Username Post: Titles WITHOUT die-cut system        (Topic#1562713)
New Kid On the Block

What suggestions do you have for page titles that do NOT involve a die-cut system?
I am making a 40-page book for a retirement party. Oddly enough, I'm not remotely interested in cutting out letters for each page.
...and the base paper for this mini album is Chocolate brown, so printing directly on the paper isn't at all an option.
I use a lot of rub-ons, but with 40 pages, I would have so much $$ invested in rub-ons that I may as well buy a Cricut.
Suggestions welcome. Thank you.
emily

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1
In response to emilyvandall

Stickers?

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to sweet1

I would suggest Thickers (or any alpha stickers you like) or the little alpha stacks you can get at M's (maybe you can get them here too?) that aren't self-adhesive, but they usually come with tons of letters. You can also mix in some cute Jolee's pre-made titles.

snoflake517
Veteran
snoflake517
In response to sweet1

I've been using a lot of letter stickers lately for my titles, and I even have a cricut. I think it is a lot easier sometimes. Maybe stamps and using embossing powder to make it pop?

New Kid On the Block
In response to Smashley

Alpha Stacks are a great idea! Thanks!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Smashley

Print the titles on matching colored paper, cardstock, pattern paper, etc. and cut to fit (you can even mat or ink the edges).
You can use any software like Word (or even an e-mail application). Then instead of printing on white paper you insert a piece of colored or pattern paper you have trimmed to 8 1/2 x 11. With a little practice you can even tape smaller scraps to an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper and print just on the scrap.
The great thing about this method is you can use any font you have in any size AND you get SPELL CHECK! If you have a color printer you can also print in color (depends on what color you are printing on though as the printer ink is not opaque).

surescrapsalot
Veteran
surescrapsalot
In response to emilyvandall

create the title on a computer based program, print it and adhere. It can be any colour you'd like and just mat the title to seperate it from the chocolate brown paper.

Ycats
Ycats 
Expert
Ycats
  • Ycats on 08-11-11 11:07 AM
In response to surescrapsalot

like the ideas say, stickers or print them out of the computer and just cut that to fit. something else I've done before is usening strange items to make titles. on one page I had used electrical tape to write out the title since it fit the theme of the page. on anouther blasting wire, and on anouther tooth picks! try to think if there is anythign that fits that page's theme and try it! even cotton balls glued in the shape of letters on a page would be cute!

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to Gelidy Gelato

• Gelidy Gelato Said:
Print the titles on matching colored paper, cardstock, pattern paper, etc. and cut to fit (you can even mat or ink the edges).
You can use any software like Word (or even an e-mail application). Then instead of printing on white paper you insert a piece of colored or pattern paper you have trimmed to 8 1/2 x 11. With a little practice you can even tape smaller scraps to an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper and print just on the scrap.
The great thing about this method is you can use any font you have in any size AND you get SPELL CHECK! If you have a color printer you can also print in color (depends on what color you are printing on though as the printer ink is not opaque).

I wish there was a "like" button here! This is a super idea and I've never even thought of doing it! LOL Because god forbid I use my printer for anythng but pictures!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to surescrapsalot

You can make your own rub ons with a printer and transparency. Print it backwards, put on your material and rub the opposite side...

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to HisGEM

I also suggest letter stickers. There are so many options and price ranges available. Also, My Minds Eye, and probably other companies, have little die cut title pieces for around 60 cents or so. They are nice and would be something a little different to try.

Edited by Babylou on 08-11-11 11:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to HisGEM

• HisGEM Said:
You can make your own rub ons with a printer and transparency. Print it backwards, put on your material and rub the opposite side...

Really? You can use any sort of transparency? I would love to try this.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-11-11 01:32 PM
In response to Smashley

I've made a title out of a map (of course you can use any patterned paper). Create the title in Word or whatever program you like, print it, adhere with temporary adhesive to the map, and cut it out with scissors and xacto.

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie
In response to HisGEM

I would love to try this. Can you explain how to do that?

To answer the original message, I would use Word and colored paper which gives you countless choices.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to Smashley

• Smashley Said:
I would suggest Thickers (or any alpha stickers you like) or the little alpha stacks you can get at M's (maybe you can get them here too?) that aren't self-adhesive, but they usually come with tons of letters. You can also mix in some cute Jolee's pre-made titles.

Alpha Stax are adhesive - you just peel the backs off.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics