Page 1 of 37 
Username Post: Join us for 2012 BOM Challenge        (Topic#1563227)
Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

The book of me challenge was inspired by an amazing group of ladies who have made me laugh….cry and realize how precious every moment truly is, how different we all are and how precious each of us is…..but most of all how at the end of the day we all just want to be loved and accepted for who we are.

We all get so caught up in life and I believe sometimes lose sight of ourselves. We are daughters, sisters, wives, mothers, significant others, professionals, friends…..we cook, clean, fix scrapped knees and broken hearts, we are taxis, coaches, teachers, vets, mechanics, accountants, counselors, the list is endless and the hats we wear are to many to count. We are everything to everyone and even when we feel like we are drowning in it we persevere because we are strong…sometimes much stronger than we even give ourselves credit for!!. When we have a moment to sit quietly at our desks it is usually to make a card for a friend or scrap a LO of our families & friends. I am challenging each of us to spend some time thinking about ourselves….the things that make us happy, sad, afraid…..the things we can’t wait to brag about and the things we wish would just go away…..remember YOU are wonderful just the way YOU are!!!

There are no real requirements to being a part of this challenge just that you enter this forum with a kind, open, honest, loving heart. That you don’t EVER judge and if you don’t have something nice or encouraging to say….say nothing at all!! This will be an on going challenge because there will always be more to add!!! I would ask that when you begin you set a personal goal of how many LO’s you would like to have finished by the end of the year. (We will start over with new goals in 2012) This is just a goal to help you stay motivated if you don’t meet your goal it’s not a big deal….if you exceed it WOOO HOOO good for you!!! I will post LO ideas/challenges every other week. Participate if you want or not…..You can choose to work on the posted challenges or work on your own ideas….remember this is YOUR book….its all about YOU!!!! Share what you are comfortable sharing….learn…grow and have FUN!!! Please check in once a week so we know you are still an active member.

I am TOTALLY open to ideas for the ideas/challenges and encourage you to share what you have already created or would like to work on.

Edited by Cassondra71 on 01-03-12 01:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to Cassondra71

BOM Participants/goals for 2012:

Cassondra71 - 12
Lookingfornew ideas - 12
DaNel Hicks - 24
Naneetootiebeeblebug - 12
Amancuso - 15
Newtoscrapping2011 - 12
Girlscout333 - 12
Kamananui - 6
Faithscrapper - 12
Rubymillerand - 12
Charcats7 -
Jenbustillo - 12
Pirate Princess - 6
Jenkoss - 24
GMFTS - 12
bbscraps - 12
Gentlewoodfarms - 12
AshleyLadd - 12

Challenges/Ideas:

1.)Journal about the meaning of your name. Research it at www.namestusa.com. Journal about how you feel about your name, why your parents chose it, and/or if you think the meaning is true for you.

2.)Create a LO - using your "theme" song

3.) Create a LO that expresses one of your lifes greatest gifts

4.) This will be a 2 page challenge ... One will be a snap shot of your 2011.....the other a LO using New Years Resolutions, desires, dreams, hopes or goals for the New year.

5.) Create a LO that show cases the things you LOVE about YOURSELF and your life. Remember to stay focused on the YOU part of it!!!!

Participants who met thier 2011 goal!!
DaNel

Edited by Cassondra71 on 02-09-12 07:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7

My goal is 7 - I have some papers gathered specifically for this project & they have sat waiting... Now I have some motivation & encouragement to do something with them for ME!!!

Thanks Cassondra

PS- I will post the template as soon as I can find it again- still cleaning up this room

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Hi! I'm glad you added that last part about sharing what we already created. A couple of years ago, two of my friends and I did this kind of thing. Each month, each of us would take turns coming up with next month's assignment. We then had to make three fairly exact pages, for each of our books. We all had the same scrapbook. We called ourselves the LadyBugs and if you haven't guessed, our scrapbooks had a Ladybug on the cover.

Since my scrappy mojo hasn't been the greatest as I've been too busy with swaps, etc, I would like to share some of my pages over the next couple of weeks/month, if that's ok?

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to Lookin4newideas

Char I found a few links with some pretty cool ideas.....going to keep it simple at first just to get everyone going!! Thanks for joining....I am glad you will be using that paper!!!

Sally please share whatever you are comfortable sharing....can't wait to see!!!! Do you want to set a goal from now until the end of the year?

Edited by Cassondra71 on 08-22-11 06:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Feel free to send ideas for challenges here is the first one.....keeping it simple....can't wait to see what you come up with!!!
Challenges/Ideas will be posted in the forum but also on the 2nd post there will be an ongoing list. I will post them every other Monday...have fun!!

1.Journal about the meaning of your name. Research it at www.namestusa.com. Journal about how you feel about your name, why your parents chose it, and/or if you think the meaning is true for you.

snowflake150
Expert
snowflake150

I would like to join this because I actually been very depressed lately and I think this will help me trimendously. thanks for doing this. Snowflake

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to snowflake150

Cassondra I am in... I am going to start with 10 pages for the year... so busy and I am struggling with doing pages for me. So excited to start... I can't wait to find out about my name and get a page going for it

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to leokc34

I have no number goal for LOs I want to complete b/c I am on my 4th "Book of Me" Album, so I just do BOM Los when I have a topic/event/feeling that I want to scrap about. BOM LOs are my FAVORITE to do b/c it is like a type of therapy for me..I am going to look through my BOM's and share a few pages I really like. But I will share the link to my BOM album if anyone feels like perusing through tons of BOM LOs they are welcome to!

My goal is going to be to continue to work on my "my life: documented" journal/scrapbook. I really want to keep up with documenting my everyday life with words, pictures, memorabilia, embellies, & whatever else I want to use. I just will need encouragement to keep at it when it is no longer novel (new). I have a MILLION and ONE unfinished projects b/c in my ADD driven state, I start a great project--then I get bored & leave it for something more stimulating....Vicious cycle!!

OK, I am ADD now b/c my meds are wearing off so I should probably stop rambling & I need to head to bed soon anyway. Good Night!!! Sweet Dreams!!!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Here is the link to ALL my BOM pages I have posted on sb.com: http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to Megan Ann

I believe this would be great therapy for me. I will start with 5+ beginning for /September. It was a festival season and I was born nine months later as a 9th month baby. My name does have an interesting story as to how I became Suzette, well to me anyway.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 08-23-11 02:58 AM
In response to Sassy Suzi

Thank you for the invite...
I have an ongoing BOM that I don't get the chance to work on very often.
My goal will be small...I will try to get 4 LO's done by the end of the year...
I love the Name origin idea...
I have one (2 pager) in my gallery about the year I was born and what was going on in the world...it was alot of fun to research all of it.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to rtay

i would like to join
but i just came back and i am taken each day
as a first and scrapping or doing cards
i planing on working on mini album,maybe later i can join but not now okay,thank

hvn101
hvn101 
Idol
hvn101
In response to rtay

I will set a goal. I spend so much time teaching classes and swaps I do not get a chance to do for me. My goal is 4.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to hvn101

I would love to join.

My goal would be 10.

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to kirkkevinsmom

Hello Ladies.

I'm in. I have been scrapping off and on since 2005. I made it a goal to scrap more for my New Years Resolution.

I've mostly been working on my wedding, the Girl Scout book, and my farm book (that I turned the album into a baby book for my SIL). So I need to get a new book to put the pages into.

I would love to start a book about me. So my goal will be to do 2 pages a month for the rest of the year towards this book.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to DaNel Hicks

I would like to join! I think this would help keep me scrapping while I'm in school this semester. I tend to get bogged down with homework and I don't allow enough personal time so by the end of the semester I'm fried. Maybe this will help!

Because of school I'm going to keep my goal a little low. I'm going to say 5 by the end of the year. (Hopefully I'll do more!)

bbscraps
Diva
bbscraps
In response to DesiLee

i would like to play along if its ok,i have done bom challenges in the past,i will try for 10 pages by the end of the year,thanks for opening this,bonnie

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps
In response to bbscraps

I would love to participate. I think it will really help me. My goal is 4. One a month until the end of the year.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 08-23-11 07:41 AM
In response to bbscraps

Oh this is wonderful Cassondra. I keep meaning to do pages for a BOM ...have done some randomly but not many.
Even bought a new album this summer for my book (I attached a sample but mine is the bright turquoise which is totally my color).
So I think I will challenge myself to 5.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Page 1 of 37 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics