Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Embellishment storage        (Topic#1562869)
binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

I need HELP!!! I have organized and organized....but my embellishments are the last things left and I don't know how to organize them. I need to be able to find what I have. I have stickers, flowers, and "cards-bingo type things". button, brads, eyelets....how do I organize them? Any pictures to share???!!! Space is limited so I am looking more for crops and storage- I don't have a scrap room but store by stuff on shelves in my sons' playroom.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to binkiemonstermom

I have 2 of these and I really like them. I have buttons and metals in one, flowers and misc stuff in the other. The backside is flat, and would be large enough to hold bingo cards. I use that side for my extra large flowers and other assorted items.
Products Referenced in This Post:

timon
timon 
Veteran
timon
  • timon on 08-14-11 07:17 PM
In response to Luvmyfam

i have brads and eyelets and buttons in empty spice jars. i use empty pasta sauce jars for ribbons, felt shapes, bigger buttons. for some stickers and rub-ons i use accordion folders or coupon or receipt folders from walmart. they usually cost about $2-$4. also from walmart for my rhinestones and pearls i use those plastic boxes that are about 50cents to $1.

flagirlof4
Guru
flagirlof4
In response to binkiemonstermom

I bought a fish tackle box from Walmart with 5 removeable drawers that I can take with me if I needed to.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to flagirlof4

For all of my brads, metal embelies, and buttons, I use the big clear tackle-type storage things too from a fishing store or WM. I have 2 homemade clip-it-up systems in my room to hang thickers, stickers, diecuts in baggies according to type....ribbons are on a mini dress form, Primas (flowers and bling) are in a handled tote, and flowers Ive made are in a clear round used-to-be pretzel holder. Punches are stored in a clear shoe bag hanging from my shelf so I can see them better, and I have my essentials, inks, tools and cutter on the table in a wooden tray. I only have a corner of my bedroom so space is a premium for me too. Pics in my gallery if youre interested.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to ScrappyMama6

I have several clear shoe boxes with various sorted embellies. Flowers I've actually saved the cans some of them came in and then reused them to sort by color. I have a shelved cleaning closet I've dedicated for scrap stuff that I can fit everything in quite nicely.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to RockStar

Love the clear jars idea!

Hey Jude
Veteran
Hey Jude
In response to RockStar

I have clear plastic jars hanging on pegboard (they're made specifically for this) holding brads, beads, buttons and metal embellies.
I use a homemade clip-it up for everything except letters and chipboard. The chipboard letters and stickers I have in a lined basket.
I really need to get some pictures up in my gallery since these storage ideas are recent.

Ycats
Ycats 
Expert
Ycats
  • Ycats on 08-15-11 05:00 AM
In response to Hey Jude

this is mine

I have more but this is what is out at all times for easy reach. the little pots are just little pill pots that are prefect if you just have a few of something! the lids are just tight so you have to be careful when you open them.

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to Ycats

great ideas!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to SmartyPants

I use these and LOVE them. They are very portable and I'm able to organize my embellies by color/theme, only have to open the section I want and can stack several together. I have all three sizes.

I used to use the little clear tackle boxes with plastic dividers but found it difficult to dig through and find a color I wanted without things getting mixed up. Plus there was that time that the lid wasn't closed all the way and there was a spill.

Beadalon - Jewelry - Stackable Containers - 6 Stack - Small

Beadalon - Jewelry - Stackable Containers - 5 Stack - Medium

Beadalon - Jewelry - Stackable Containers - 5 Stack - Medium

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 08-15-11 06:20 AM
In response to pugs223

recycling is the way to go. I have used the large containers that salad greens come in to store punches, adhesives etc
I find lots of goodies at yard sales.
Another place I have found storage containers for free is at the liquor store. Especially around the holidays many of the bottles come in special packaging that the customers don't want so one of the stores near me puts the tins and boxes etc out for the taking. My best find was a case I store my CatsEye inks in.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to GMFTS

one gallon zip lock bags,,,,,,,cheap,,,,,,eas y to change out if necessary,,,,,and book binding clips clip neatly on and they can be hung from anything.

ScoobyDoo1981
New Kid On the Block
ScoobyDoo1981
In response to CommaHolly

This weekend I purchased just a simple Over the Door shoe organizer. Bought it at Kmart for $8.99 and it has 24 pockets. It also came with 3 hooks. They are deep pockets and my stickers fit nicely in them so far.

My plan is to organize my stickers, die-cuts, flowers and everything I else I may have floating around. Each one will get it's own pocket and I will label them, so I know exactly what is in each pocket.

Hope this helps!

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to ScoobyDoo1981

I store my stickers and some embellies in a 3-ring binder in page protectors that have a sheet of copy paper slipped into them. That way I can use both "sides" of the copy paper to store stuff in. I also use spice jars for flowers, divided plastic embellie boxes, and the kind of tackle box/tool box that has the little drawers to store nails and screws and whatnot, but I use it with tictac containers to hold eyelets and brads. May not work for your storage area, but I've also got a couple of 9x12 three-drawer units that also hold cards of flowers and bling. Storing ribbon is another thing again -- a nightmare in my scraproom! -- and I have no clue.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to meezerpleaser

This entirely depends on your space and how/where you scrap.

The jars and other containers are great, IF you have a desk or shelf. But, they typically don't travel well.

I LOVE these containers for small brads and eyelets. They fit in my tote, hold a LOT, and travel well (without spilling):

Another portable solution is zipper top, plastic bags. I have some in different sizes that were sold as makeup bags. They hold my rubons and tuck inside a pocket of my tote.
I've also used the clear, zipper bags that linens and things like pillow cases come in.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Bxr-Linda

This is the storage for my eyelets and brads. Love it - can't imagine using anything else!

Brad Eyelet Storage By Henri Jean

The plastic boxes contain round containers with screw on-lids so nothing can ever spill out. If going to a crop you can just put a few round ones in your purse if you don't want to take them all.

The plastic boxes either have 30 small containers or 18 medium containers (there is also a box with larger round containers).

This will hold 8 of these boxes you have a possibility of 144 medium containers or 240 medum containers. For almsot everything I have the small work fine but I have a combination of both.

I also lay the Cropodile on top of the containers and set the entire carrying case (from Michaels or Joannes or HL) in my craft wagon.

This works absolutely awesome. The flat boxes with the round containers came from Joanns but you can buy them in any hobby store in the bead department.

My Little Red Craft Wagon By Henri Jean

This is my new craft wagon. Right front is letter stickers (Pink handle). The one behind it is Eyelts, brads, and my crop-o-dile (also has pink handle). One behind that is a stand up file with lid (from Office Depot) which has 12 x 12 folders for current projects and paper for crops etc.

The big one to the left has my Slice on the bottom, my distress inks in their container, the caddy I set on the desk at crops for my scissors, eraser, and other odds and ends, and my ATG.

I wheel this into crops and I have everything I need. At home I keep it like this and just lift out the container with the eyelets and brads or my ATG or whatever I need.

In the photo are two old magnetic albums I'm re-working into scrapbooks but usually I keep my spare clear ruler and extra fiskars trimmer so I'm always ready for a crop.

Pull the wagon to the car, put the plastic pieces in the back, fold up the wagon and I'm on my way. When I get there just pop out the wagon and set the 4 pieces in it.

But it is wonderful storage in my scrap room. Has really organized everything for crops or at home.

Rolling Cart for Punches & Flowers By Henri Jean

The top drawer of this is perfect for all the flowers and the bottom drawer is filled with punches. It slides under my craft table and is on wheels so I can pull it out or put it away with an easy roll.

If I need my punches or flowers at a crop I just pull the drawers out and set them on top of my craft wagon and pull them to the car.

I don't take this thing to crops anymore since I got my craft wagon but it is still perfect for flowers and other embellies. However, I do take the drawers out and take them if I'm doing flowers or punches.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Henri Jean

Henri - interesting with how you put the jewelry organizers individually in the boxes. Great idea. I just have mine all connected or connected in a stack of 10 for the small ones and just throw them in my rolling tool box. I love seeing different ways to use the same tools/organizers/etc

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pugs223

The jewelry organizers come like that in the bead section of the hobby stores. They are a set - the plastic case and the little canisters which are clear.

The idea isn't original - at my local scrapbook store it is what everyone uses for brads and eyelets.

However, carrying them in the 12 x 12 cases with handles is my idea.

obadiah
Queen
obadiah
In response to Henri Jean

If your space is limited-try using plastic bags for you flowers-take a large bag let's say "ink" then add to it your pink flowers in SMALLER bags by shape and/or size. You can put these in pendaflex folders in a file box marked Flowers. Then do the same with sticker-Halloween-caterog ies: bats, spooks, witches, etc. Works wonders!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics