Page 2 of 37 
Username Post: Join us for 2012 BOM Challenge        (Topic#1563227)
GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 08-23-11 07:53 AM
In response to GMFTS

too funny...I just looked up the meaning of my name on the site Cassondra linked us to.

The meaning of Mary is Rebelliousness...every one who knows me will agree that is totally appropriate!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 08-23-11 12:02 PM
In response to GMFTS

Hiii Friends...

Count me in Cassondra What an AWESOME idea!!!! This is the first Book of Me that I will be doing so I might have tons of questions...lol.

I will make a commitment to do 4 layouts one for each month of the year that we have left.

I am going to look at the link you posted now and find out the meaning of my name!

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to NaneeTootieBeebleBug

This is so AWESOME to see so many interested.

Snowflake- so glad you are joining-

I've seen several comments about this being therapy. Well- usually as women- we do NOT spend enough time on just us. We are always fussing and worrying about everyone else. Without reflection and self expression on a personal level- we get depressed & feel trodden on and tired. I am so excited to see the excitement about this.

Cassondra- that is a great starting point- are names. That takes us to the beginning for those of us who weren't sure where to jump in. I was having so many ideas rattle around in my brain that I didn't know where to land. This is great. Now to research...

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

BON!!!! I love your siggy line (the quote)!!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 08-23-11 12:57 PM
In response to Megan Ann

• Megan Ann Said:
BON!!!! I love your siggy line (the quote)!!!

Thank you Megan Ann...Life is all about finding your Happy Place. If you can find happiness even in the smallest things then you can find peace in your times of trial.

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to Megan Ann

This is really a neat idea... and I would love to participate but my next year will be spent getting ready for my last child's graduation party.. and I really haven't even started his book. But would you mind if I follow along?

TheHybridMess
Veteran
TheHybridMess
In response to lynnde

Yep, I'm in too Cassondra. My BOM is title my "owning pink journal" It's basically my take on embracing the girl/woman

TheHybridMess
Veteran
TheHybridMess
In response to TheHybridMess

oh my goal would be 8 more (2 per month)
I'll share the two I've done this month:

Favourites By TheHybridMess Child of the 80's By TheHybridMess

Edited by TheHybridMess on 08-23-11 02:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to TheHybridMess

Wow I had no idea so many people would be interested in participating this AWESOME!!! I guess all of us just needed a little nudge to get started!!!

WELCOME one and all!!! I am soooo thrilled that you have decided to take this journey and I can't wait to see where it leads us!!!

I will update the 2nd post/first page with your names and goals please double check me to make sure that I have it right and let me know when you finish a LO so I can update it!!! ENJOY!!!!

Lynnde.....please feel free to follow and participate when you want....all are welcome here!!!

Naneetootiebeeblebug....(that makes me laugh EVERY time!!) ask away!!! this is my first BOM so we can all figure it out together along with help from some of our friends who have already started....Megan I love that you have already done so much work on yours...I will be visiting your link when I am done here....ty for sharing it!!!

Edited by Cassondra71 on 08-23-11 03:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to Cassondra71

Mary I am afraid to look mine up....LOL....it will probably say....sassy one who talks when she should listen!!!

Char....they always say when you don't know where to start....go back to the begining....Our names are the first thing we are given once we get here that are ours to keep....seemed like a perfect place to start!!!

Bon were you a yogi in another life????.....your words are always so beautiful and heartfelt....way better than a fortune cookie even!!! I always try to find the right words but end up sounding like a stale greeting card that came from the dollar rack

Guess thats why you are our cheerleader!!!

Edited by Cassondra71 on 08-23-11 03:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34

jci:)

huskerfan
Guru
huskerfan
In response to leokc34

I would like to join too. My goal will be 4. I have been more into the swaps then scrapbooking but am looking forward to doing this.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to huskerfan

I'm going to set a goal for 8 pages. I've decided to do an 8x8. I want to give this to my daughter when she gets older. I was 35 when I got pregnant with her so our environments are so different from each others. Like tonight, I had to downgrade my cable package and she's bumming. And we actually sat down together and watched some news, just like when I grew up!!

Oh, I already knew what my name means... Hebrew Princess!!!

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 08-23-11 07:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TheHybridMess
Veteran
TheHybridMess
In response to Lookin4newideas

This is the first time i'm doing one too. Funnily enough I started a few months ago around the same time I gave up paper scrapping and any ambitions of being on a DT. But my whole philosophy around scrapping changed as well. I want my future grandchildren to know who we are not just what we did.

Edited by TheHybridMess on 08-23-11 09:23 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 08-24-11 03:12 AM

• Cassondra71 Said:
Bon were you a yogi in another life????.....your words are always so beautiful and heartfelt....way better than a fortune cookie even!!! I always try to find the right words but end up sounding like a stale greeting card that came from the dollar rack

Guess thats why you are our cheerleader!!!

Yogi??? I certainly don't feel like your words come from the dollar rack. Besides actions speak louder than words...look at all the people you have brought to the BOM Paper Sista!!!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Yogi is someone who has studied and mastered the ways of Buddah.....they are always very focused and have an amazing zen like calmness and wisdom about them....;) They are people you meet and just feel good being around them because they are so grounded and loving.....like you!!!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Welcome Patty glad you joined us!!!

Sally I will add your goal

I hope to work on my name LO today but I was googling around last night looking at other sites with name meanings and one of them said
Cassondra - she who entangles men
I don't like it!!!!!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

I will have to do some research for my name LO...I think I am going to talk to my mom about why I was named Megan too & journal about that on my LO.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I'm afraid to ask what kind of site you were on Cassondra!! Now that is funny!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Lookin4newideas

I'd like to do this, but I already have many commitments that are due before the end of this year, so my goal will be very low. I can probably commit to two layouts.

Page 2 of 37 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics