Username Post: Glue advice? Have the Scotch Advance Tape Glider, but need regular glue r/o        (Topic#1563053)
New Kid On the Block

Hi,

I have the Scotch Advance Tape Glider bought because of the recs here. It is very good and I love it. BUT, for some things such as lacy paper with cutouts, etc it's hard to use-because runing a straight line leaves visable glue in the cut out areas.

What would you reccomend for things like lacy cut outs/embelishments that are hard to use the ATG with? Or is there a trick to using the ATG on areas with openwork?

What paste or glue would work for those items? It would need to be non yellowing and not wrinkle paper. It would be for paper and cardstock.

Thanks!

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to miagracie

The Xyron machines are good for that kind of thing. They apply adhesive to the entire back of your piece. There are different sizes available to fit your needs.
Or, I also like a Zig glue pen, but if you are working with a large piece of lace paper, that would be pretty time consuming.

Edited by Babylou on 08-18-11 10:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

iuplori
Guru
iuplori
In response to Babylou

Depending on the size of what you are working with, you could even use just a good old glue stick!

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to Babylou

Agree - I'm into the ZIG pen for almost everything my ATG can't do.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to meezerpleaser

As said, Xyron, Zig, or spray adhesive (which can be messy).

Do NOT use glue stick for anything in your scrapbook!!!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-18-11 10:45 AM
In response to Bxr-Linda

Xyron, Zig pen, or 3M Photo Mount spray adhesive.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to stick

I love the Zig 2-way pen, but NOT the squeeze-and-roll - I prefer the one with a felt tip. Much less sticky and messy. Unfortunately that version is not here on SB.com - I have trouble finding it at brick-and-mortar stores as well, but my mom sees it all the time at Joann and it is also on their website.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to aquabunny

Hate the squeeze and roll Zip - I make a tremendous mess with it. However, I love the 2-way. I use the 2-way a lot.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to Henri Jean

I love Scotch quick dry wcrapbook glue.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Mother Goose

Kokuyo Dotliner Long is awesome for stuff like that and it is small and easy to use but still contains 118ft of adhesive...

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to mrubino9824

Zip Dry! It's good for larger pieces that would take forever with a glue pen. It doesn't wrinkle at all and is super quick drying.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics