Username Post: elephant paper?        (Topic#1563025)
Matthews Mommy
Veteran
Matthews Mommy

I am finally getting around to scrapping my sons halloween pictures from last year. He went as an elephant, and I am having a very hard time finding paper to go with it. Any suggestions?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Matthews Mommy

There are loads of zoo papers with elephants and safari papers with elephants. I've even seen papers that look like elephant hide. Someone has a paper now that has a row of elephants (or other jungle animals) across the bottom.

You could find elephant pictures on line and print them out on velum and do some fun things to make embellies out of them.

I don't have a cricut cartridge with an elephant on it but someone might and then send it to you - that would be awesome!

This will be a fun one for you to do - I bet he was adorable.

Did you check scrapbook.com for paper with elephants? I would think they probably have some. In fact, if you type in elephant in the search field for the store you will probably find a lot of things with elephants - papers, stickers, other things.

Enjoy this one - I love doing layouts like this one!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Henri Jean

When I can't find themed paper, then I go for colored cardstock that is complimentary. Either gray, for the elephant, or a color that would go well with the photo, or both.

gracie_1990
Tenant
gracie_1990
In response to Luvmyfam

The K&Company Lion Sleeps paper pad has a few pages of elephant paper.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Heather Holbrook
Resident
Heather Holbrook

Do you have a Cricut? There are tons of carts that feature elephants. You could use whatever paper you like and then make your own elephant embellishments that you can customize to fit your page. I love my cricut!! (can you tell? lol)

Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 08-17-11 07:45 PM
In response to Heather Holbrook

The Sassafras Lass line "Bungle Jungle" I believe has some elephants on some papers too. And it wouldn't be too "theme-y". Hope that helps

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Lal

The first thing that comes to my mind is Basic Grey's Marrakech line, it had some elephant paper and their decorative brads had an elephant on it.

gluemore girl
Veteran
gluemore girl
In response to Rosita

I was thinking of distressing grey paper to make it look like elephant skin... crumple, ink, and go to town til it looks right! Sounds like a fun page to do! Enjoy!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to gluemore girl

It's either GCD or Pink Paislee that has a circus line with some elephants.

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to MommaSaid

I have an awesome piece of paper from, I think Reminisce company. It's gray with elephant skin texture. I'll check the superstore here for it, but I got mine at a scrapbooking convention.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

I like an elephant paper at Joann's - mostly a gray elephant skin texture (not real texture, just a printed texture), with a row of elephants walking along the bottom of the page in silhouette.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to aquabunny

That is the one I have too Andrea - I couldn't remember where I got it!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Henri Jean

I know Hambly makes some that is black/silver. There are lots of options out there depending on what style you want.

Cindy

Jessica_
Guru
Jessica_
In response to cindy312

The Bo Bunny ZOOLOGY collection might be perfect!

lpeeps
lpeeps 
Mayor
lpeeps
In response to Jessica_

Bo Bunny's zoology was the first that came to my mind too. I love it and there are some cute embellies to go with it.

mj scrappin'
Veteran
mj scrappin'

Oh this thread is full of good ideas!!! There is another thread here about paper piecing where people use coloring books or coloring book pages found online to create designs and die cuts. I'll bet you could find an elephant in an online coloring book to trace.
Have fun with this! Such a cute idea for a costume!

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

• hotroding scrapbooker Said:
I have an awesome piece of paper from, I think Reminisce company. It's gray with elephant skin texture. I'll check the superstore here for it, but I got mine at a scrapbooking convention.

Sorry, it's not in the superstore. But I do like the Bo Bunny papers that Jessica suggested.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

I have a 4 or 5 paper piecing patterns of an elephant if you would like me to send them to you through pm or email. It is to do by hand not machine. 2 are from paper piecing pattern books so the pieces are all seperated to be easy. One is a purchase pattern for paper piecing. The others are cute not from books but they are so cute. You can resize them if you wish.

Edited by anda11 on 08-24-11 12:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Matthews Mommy
Veteran
Matthews Mommy
In response to anda11

I ended up buying the Animal Crackers stack from DCWV(50% at J)and it worked out perfectly. After trying to scrap these pics for a month I sat done and go the layout done in less than an hour!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics