Page 1 of 16 
Username Post: September Budget Challenge All are welcome!        (Topic#1563677)
newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Welcome to the September Budget Challenge! We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!!

Our illustrious hostess Alissa needs a break so I am taking over for September.. Hosting this challenge is great fun and we have a great group of enablers hahah!!

The rules: List your budget for the month of September that you want to spend on supplies. Then, list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

The catch: You can spend your money on whatever you want, list or impulse, but you must buy at least half of the items on your wish list!!! For example, if you list 10 items, you have to buy at least 5 of those and have me strike them off your list, etc. Please, make sure to tell me when I am supposed to strike off an item!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and I will keep track of it in this post. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

TWISTED!!! List at least one thing you are not allowed to buy for the whole month.

Courtney (Newtoscrapping2011)

Budget: $100-$12=$88-$58=$30-$16= $14 BUSTED!!!
Wishlist: Smooch, Prima Masks, EK Success Paper Shapers Punches (they make the flowers and are so so cool) LOL
Twist: NO PAPER (except what comes in my monthly kit)

Glinda (Razzledscrapper)

Budget: $50
Wishlist: Flowers, MS punch around
Twist: Cricut Carts

Tammy (Ladybing Tammy)

Budget: $75-$5=$70-$35=$35
Wishlist: embellishments for my wedding pages, beau chateau digital elements for my honeymoon album, wedding album
Twist: NO RIBBON!

Kelly (Kamananui)

Budget: $100-$27=$73-$27=$46
Wish: Spellbinders, Glimmer Mist LE
Twist: Absolutely NOTHING from the dollar bins.

Tina (tinadn)

Budget: $500-$15=$485-$27=$458-$1 34=$324-$2=$322
Wishlist: Cricut Class, major splurge at scrapfest!!
Twist: NOTHING (she is allowed to buy whatever she wants haha)

Vivian (Vivian Lake)

Budget: $80-$28=$52-$2=$50-$12=$3 8
Wishlist: Modge Podge, Blue CS, christmas quilling strips, precut ATC, Craftsheet, blank grungeboard, peachy keen stamps
Twist: dont get my panties in a wad if i dont get everything I want this month!!

Sonja (SonjaC)

Budget: $175-43=$132-$30=$102-$74 =$28-$25=$3 BUSTED
Wishlist: Cricut cutting mat, 12x12 album pages, Life's a party Cart, MS "Fence" Halloween Punch, MS Snowflake punch, EK "Notebook" punch, TH Adage Tickets, brown purple and/or gray mists, SOD kit, Storytellers Kit
Twist: NO PAPER, NO $1 Bin stuff

Alissa (runzalot)

BUDGET: $50-$16=$34-$4=$30-$14=$1 6 BUSTED
WISH: that I won't bust my budget
TWIST: brads and rub ons

Shayla (ShaylaCreations)

Budget: $10
Wishlist: Anything I need Adhesive Included
Twist: NO FLOWERS

Katie (Kdinsmore)

Budget $150-$62=$98
Wishlist: whatever she wants at scrapfest!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to newtoscrapping2011

I'm in of course. Thanks for hosting again Courtney!

I am unsure of my budget this month. Need to think on it and my wish list.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Ladybing Tammy

I've got to think but I'm definitely in.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

I'm in.

Glinda - Razzled Scrapper
Expert
In response to Kamananui

Hello girls I am back. Missed everyone. Whats been happening with me well....My husband went back to work after being unemployed for 8 and half months, daughter turned 18, son turned 13 so I now have only teenagers. I can go on but those are the most important things that has happened since I have been gone.

So now for this months $$$ well I think I will limit myself since I am saving for a new car and my husband always buys me scrapbooking stuff for my anniversary in Sept. so I should be able to get buy with only spending $50.00

Budget $50.00
Wishlist Flowers, Martha Stuart punch around

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Glinda - Razzled Scrapper

I hope Alissa is ok I havent seen her in a while....

Welcome back Glinda!! Yay for your DH....
Did you have a twist you wanted to include?

First post is ACU to here....lets see how good (or bad) we can be this month LOL!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I'm going to be good.

I just need to work on a budget and wish list. Welcome back, Glinda. It's so good to see you!

Expert
In response to Kamananui

Thanks girls. I've glad to be able to get back into the fun things.

As for a twist I will add no Cricut Carts.

Vivian Lake
Guru
Vivian Lake
In response to Glinda - Razzled Scrapper

here i am

Alissa is fine (she's my sis). Her plate is VERY full with back to school (work) and DT stuff.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Vivian Lake

Hi Vivian!!

Budget: $100
Wish: Spellbinders, Glimmer Mist LE
Twist: Absolutely NOTHING from the dollar bins. I swear on all that's holy I have about a $1000 worth of dollar cr@p!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

So glad to hear that Alissa is doing fine...I totally understand that she is busy, I just totally didn't want to step on any toes by hosting in September....Hope she is able to come and play along with our budget!!

Congrats Vivian, you won the RAK from last month!! PM me your address and I will get you some goodies!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

$500 for me
Wishlist: Cricut class, major splurge at Scrapfest!!!!!!!!!!
Twist: Nothing, this is my buy anything I darn well please, cuz I'm going to Scrapfest month:)

My classes are already paid for and those were in my vacation budget.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

I am going to give myself a budget of $60
WISH: embellishments for my wedding pages, glimmer mist or like product
TWIST: no ribbon!

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 09-02-11 07:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I want Tina's budget!!!!

Also, please note that I'm not including the Silhouette Cameo in my budget. I plan on getting one. I just want to see how everyone else likes theirs first. If there seems to be issues, I'll get the new KNK cutter, Zing. All I know is that I AM getting a new cutter, and it's a separate budget.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

Yeah I want Tina's budget too! And a trip to scrapfest!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Ill just take the trip to scrapfest...i really need to make it to one of these....this just sounds like entirely too much fun!!

Kelly, good luck in your search for a new cutter and it should be a seperate budget!! (yes i am totally enabling you here lmao)

Off to update the first post!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

hmm I guess to wishlist can you add a Wedding Album and then maybe up my budget to $75

Thanks

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

sure thing!!

Vivian Lake
Guru
Vivian Lake

Just spent $28 at HL on stuff actually on my list:

Budget: $80
Wish: Modge Podge (got it): Blue CS (got it): christmas quilling strips (got them too): precut ATC (got them)
More wishes: Craftsheet, blank grungeboard, peachy keen stamps
Twist: don't get my panties in a wad if I don't get everything I want this month!!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

$500?! I want Tina's budget!

Congrats Vivian!!!

I'm in again! (I've had my budget written down for a week already, just waiting for Courtney to finally post the challenge!) It includes both my SOD and Storyteller's Club kits as well as two Cricut items I just won on Ebay yesterday... Believe it or not, we're trying to watch our spending this month... And with my b-day coming, I'm hoping for some scrappy money to get some of these things as 'gifts'...

Budget: $175
Wishlist: Cricut cutting mat, 12x12 album pages, Storybook Cartridge, Life's a Party cartridge, MS 'Fence' Halloween punch, MS snowflake punch/stamp, EK 'Notebook' punch, TH Adage Tickets, brown, purple and/or gray mists, SOD Kit, Storytellers Kit
Twist: Absolutely NO paper (again), or $1 bin stuff!

Page 1 of 16 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics