Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Kraft paper??!!!        (Topic#1563517)
binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

Is anyone else obsessed with kraft paper??? I realized that I have several LO with kraft paper posted here.....and have several others that I have done lately and not posted yet. It seems that I am reaching for kraft first!!!! I love all the effects you can get with kraft!!!!! Anyone else?????

[image] Gentlemen, start your engines By Binkiemonstermom[/image]

[image] Space Patrol By Binkiemonstermom[/image]

[image] Squirrel! By Binkiemonstermom[/image]

[image] Kyle By Binkiemonstermom[/image]

[image] Top Cat By Binkiemonstermom[/image]

The Top Cat one is misted and inked.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to binkiemonstermom

I use kraft as a base for my cards more often than not. I love how versatile it is!

StrawberryPia
Governor
StrawberryPia
In response to kelseymel

I love craft cardstock! HereĀ“s my latest card with it!

B-d card SLS card sketch August 4th By StrawberryPia

Veteran
In response to StrawberryPia

Definitely my latest obsession. Love your layouts!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to GAKropper

I really like the Kraft paper the J's sells in the value packs, I always get it when it's only 2.50 for 50 sheets. It's super thick & I even like it better than Bazzill! The pack at J's is made by the paper company, but I didn't see it in the super store.
Products Referenced in This Post:

creativesoul_in_WI
Governor
creativesoul_in_WI
In response to Karen3066

I too love Kraft paper and used it a lot until I ran out. I didn't notice it a J's but now will be on the lookout. I like it's versatility, it's like a pair of jeans you can mix it with anything and it looks fabulous!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to creativesoul_in_WI

Yes, in fact I'm using it right now, roughed it up a bit to use as sand base for beach. I also like it for bg paper and to tone down bright, busy pp. it's a must have in my stash.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to creativesoul_in_WI

• creativesoul_in_WI Said:
I too love Kraft paper and used it a lot until I ran out. I didn't notice it a J's but now will be on the lookout. I like it's versatility, it's like a pair of jeans you can mix it with anything and it looks fabulous!

It definitely is like a pair of jeans

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to pugs223

I use it a lot too!

Katie vs the sweet potatos By Amandahugandkiss

sweet potato page 2 By Amandahugandkiss

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to amandahugandkiss

I just uploaded another LO with kraft paper!!!!

I will have to look at joann's!!!!

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to binkiemonstermom

Yep, I use it a lot. The pages I'm doing today will be on kraft

SarahWscraps
Veteran
SarahWscraps
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

I got a big pack of Kraft cardstock from oriental trading for a really good price and it is a nice weight. It is good for cards, los and cutting on my cricut. I am loving kraft right now too...

Inloveforlife
Veteran
Inloveforlife
In response to SarahWscraps

I use it alot as well

Teenage Dream By Inloveforlife

Peacock By Inloveforlife
Creativity that burts alive By Inloveforlife
Needing a title By Inloveforlife

surescrapsalot
Veteran
surescrapsalot
In response to Inloveforlife

I haven't caught the kraft paper fever yet. It's not that I don't like it....everyone's layouts are fantastic.....I just don't think it blends with my style....I always look at it and think, what would I do with this.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to surescrapsalot

Kraft - is it just shades of beige? Or is there texture to it as well?

I don't think we can get it where I live.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Rosey, most of the cs companies make it. It is the color of your average paper bag. The ones I like best have that fiber-y look to them, just like a grocery bag but in 80lb cs weight.

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk

I probably use it more than I should...but I LOVE the versatility of it!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

• ColbyCheeseCat Said:
Rosey, most of the cs companies make it. It is the color of your average paper bag. The ones I like best have that fiber-y look to them, just like a grocery bag but in 80lb cs weight.

That's what I thought. I asked on another board a while ago, and one dear lady actually sent me a little sample. But when I took it to 4 different LSSes in Western Australia, nobody knew what I was talking about. They had never heard of Kraft. I stood there, surrounded by the very latest Bo Bunny, wondering if I was in another dimension!

Does it come in lots of different shades? Is it always textured? I ordered the Basic Grey 6x6 Kraft Basics pad and it isn't textured, just patterned with a white base/core.

Oh and I tested the piece that I was sent, and it was not acid-free, so I only used it on cards.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to RedSquirrel UK

• RedSquirrel Said:
  • ColbyCheeseCat Said:

That's what I thought. I asked on another board a while ago, and one dear lady actually sent me a little sample. But when I took it to 4 different LSSes in Western Australia, nobody knew what I was talking about. They had never heard of Kraft. I stood there, surrounded by the very latest Bo Bunny, wondering if I was in another dimension!

Does it come in lots of different shades? Is it always textured? I ordered the Basic Grey 6x6 Kraft Basics pad and it isn't textured, just patterned with a white base/core.

Oh and I tested the piece that I was sent, and it was not acid-free, so I only used it on cards.

There are variations in texture and shade. The Basic Grey isn't card stock. Just a "pattern paper". I'm in Canada and have a few different brands that I can send you as well.

No idea if they are acid free... I honestly don't care. The ones I have are Bazill, Recollections (Michaels brand), and a few others. If you want some just pm me

I only point out that I am in Canada because I know you are in Australia so it might be awhile before the package arrives lol!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

Interesting. They stock Bazzil c/s here almost exclusively, just not Kraft.

Bless you - you're so kind! I'm actually flying back to the UK for 6 weeks this weekend, so I won't take you up on your offer just yet. I will look in the shops there and see what I can find. But thank you, and if I don't find any, I'll let you know!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics