Username Post: In Need of Cricut Adhesive Help        (Topic#1563167)
jennifer.russell09
Resident
jennifer.russell09

Hey Everyone!
I am new to using the cricut. I just got one for my birthday/wedding anniversary and I'm wanting some advice on what everyone uses to attach their cutouts to their projects. I've been using this dual tip glue pen but I feel that it is still too goopy looking and the paper starts to wrinkle from the glue on the other side of the card. What kinds of adhesives have you found work the best for such intricate detailing?

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to jennifer.russell09

i use more cardstock than PP but if it's thin PP and you have a wider piece look into roll on adhesive (tape) or glue dots

Edited by Just G on 08-20-11 10:10 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Just G

I love using my xyron X or on bigger pieces my bigger xyrons.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to NMlady

Xyron for smaller items --

glue dots for larger items -- sometimes I even fold a glue dot over.
Products Referenced in This Post:

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to ncyankee

I use Zig ball tip and/or Scotch glue.
I also like Scrappy glue- but it's hard to find.
ZIG - 2 way glue pen - Squeeze and Roll - 7 grams

Edited by ChansGram on 08-21-11 07:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to ChansGram

i'm the 'bad' girl and use glue stic. never had a problem though....

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Lamoo12

I use my ATG on anything I can and if I can't or it's a letter I'll run it thru my xyron "x". I've also used zip dry and glue dots. It all depends on the project. Most of the time, my go to is the ATG or X.

jennifer.russell09
Resident
jennifer.russell09
In response to Seaexplore

Thanks everyone for all the ideas!! I have tested some of the ideas such as using my glue tape runner, tried out the glue dots, and I also purchased a xyron create-a-sticker 5". Love it!! I still really want to purchase and try out the zig ball-tip glue as well. I now have options that work! Thank you all so much!

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam

I have every size of Zig pen so I can tackle any size of cricut cutout.

I also have something called Glue Gloss that looks like a tube of Lip Gloss but it's glue and I LOVE IT.
For everything else, I use the ATG.

timon
timon 
Veteran
timon
  • timon on 08-27-11 09:23 PM
In response to PhotobearSam

xyron!

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1
In response to timon

For putting my layers of cricut cuts together usually I use zig two-way, but to put on the finished die cut to the project I use Stampin' Up! dimensionals mostly. Sometimes I use ATG or zig.

scrapsweet
Veteran
scrapsweet
In response to sweet1

Definitely the Xyron X for the little stuff and letters, works great, actually bought mine BECAUSE of my Cricut. Otherwise if its bigger you can just use whatever normal adhesive you would normally use.

veejer
veejer 
Resident
veejer
In response to scrapsweet

I want to get a Xyron, but for now I use the Scotch paper adhesive. It's great because you can use a teeny tiny dot and it sticks like super glue. I like Zip dry but the smell gets to me sometimes.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to veejer

There is a glue product I recently discovered called, "The Best Glue Ever". It's only sold online as far as I can tell from Scraperfect. I love a couple things abot it - first, it has a very fine tip - youcan use it on the smallest/skinniest letters. And second, it doesn't clog. I've even forgotten to recap it overnight, and it hasn't clogged. I would definitely recommend this for people who still prefer glue over their Xyron.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to dwelch

I second the xyron "X" especially for letters and small intricate cuts from the cricut.

I have the "best glue ever" it does have a great tip and dries clear. (I have used it on transparencies) Its great for many things, however I still tend to reach from my "X" for smaller things.

I would recommend both adhesives.

kajunkat
Idol
kajunkat
In response to jaxxan

i have 3 different size xyrons...i love them for pieces that are hard to put regular adhensive on.

cdsqueen
Expert
cdsqueen

These are the 2 that I love to use. Especially the Martha Stewart adhesive because of the fine tip.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics