Page 4 of 37 
Username Post: Join us for 2012 BOM Challenge        (Topic#1563227)
Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to leokc34

Yeah, so the storm is staying east of us...all the worry & preparing for nothing so far, but a band of rain that came through early last night. I hope it stays this way!!!

DesiLee, where are you in MD, I come through MD every few months on my way to NJ (up I-95). If you are off 95, do you know of any good scrappy stores?

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to Megan Ann

I looked up the meaning of my names.

Margarette - Latin
meaning - a pearl

DaNel - English
meaning - God is my Judge

There was a bunch more about character and feelings and things that was really accurate. I also know how I got my name.

My mom named me Margarette after her. She was born Margaret Flynn and legally changed her name to Margarette Lynn in her 20's.

DaNel came from my Dad's cousin's wife Nelda. She wanted to name a child DaNel. Now she named her own daughter Tiffiany. But she did name (last I was told) 3 other people's daughters DaNel. The N is capital for the first letter of her name.

Now to rewrite this and type it out onto a journeling block to start my first page.

Would you suggest a baby photo (I don't have many of those) or an adult photo? I do have some old albums that I salvaged from the old house so I will be redoing those photos that deal about me. I admit I don't have many photos of myself growing up and the ones I do have I don't remember much about what was going on at the time.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to DaNel Hicks

Megan - the only one I know of is off of 75 and it would probably be waaaay out of your way. I'm in Frederick so I'm not too close to 95. I know there's another one somewhere because the one I go to has a passport thing going with it. I'll try to find out where it is for you.

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to DesiLee

Megan Ann glad the storm passed you without to much trouble!! stay dry....rainy days are perfect for scrapping!!!

Desi - hope the storm passes you soon....stay safe!!!

DaNel - I started my name LO last night and was trying to decide the same thing....baby picture or adult picture????? I think I am going to go with baby because I want this page to be the first in my book....kind of like a when it started point of reference.....but I think any way you do it is fine....really what ever you feel like speaks to who and what you are....just have fun with it....you could always do both....an adult and a baby pic!!!

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Cassondra71

JCI. Haven't had time to work on anything yet, but hopefully soon. Stay safe everyone.

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps
In response to DesiLee

• DesiLee Said:
Megan - the only one I know of is off of 75 and it would probably be waaaay out of your way. I'm in Frederick so I'm not too close to 95. I know there's another one somewhere because the one I go to has a passport thing going with it. I'll try to find out where it is for you.

I'm in Manassas and love the one in Gettysburg. I go to a retreat near there. There is one in Fredericksburg VA that's pretty good too.

bbscraps
Diva
bbscraps
In response to JustJenScraps

jci

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to bbscraps

I just finished my Birth announcement page and my baptism page. I think those are the fastest two pages I've ever done, considering I just started them about 30 min ago. And the one page is all scraps except for a flower I just got in a swap!

Book of Me (BOM) page 1 By Lookin4newideas

BOM page 2 By Lookin4newideas

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 08-27-11 07:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 08-27-11 11:27 PM
In response to Lookin4newideas

I love my BOM of me...fits me pretty well.

~ meaning ~
Archer

~ motivation ~
Endeavours to succeed

~ character ~
Is refined and dignified

~ feelings ~
A person who is loving and caring

~ intelligence ~
Has an inventive mind

~ spiritual ~
Has purity of spirit

~ nature ~
Is always jovial

~ inherent ~
A non-judgmental person

Megan Ann...I am so glad that you did not get to you...I feel so bad for all those folks that are struggling tonight. My prayers are with them. I remember how desperate we felt when the wildfires hit us and my parents had to evacuate their home up north, along with so many parents of the friends I grew up with. I am just so happy you are safe.

Sally...You are GOOOOOOD!!!! You go girl. You created beautiful pages. I can tell you are proud of your name. I was just saying to a friend, that this part of the challenge will be hard for me as I am not communicating with my biological parents, I have no idea who chose my name or how they came to name me. You are so blessed to know.

Cassondra...It will be hard for me also, as I have no pictures of when I was a baby. As I have shared those times in my life are as though I never existed, probably why I take so many pictures of my kids and my grandkids. They are precious memories to cherish not to leave behind when you walk away.

I hope everyone had a wonderful day...and that your Sunday will be blessed.

Happy Scrapping

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps
In response to NaneeTootieBeebleBug

I didn't realize a BOM could be historical, I have always seen them as contemporary, layouts about favorite coffee or why you collect _____. That is so cool. I guess I do have a BOM started as I've been scrapping and journaling childhood pics.

Dang, I just finished a layout the other day. The journaling is written as an adult and how I remember the events and feelings from the picture. I'll post it later!

Wow, this isn't going to be as difficult as I first thought! I am totally excited now!!!!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to JustJenScraps

Morning Ladies

WOW Sally you are rockin' your BOM nice job!!! feels good to work on something just for you huh?? That ribbon flower is from Imelda I used mine on a card.....soooo cute!! I will try this month to make sure names are on everything so we know who made what!!!

Bon I love the meaning of your name.....seems to fit quite well!!!

Jen you are so funny!!! Nothing here is ever hard....we just roll with it!!!! Your BOM can have anything in it YOU choose.....anything thats a part of YOU!!! can't wait to see the LO's you already have created!!

Remember Ladies this BOM is about YOU!!! If you don't have baby pictures because you just don't have them, because they were lost along the way or because you don't have contact with someone who might have them......thats all a part of who you are......don't fret because there isn't a photo to commemorate every step.....just because the photos aren't there doesn't mean the memories are gone.....Journal....use generic photos of things that enhance the memory of that time.....use all those creative juices I know you have to create a LO that will be so beautiful it won't need a photo!!! It's all about YOU.....so if when your LO is done you look at it and it makes YOU happy thats all that matters!!! Tell your story any way you want!!!

Happy Sunday!!!!

Scraphappynicole
Mayor
Scraphappynicole
In response to GMFTS

I would love to give it a go, it is essential that my kids know every single thing about me! Thanks so much for the challenge. I hate pictures of myself so that will be a challenge within itself! I say my goal is 6 by the end of the year!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Scraphappynicole

Way to rock the LOs Sally!!! I love the colors on your baptism page!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to Megan Ann

Welcome scraphappynicole!!!! so glad to have you join us!!!

I was able to finish my name meaning LO....all except adding a picture....my mom is visiting next week and is going to bring one so I will add that later....I will post a picture later.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 08-29-11 07:12 AM
In response to Cassondra71

Just checking in.....
I will get caught up on gallery love later this week.
I've had a houseful of guests...2 more days.
Then I can get to this.
I have researched my name.

Rhonda
My dad named me this, because he loved the actress Rhonda Fleming, she stared in a bunch of old westerns...She really was so beautiful, and I downloaded a bunch of pics of her to my puter to use on this LO.
It's Welch in origin, and we are Welch, tho my mother was Cherokee.
It means "Powerful Seas", which fits me perfectly...LOL
I hated my name my whole life, but I'm 51 now, and pretty used to it by now...tho I still don't really like it.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to rtay

Thanks for the compliments above.

Bon, I'm like Rhonda, I never liked my name and to this day I could care less about it, but it was my given name and I was named after my Dad's cousin. Our family is that way, most everyone has a first or middle name from a relative.

Jen, I hate talking about myself. I started out with my baby pictures because Cassondra gave us something to get started on, our names. I already knew the meaning and why I was named Sally. I'm the only one of 7 kids that didn't have a photo album put together so all my pictures are loose. Opening up in the various forums on sb.com and seeing other people share their life, has brought back many memories for me. I've let the bad ones cloud the good ones which really outweigh the bad ones.

I was bad and ordered a paper pack. DCWV Hippy Chic. They are sooo me! I started writing a little background why they are me, just to practice and the next thing I knew, I wrote something about my Uncle who's 10 years older than me. So, guess what my next page is going to be about?

Plus, I decided I'm not going to do mine BOM in chronological order per se. As I find a picture that sparks a memory, that's going to be my next page! And I'm not doing an 8x8 as I have plenty to do an 12x12. If I have mini memories, and small photos, I may break one page down into 4 6x6's!

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to Lookin4newideas

hey all,
I started a book like this a while ago that I just found when cleaning out my scrap supplies - they are really old school - no journaling, no embellishemnts, no cricut so if you guys are ok with it... i will use that book and add the missing items

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to leokc34

I don't think there are any rules. Except, that it's about you and only you can interpret that!

I wish I could find my old photo albums, but the ones I put together in highschool all are missing... (thanks to certain family members)

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to GMFTS

hi!!!! i'm going to go small and say my goal will be 3 by the end of the year... i still have to finish my dd book and then i want to start on my son's book. although this first challenge really makes me want to start a BOM!

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to littleMRSimelda

I have my main page done and I will hopefully photo it and get it up by the end of the week. I have several I need to take photos of to be honest.

What suggestions do you have to take a good layout photo. I've tried getting directly above it (inside and out) then cropping the photo to take out the background but the layout never seems to be square.

Page 4 of 37 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics