Page 1 of 68 
Username Post: Little things that irritate you?        (Topic#1563627)
kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel

I hope I'm not the only one affected by this phenomenon. You know, when you see something and instantly think, "Who invented that? It's so stoooopid!"

For me.....it's.....

those stick figure decals people put on the back of their cars.

So, what's yours?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to kelseymel

it's not an item, but it's a grammatical mistake that people are constantly doing. It's stating that "Something needs done". What happened to using "to be" in between the verb and the object?

Juggy
Juggy 
Mayor
Juggy
  • Juggy on 08-30-11 09:21 AM
In response to moxiegirl23

uhm Liz --- did the "to be" hear "not" to be and run off?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Juggy

I'm thinking so!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Juggy

mine is also a grammatical error, when someone says "irregardless" instead of "regardless", it just burns my buns! I used to have a boss that said it all the time, on my last day I finally told her how ignorant it made her sound

Juggy
Juggy 
Mayor
Juggy
  • Juggy on 08-30-11 09:32 AM
In response to chocolateaxel

I'm glad the op clarified "little things" cause for a second I was going to make a crack about thongs ...

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Juggy

About half the drivers on the roads! Especially the ones who decide to tailgate you in the slow lane, then zip around you only to cut you off and take the very next exit (usually about 10 yards away!) Because getting to the exit 5 seconds later would be horrible!

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to MrsAnnieS

• MrsAnnieS Said:
About half the drivers on the roads! Especially the ones who decide to tailgate you in the slow lane, then zip around you only to cut you off and take the very next exit (usually about 10 yards away!) Because getting to the exit 5 seconds later would be horrible!

Oh, I am completely with you!!! Lately, there have been so many crazy people on I94!!! What is up with that?

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to momma paparazzi

Ladies, you need to visit the Grammar Gurus thread.

Okay.... wow... I have SO MANY.. what do I choose?

Since Melissa mentioned cars:

Giant 20" wheels on cars (with the low-profile tires). Ridiculous!

Fake testicles hanging from the trailer hitch. REALLY?!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to momma paparazzi

first I must admit to being partial to the stick figure decals (but I love stick figures as a general rule)

hmm ...

I am also a grammar snob, especially with the written word ... one thing that drives me batty is a poorly written or excessively "typo"ed email from my boss ...

after Hurricane Irene, we all got one about "accessing" the situation in the morning ... took me a few read-throughs to figure out he meant assessing the situation ...

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Bxr-Linda

Yeah, the balls on the trailer hitch get me too.

The word "Imma", as in, "Imma going to do this." WTH??

Which brings me to... text speak in email conversations from students to me (their instructor).

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to scraprabbit

there's a Volkswagen bug that must belong to someone who works in my mall that has giant fake "eyelashes" on the headlights ... a definite "wtf?" kind of product

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to madmatter

my hubby learned pretty quickly not to say "whatever" and "its the same difference"

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Fargomutt

AWWW...I love internet lingo..."imma" and other such nonsensical words. Saves me from typing more.

I suppose what bugs me is how people dress in public these days....people of WalMart dot com anyone?! Like, who invented the size 6x tube top? Is that really needed? No.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to Fargomutt

it bugs me when people can't follow the most basic instructions then question you incessantly when they goof things up.

i can't stand when DH says 'more better.'

the sizes of clothes. one brand, same exact style but different colors and i took 3 different sizes in the pants. soooo stupid.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Lamoo12

• Lamoo12 Said:
it bugs me when people can't follow the most basic instructions then question you incessantly when they goof things up.

the sizes of clothes. one brand, same exact style but different colors and i took 3 different sizes in the pants. soooo stupid.

Oooohhh! I HATE that too!

I was just shopping with daughter. She literally had to try one EVERY pair of jeans. Same style and size, but 2 pair would fit differently!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • Lamoo12 Said:

Oooohhh! I HATE that too!

I was just shopping with daughter. She literally had to try one EVERY pair of jeans. Same style and size, but 2 pair would fit differently!

Jeans shopping is the worst! Why can't women's pants have sizing like mens??? They either fit great in the waist or are too short or are the perfect length but fall off. Ok yes some stores carry longs but they don't always fit right either!

litlplace
Resident
litlplace
In response to MrsAnnieS

How about this one: when did it become acceptable to wear ones' pjs as daytime wear?

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 08-30-11 11:24 AM
In response to MrsAnnieS

Ok...slow lane...fast lane...this bugs me...is the speed limit not the same for EVERY lane? I have a problem with that one. DH insists that you stay in the far right lane except to pass and the lane farthest to the left is the FAST lane. Do the police know this??

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to litlplace

• litlplace Said:
How about this one: when did it become acceptable to wear ones' pjs as daytime wear?

dd (who is 17) wears pajama bottoms to school about once a week ...

some things are just not worth fighting about

Page 1 of 68 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics