Username Post: Vagabond v. Big Shot        (Topic#1563519)
Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066

I am a huge Tim Holtz fan & will normally buy something just because he has endorsed it because I always end up loving it!! So, I have been doing some research on the Vagabond because the price tag is just a bit more than I am comfortable with!!

Does the Big Shot cut fabric, thin metal (think a coke can metal flattened), cork board, cut & emboss grunge board all with ease? I don't really mind the hand cranking, so yes the motor is cool, but not really necessary.

I think they both will take any die the will fit through the slot, which is the same size?

The Vagabond comes with a one year warranty, but a Big Shot bought from Stampin' Up has a life time warranty.

Besides the motor, being able to fold up, being endorsed by Tim, and having cool stickers what makes the Vagabond different?

Edited by Karen3066 on 08-28-11 07:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to Karen3066

I can't help you but I am an owner of the Vagabond and I love it! Yes, it's adorable and looks good sitting in my dining room, where I scrap, but I like that I don't have to manually crank a handle. Whenever I have a ton of cutting to do I thank TH for making this machine!

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to theellenbee

The big shot will cut just about anything, the items you list included. The biggest difference between the two machines are the price and the vagabond being electric. If you have problems cranking a handle, the vagabond is the machine for you.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Nancy Keslin

For the money, I would buy a big shot pro and be able to cut any die on the market.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to binkiemonstermom

I'm with Binkiemonstermom. I wish I had went with it!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Sneezy1956

So, does the Big Shot pro cut any materials that the Big Shot won't?

Has anyone ever embossed grunge board with their Big Shot using the folders?

purpledurple
Idol
purpledurple
In response to Karen3066

Karen I use my Big Shot to emboss and cut chipboard and grunge board...works great. I haven't tried thin metals and fabrics yet but I know other who do. You can get the BS cheaper or the Big Kick which is the same thing only sold at M's so I used a coupon!

Vagabond would be nice being electric but not totally necessary or like others have said the Big Shot Pro because of the size. It will but the biggest of the dies like the grand nesties.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to purpledurple

I don't know that it will cut any different materials but it will cut larger sized.

ladyofaries
Veteran
ladyofaries
In response to Karen3066

I have the Vagabond and love it. I have a hard time cranking others so love ole Tim

Shastess
Expert
Shastess
In response to ladyofaries

I have the Big Kick - same as the big shot but have used the Vagabond - it is motorized so those people with arthritis or other ailments that make cranking difficult it is PERFECT for them I believe everything else is the same steel rollers etc.

I want a big shot pro now because I want to cut the bigger sizes which is the only difference between the Big Shot and Pro

pegboyd
New Kid On the Block
pegboyd
In response to Shastess

Just my 2 cents... I have almost all the cutters. The vegabond, the big shot, a cuttlebug (that I never use), the wizard, an accucut Grande Mark IV, the cricut and pazzles. I know... I'm a shopaholic and working on that. But to make a point- I use the vegabond for all my embossing folders and smaller dies and the accucut for all my big dies. all the others just sit here as purchases I shouldn't have made :/ I LOVE the ease of pushing a button. and of course- I love tim holtz

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to pegboyd

Isn't the Big shot Pro electric?

flagirlof4
Guru
flagirlof4
In response to Karen3066

I just received my Big Shot from overstock.com for 66.00 and $1.00 to ship. I love tim holtz dies so I had to get this, and I'm glad I did!!!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to flagirlof4

The big shot pro is not electric....but it cuts the biggest dies down to the smallest. And they are supposed to come out with 12X12 embossing folders in 2012~~~

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics