Username Post: Dauber cleaning        (Topic#1563349)
styme123
Resident
styme123

I have a been using my dew drop inks a lot with my daubers but was unsure how to clean them. Soap and water? I have been using a new dauber for each new color, so I now have a bunch of dirty daubers now, any suggestions? Is there anything else you use instead of daubers? Tried the cosmetic sponges but the edges are showing up. Thanks

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to styme123

lol, I use a different dauber for each ink pad, and I label the daubers so that I can use the dauber again and again and again (with that ink pad)
Stampin' Up ink pads By Rosita

Christine19850
Veteran
Christine19850
In response to styme123

I picked up a storage case and wrote the name of each colour on each dauber. I've never thrown any out (yet!). Everytime I pick up a new colour, I make sure I buy new daubers :-D

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Christine19850

Before I got a sponge dauber for each ink pad I washed mine in my washing machine.

Thrown them all in a lingerie bag and wash with cold water on the handwash cycle. Set them upright to dry (I found overnight works best) the daubers were still stained but when I rub them over white cardstock no color rubs off. I still used them for similar colors so the staining didn't look goofy-but that's just me!

tegan-nicole
Veteran
tegan-nicole
In response to MrsAnnieS

• MrsAnnieS Said:
Before I got a sponge dauber for each ink pad I washed mine in my washing machine.

Thrown them all in a lingerie bag and wash with cold water on the handwash cycle. Set them upright to dry (I found overnight works best) the daubers were still stained but when I rub them over white cardstock no color rubs off. I still used them for similar colors so the staining didn't look goofy-but that's just me!

Spectacular Idea! Thanks for sharing this!! I would have thought the washer would ruin the sponge.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to tegan-nicole

• tegan-nicole Said:
  • MrsAnnieS Said:

Spectacular Idea! Thanks for sharing this!! I would have thought the washer would ruin the sponge.

No issues with the sponge being ruined but I only washed them 2-3 times before just getting a dauber for each color.

New Kid On the Block
In response to MrsAnnieS

I put mine in the dishwasher. I got one of those net bags that you use for icing decorator tips. works great.

styme123
Resident
styme123
In response to paperfiend

what a good idea. I guess I should start buying some new daubers it seems like.

Thaiti30
Expert
Thaiti30
In response to styme123

I would like to thank everyone in here who posted about using and cleaning daubers!!!! I never used daubers before until two days ago and it makes a whole lot of difference on my projects! yay!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics