Username Post: Using the Stand and Salute Cricut Cartridge for a memorial layout        (Topic#1562739)
Tenant

http://mdcraftcorner.blogspot.com/2011/08/cricut-machin ...

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie
In response to mdowner10

I love it. Great job.

I have a Cricut and need to use it more often. How did you get the American Pride link together with the lines?

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee
In response to momtokatie

It is a cut on the cartridge!

Tenant
In response to momtokatie

Yes the words were all put together like that already! All I had to do is press the corresponding button and then chose a size.
I am going to post an updated finished photo of that memorial project soon.
Thanks for visiting and visit again soon or Like me on Facebook to keep in touch!

Maria
www.mdcraftcorner.blogspot.com
Products Referenced in This Post:

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mdowner10

Coincidence - I ordered that cartridge from the Cricut site about an hour ago!

Tenant
In response to Henri Jean

I think that you will love it Henri! Definitely!

Maria
www.mdcraftcorner.blogspot.com

Cricutgirlg
Expert
Cricutgirlg
In response to mdowner10

Its a great cart and I have used it so many times since I bought it when it first came out. I plan to use it in the next couple of days for Mother-in-law's high school ROTC picture, she was Queen of the ROTC back in the 19561. Who knew they had such a thing? Great job on your LO.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Cricutgirlg

My husband is an old Special Forces/Green Beret and was for 20 years so we spend a lot of time on military bases all over the world when we travel. He retired a long time ago, but it is still a big part of our lives when we are traveling, even over seas. So much on that cart that will be good for time on bases and we are around so many military people!

My dad was an Iwo Jima Marine, there on the worst day of WWII and there when they raised the flag. I'm doing a commemorative book for him.

Tenant

My dad was a Special Forces Green Beret too!

Maria
MD Craft Corner

I am going to post a picture of my Veteran's Day Layout with him on my blog in a bit. I will try to add a picture here too.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mdowner10

That is so interesting Maria. My husband also retired after 20 years as a Master Sergeant!

We vacation a lot and stay on military bases. So funny to see all these men in uniform calling him Master Sergeant and saying, "Yes sir, Master Sergeant!"

Bill loved being a Green Beret - absolutely loved it. On his resume when he worked for a while afterwards (worked for Blackwater and other contract companies) his resume always said, "I've already had the best job in the world - with the United States Army."

My husband was in Special Forces training during Vietnam so he was in the same time basically as your grandpa. He went in - 1970 and retired in 1990. Is that about the same time? If so, their paths have probably crossed.

Great layout!!!!

Tenant

Yes, that's probably close to the same time. My DAD's was called Homer Helm but his name is James J. Helm. He was stationed at Fort Bragg, NC.

Thanks!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mdowner10

Mine also spent a lot of time at Bragg and was in Panama and Germany - those were 3 of the main posts for him. And Key West - lots of training in Key West.

I'm going to pm you with my husband's information so you can run it by your dad and will give Bill your dad's name.

How cool would it be if they knew each other!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

This is so cool. Yes, my husband definitely knows your father.

He knew him by name and by the photo you posted! He knew from Panama. Bill was there from 1978-1980 and knew Gary Smith then!

Funny - when I asked him if he knew Homer Helm, he said, "Sure, from Panama." Then I showed him your note to me.

How aresome!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Maria - my husband just talked to another guy from Panama from 1978-1980(also Special Forces), Reed Johnson and he remembers you father very well. He also remembers your godfather, Gary Smith.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Maria - Bill talked to some more men this morning who were in Panama with him and told them that I had hooked up with the daughter of someone who was there with them. Yes, they remember your father well!

Bill asked if you would private message your father's email address (or phone) and Gary's email (or phone). Bill and Gary were in charge of some big project together in Panama - I don't remember what the mission was but Bill mentioned it.

There is some talk of a Panama Special Forces reuinion cruise for the guys and thier families. Don't know if that is still being discussed or not.

I am going to send a picture of my husband in a few mintues from when he was in Panama. Your father may know exactly who Bill is when he sees the picture.

Bill and the Snake By Henri Jean

Tenant

I will talk to my dad tomorrow and send him the picture. I will send you a pm tomorrow after I talk and he see the picture!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mdowner10

Great - Guy Wagy also remembers your dad. So tell him that Reed Johnson, Bill, and some that my husband talked to this morning remember him.

Tenant

Okay I will! I lost your pm message but I will try to figure that out tomorrow.

Talk to you soon! Good night...oh we live in SW Nebraska!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics