $100. I've read where someone picked one up for $50, just depends on where you look and if you find that really great deal.

I've heard where two friends "get together" on buy cartridges. One friend has the gypsy and downloads all of the cartridges and the other friend just has the cricut and keep the cartridges. That way like CommaHolly said they can still get the cartridges back to download again if something goes wrong with the gypsy.

Cupcakes for Chloe
Pro
Cupcakes for Chloe
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

They are between $100-$150..Depending where you get it!...I never use mine and have thought about selling it..but I'm not sure since I paid a lil over $200 for it awhile ago and it has all my carts linked to it!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Cupcakes for Chloe

I'm one who got mine for $50. LOVE that thing!

As most everyone else has said, don't get rid of your carts. You can get rid of the jukebox tho, your "G" will become your best friend and it's SOOOOO mobile!

surescrapsalot
Veteran
surescrapsalot
In response to Seaexplore

I bought my gypsy for $67 as my local Michaels was clearing them out....one week later, my favourite scrappin' friend picked one up at the same store for $27 but I've never seen them that low since. They are usually between $100 - $200...They're $169 at our Walmart in Ontario.

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to surescrapsalot

I'm in Alberta, Canada so I'm guessing the $100-200.00 mark is more like the price I would pay here. One of my favorite online stores has them for $102 and free shipping to Can., with a $150.00 order. I think I might go that route instead if I get outbid on ebay. Thanks for the info., gals.

flagirlof4
Guru
flagirlof4
In response to SandraB.

I found the cheapest on Ebay Buy it Now for 103.90 Free ship they have 14 so I'm going to wait till next week since I just bought Groovy Times, Boys will be Boys and Forever Youing for $61.47. It's crazy that I was able to get these last night so cheap. I really will need to get a gypsy because I'm alomst to 100 cartridges! and I can't make more room for these.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to flagirlof4

they are $99 on the cricut site right now or $119 with a cartridge.

ollychelle
Expert
ollychelle
In response to Henri Jean

I can not imagine needing the jukebox again unless you crop with a lot of friends who do not have a gypsy??

My neighbor and I download our cartridges on our gypsys. Then I give her my cartridges and she gives me hers, so we never buy the same cartridges (and we still have them if needed). It works out nice because we spend less money on cartridges. Plus we live so close to each other if we need a gypsy for welding, hiding, etc.

flagirlof4
Guru
flagirlof4
In response to ollychelle

I purchased my gypsy off ebay last night 105.00 Free ship 2 loaded cart, sleeve and car charger

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to flagirlof4

I bought one last nite for 101.00 (Cdn.) with free shipping on a 149.00 purchase to Canada. Shipping is a big thing, plus some sites (ie. Cricut) won't ship the machines to Canada. Sometimes we end up paying more for shipping (and sometimes customs) than the selling price.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to SandraB.

keep the carts ... dump the Jukebox

and I think you should be able to get one for around $100

Renbear
Diva
Renbear
In response to madmatter

I have a Gypsy and 2 Jukeboxes.

I keep my top most used carts in my jukes (even thought they are loaded on the Gypsy) because sometimes I just want to cut something quickly without having to set up the mat on the Gypsy. I piggy back the upper parts and have them close to my work table.
The bottom parts I am using to store some photos for a project I'm working on.

I don't remember how much I paid for my Gypsy because I got it shortly after the roll out, and I had used some gift cards that I received for my birthday and Christmas to help with purchasing it, but I know it wasn't at full price when I did pick it up.

For the first several months of this year it seemed like I didn't put my Gypsy down - I used it every day on every project I did, so I didn't mind that I had paid a lot more for it that what they're going for now.

Luckily I have slowed down on my cartridge purchases, I think I have 50 now...and I still have a wish list of about 15 different ones I'm still looking to get my hands on!

When I go to crops I used to take everything with me for my Cricut, then when I got the Gypsy I thought, "Cool, now I don't have to carry all the carts, books, and key overlays...", but then the ladies I crop with always asked, "did you bring your carts? I want to cut just one thing out..." so I haven't been able to limit all of the Cricut items I take to the crops yet...hee hee...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics