Page 5 of 37 
Username Post: Join us for 2012 BOM Challenge        (Topic#1563227)
Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to DaNel Hicks

Morning Ladies

DaNel I have found that sticking mine to the wall with some of that blue putty like stuff that peels right off and taking the photo straight on worrks pretty well.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

amancuso
Diva
amancuso

Is there still room to join? I just recently started a BOM and would love to participate if there is room!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to GMFTS

Oh my goodness, I love this challenge..is it too late to sign up...I am so excited to make a book about me that will teach future generations about me as a person!! fabulous idea!!

I would like to join if its not too late!!

My goal will be 10 layouts for my BOM!!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to newtoscrapping2011

Welcome Ashley & new to scrapping!!

Its never to late to join....we are glad to have you!!

This is an ongoing challenge so new friends are always welcome!!!

amancuso
Diva
amancuso
In response to Cassondra71

Great! My goal will be 6 pages for my BOM.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to amancuso

Great...thank you so much....Im Courtney by the way...im so excited!! I am going to start pulling things and conjuring up thoughts for my BOM!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to newtoscrapping2011

jci

A couple of people commented on my lo about how lucky I was still to have some originals from the hospital. Somehow I have to go back and add something I dropped and forgot about... the little florist envelope addressed to "Mommy" from my two older sisters! And the only reason I'm so "lucky" to have all this is because I took it back in the 70's when my mom was getting sick and my sister started hoarding all the pictures. I wish I knew who had my grandmother's scrap book. She used to save news paper clippings and had a couple pictures of me when I made it in the local paper. (once for Marching band, another time playing basketball at the rec park recently built when I was in hs) One of the reasons this BOM is important to me is because my mother passed away after a long illness when I was 15. Her mother had passed away before I was born, so no one to fill in on all those missing pieces.

I scrap mostly my daughter and she gets so mad at me. I tell her I'm not putting it together for her, they're my memories that I want to share with her kids and that's why when there are challenges, I scrap the doubles, because she WILL give me more than one grandbaby! (she'll only be 15 in Oct) and each kid will get a scrap book of their mom.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Lookin4newideas

Here is the less concrete stuff about my name:

Megan
(Greek)

~ meaning ~
Great and mighty

~ motivation ~
A strong desire to protect those dear

~ character ~
Someone with a sense of justice (I don't know if this describes me, I am a very compassionate person more so than one who demands justice...)

~ feelings ~
Is patient and understanding (this is true of me)

~ intelligence ~
Has a creative mind (I'm really rational to a fault...)

~ spiritual ~
Reveals a sense of awareness

~ nature ~
Is a disciplined person (HA! I am THEE BIGGEST procrastinator! And sooo ADD that I go from one thing to another without EVER finishing what I start!)

~ inherent ~
Someone who is companionable

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps
In response to Megan Ann

This week has been a blur. I cannot wait until my Friday. I'm scrapping my weekend away!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71
In response to JustJenScraps

Hang in there Jen its almost half over....scrapping is in the horizon!!!

Megan Ann...very cool meanings!!

Sally what a great idea to make more than one book for your daughters children....my daughter has already laid claim to mine....along with everything else she wants when I am gone....LOL guess the boys will just have to visit her and look at it there!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I'm one of 7 kids.. and only have one kid, sure my daughter won't have to worry, but then her kids will.

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

I can't imagine coming from a home with 7 siblings I am an only child and always wanted brothers and sister.....I have 2 half brothers but they were born when I was grown and we never lived together.....I have always envied people who have large families.....I love the way my kids all have a bond together that no one else has with them....their little secrets and all the things they laugh about....they way they love each other just seems like such an amazing gift!!!

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks

Here is my first page. I also did it for the weekly 1 sketch for September.

I ended up with a baby photo and a wedding photo.

I doodled in the flourishes with silver.

Weekly Sketch Week 1 By DaNel Hicks

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Nice job DaNel it turned out beautiful!!!
I updated your goals on the first page

Sally I also updated your goals!!!

Keep up the good work ladies!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Sometimes I feel bad for my daughter. She never met her father and she had been trying to search for her half brother and sister since she was around 10. She never told me, so last year, luckily I knew her sister's and the mom's name, so we searched on line for the mom. Her dad had lived in WA and his ex wife had moved to Portland, OR. We found her on Facebook. My daughter wrote to her and that afternoon, she wrote back and told her she would hear from her sister, Kay that evening. Sure enough and she wrote back and they keep in touch through FB. Turns out her sister didn't know anything about her other than having the pictures I had sent to her father up until she was 4. That's when he got remarried and moved and I never sent him anything. I guess after that, the new wife was jealous of the daughter and ex and out of spite, would send pictures of my daughter to her, she gave them to her daughter and she kept them all these years! Every now and then I get peak on my daughter's facebook and I see her sister giving her advice or they talk like sisters. I got tears in my eyes, I can't type any more and I'm going to be late to my friends house.. bye!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Sally, sometimes fb can be so awful (my aunt used to say mean $h!t about my mon) but in cases like yours and your dd its amazing!!!!!! I'm so glad that after all those years and distance they have been able to connect!!!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to littleMRSimelda

I had to block my oldest sister. She's such an *&% She would be talking garbage on her wall about all the nieces and nephews. She is on a mental health disability and uses as an excuse and crutch for everything. Her life is FB. I shouldn't talk too badly.. sb.com lately is my addiction!!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

Sally its not an addiction its partof the healing process....I have such mixed emotions about fb....I think its great to stay connected but can be a a real pain in the ********!!! but you can find me there cassondra bennett and I welcome you to do so!!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I sent you a friend request! Cute picture, your grandson is so adorable. It's been a very long time I've since I've seen a newborn.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to littleMRSimelda

• littleMRSimelda Said:
Sally, sometimes fb can be so awful (my aunt used to say mean $h!t about my mon) but in cases like yours and your dd its amazing!!!!!! I'm so glad that after all those years and distance they have been able to connect!!!!

I'm hoping some day they will be able to meet in person. I want to be there and I know I'll be crying my eyes out!

Page 5 of 37 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics