Page 3 of 37 
Username Post: Join us for 2012 BOM Challenge        (Topic#1563227)
Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Kamananui

Yay!!! Kelly's here!!! Kelly!!!

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to Megan Ann

Okay- I've gotta ask since I've seen it a few times now- what is "Froup Loop"???

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to charcats7

Welcome Kelly glad you joined us!!!
I have no idea what a froup loop is???? thats a new one to me!!!!

Sally believe it or not I googled religious name meanings and it was on one of those sites!! I think I will just go with the original meaning I found....helper of men.....some how that doesn't sound quite so scandalous!!!

I like the idea of asking your mom how they named you....My dad wanted the name XAnne for a girls name.....pretty sure I would have gotten a pole at some point for a birthday gift with that kind of a name and Buckingham Christopher if I was a boy....thank GOD I wasn't a boy and that mom chose my name!! I would have been Bucky Bennett....are you kidding me???? why do parents do such awful things to their children!!!!! I would have spent all of my school years getting my butt kicked for having such a ridiculous name!!! I just made a note to self to thank my mom for choosing my name when I talk to her!!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful day!!!

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to Cassondra71

Cassondra- that is toooo funny. I'm glad you're a girl & that your mom named you too. (That sounds really funny )

I was told that if I had been a boy I would have been Junior. At the time I think I was 9 & I thought "Junior" was an awful name. Little did I know that it meant Charles Phillip Kelch Jr. But they named me Charlene after my dad and Phillis for a middle name- thankfully NOT the feminine of Phillip which is Phillipa. However since Phyllis Diller was popular at the time- I did get a lot of ribbing about my middle name. Did you know she had been a Playboy Centerfold? When I told kids that who tried to tease me- they didn't know what to say and would walk off. Who got the last laugh there huh?

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to charcats7

Froup Loop=inside joke from the Scrap Pack Challenge (a challenge that no longer happens, but it was when everyone who signed up was sent the same pack of items that you had to use on your LO & you could only add ink, paper, & photos to create your LO, then the LOs were submitted anonymously and judged & a prize was awarded--super fun challenge, but it is TONS of work to host). So when the challenge was ending, a bunch of us regulars got together & formed a very informal critique group so we could stay in touch So it is the name of a group of ladies on sb.com who keep in touch from the Scrap Pack challenge.

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to GMFTS

Kimberly - meaning Ruler!!! lol and the funny thing is Sarah my DD means princess

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to Megan Ann

• Megan Ann Said:
Froup Loop=inside joke from the Scrap Pack Challenge (a challenge that no longer happens, but it was when everyone who signed up was sent the same pack of items that you had to use on your LO & you could only add ink, paper, & photos to create your LO, then the LOs were submitted anonymously and judged & a prize was awarded--super fun challenge, but it is TONS of work to host). So when the challenge was ending, a bunch of us regulars got together & formed a very informal critique group so we could stay in touch So it is the name of a group of ladies on sb.com who keep in touch from the Scrap Pack challenge.

Thanks- that makes sense- I can imagine that would be a lot of work.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to charcats7

I was named after my father's cousin Sallie, only my name ends in "y" vs 'ie' because that is the "hillbilly" way of spelling it!!! parents were funny years ago!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to Lookin4newideas

My name means "longed for" in French. I think my Mom just thought it was a pretty name. I'll have to ask her. I know my middle name (Lee) came about because those are her favorite jeans xD. She was 17 when she had me so I guess that kind of makes sense since all 17 yr old girls think about is boys and clothes lol.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to DesiLee

Wow- very interesting why everyone is named what they were named. There is so much more behind the name than what some site says your name means. I think the story is all about what our parents were thinking at the time. Maybe we should also do a page why we chose our children's names to give to them- so they know & in case we aren't here to ask. Like if I didn't already know- I may not ever since my mom has advanced Alzheimer's now.

I found out thru looking at several sites that Charlene also came from Old German and French as well as the regularly posted English. From the French it means Small Beauty. I prefer the Old German & English= manly, free man- in other words WOMAN as the feminine version of Charles.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to charcats7

Here is a site I found for getting the meaning, usage, etc of a name that is easy to use without a bunch of fluff:

http://www.babynamespedia.com/

Gives the pronunciation, meaning, origin & alternate spellings and similar names. Seems more in tune to research I did years ago.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to charcats7

Hi everyone! I'm excited about doing my first BOM here.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to GMFTS

My name, Megan, means pearl. It comes from Welsh (ultimately Greek) and is a form of Margaret. It hit its highest popularity in 1985 at the #10 girls name. (I was born in 1986.)

My mom liked to watch movies and would look at the credits for names she liked when she was preggo. She saw "Meg Ryan" and liked the name Meg which led to me being named Megan. My middle name, Ann, is my Mother and Aunt's middle name, so I got it b/c it was my mom's.

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to Megan Ann

So my full name is Kimberly Clark - seriously believe that my parent named me because they turned over a Kleenex box - lol.... no it was because my uncle was dating a Kimberly at the time and my mom liked the sound

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to leokc34

Great link Char....I am so excited everyone is really getting into this challenge....I had to read your post twice Kimberly and was cracking up about you saying your name being from a box of kleenex...that would be worse than Buckingham!!!

Hope everyone had a great day!!!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 08-26-11 09:15 AM
In response to GMFTS

jci

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to rtay

haven't been able to make a name LO, but had fun researching it!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to Megan Ann

still haven't started on mine but hope to do so soon!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to Cassondra71

Hi ladies! We're in for some bad weather this weekend on the East coast so I'm going to try and get my name layout finished

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to DesiLee

everyone in the east - please take care!!

Page 3 of 37 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics