Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: What to do w/extra Pictures?        (Topic#1562919)
jmp09 
Tenant
  • jmp09 on 08-15-11 08:44 PM

What do you all do w/extra pictures? Let's say, you print 10 pics for some pgs, and you only use 6, what do you do w/the remaining 4? FAmily does not want them, you've exhausted the places you can put them in your house.

Thanks for your ideas!

gracie_1990
Tenant
gracie_1990
In response to jmp09

I put my extra pictures between the pages of the layouts, that way I can easily find them if I need them. I try to spread the pictures out on a sheet of paper so that my page protectors don't look lumpy.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to gracie_1990

I love making letters out of them to go with the layout!

Example:

Seattle By Henri Jean

These letters were cut with my Slice but could be done by hand or with another cutter.

MisasMom
Resident
MisasMom
In response to Henri Jean

The ones from my film days, I just store mine in the photo box with negatives. I now print all my own photos at home so I generally don't print any more than I need.

Henri Jean - what a great idea, I love how those letters look! Maybe I should dig out some of those old photos and cut letters from them. Thanks for sharing!!

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 08-16-11 07:44 AM
In response to MisasMom

Henri Jean - that is a GREAT idea!!!

You can also use the photo sleeves and put those in your album

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-16-11 07:50 AM
In response to Tivi

Fab idea, Henri!

I just toss the extras. If I put them in a box or a regular photo album, no one will look at them, not even me, so there's no point. I've already scrapped the best ones and I can always print them again if I want.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to stick

I do what everyone has already said.

Keep them in boxes
Give them to my kids for their albums
use photo sleeves and place next to layouts in my scrapbooks

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Bxr-Linda

I've also made letters out of extra photos - in my Hawaii album, I made the title for my page on the Diamond Head Lighthouse using scraps from photos from the whale watching cruise. But most of my extra photos either end up in a box sorted by event (mostly for large batches of photos, especially pre-digital or events spanning several days with hundreds of photos), or, more recently, thrown out or given to my mom (in the case of pictures from shared events, or extra pictures of the rabbit, her grandbunny).

snoflake517
Veteran
snoflake517
In response to aquabunny

I usually put the pictures in a seperate regular photo album. That way if anyone wants them, they can take them. I also have several photo boxes of pictures that I've never scrapped. Maybe I should do something about that...

scrappinmylife
Expert
scrappinmylife

That is so neat!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to scrappinmylife

love the letter idea ... especially for scenery pictures

if it's a gift album, I give the extras with the made album
otherwise, I file them back into photo boxes

Bev1
Bev1 
Guru
Bev1
  • Bev1 on 08-16-11 12:02 PM

Henry Jean,as already said, "what a cool idea"!Why didn't I think of that 15 years ago?

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Bev1

I've done the photos cut in to letters too. I actually have a template with fat letters that works perfectly for that.

Years ago, I used a photo as the back of a shaker box for a layout.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Bxr-Linda

I love the letter idea!!! Does it work for landscapes only or can it work for faces/group shots? Has anyone used them for those type pictures?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to binkiemonstermom

I've never used photos with people in them but i don't see why you couldn't. I'm sure someone here can give you advice on that. If you used people, I would use large enough letters to maybe recognize faces.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

I've done (well, it's mostly done ) a page with a pinwheel design with photos of people. The photos are cut in triangles, and arranged as a pinwheel on the page.

It was VERY challenging to get the photos just the right size and orientation to allow cutting in to a triangle, and still show the people in the photo.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Bxr-Linda

Would love to see that layout Linda. Sounds awesome, but a lot of work to get the sizing right!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

I'm not finished with it.
I suppose I shouldn't talk about without posting it?

Here's where I got the idea:
http://www.scrapbook.com/videos/1275.html

I figured out the dimensions, then cut the triangle out of cardboard to use as a template. I could hold it over my photo to see what I'd end up with when I cut it.
It WAS challenging. I got all the photos cut, but the page is not assembled yet.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Bxr-Linda

Thanks for sharing that! I love it! I wish she had given the sizes for the triangles! I can't wait to see yours! Great idea!

But very difficult to manipulate the photos for it. Quite a challenge!

I could also see this for a road trip with lots of scenery photos!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

• Henri Jean Said:
Thanks for sharing that! I love it! I wish she had given the sizes for the triangles! I can't wait to see yours! Great idea!

But very difficult to manipulate the photos for it. Quite a challenge!

I could also see this for a road trip with lots of scenery photos!

Me too!
It took me a while, but I figured it out. Cut a 4" square. Cut on the diagonal, and use those as your triangles.

Scenery photos would be WAY easier. I used photos of people, so it WAS a challenge to get the right size and orientation, without cutting someone in half.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics