Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: So disappointed        (Topic#1563807)
dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

Well, I got my two Pink Paislee "grab bags" in the mail today. Why, oh why did I talk myself into this. First off, both boxes are 100% IDENTICAL. I guess I had thought there would be SOME variety. Tons of felt stuff (including hair clips - huh?!) and big plastic "chandalier crystals" that are waaaay too big for scrapbooking. One small clear stamp set (same in both boxes) and a bunch of rub-ons, mostly Halloween. I'm sick thinking what my money could have bought on e-Bay or even my LSS. Thankfully, my LSS is having a garage sale the end of the month. I'll bag this stuff up and hopefully get a few dollars back. I'm not knocking anyone who really enjoys what they got - I'm just not going to be ordering again.

Juggy
Juggy 
Mayor
Juggy
  • Juggy on 09-01-11 11:36 AM
In response to dwelch

So sorry. I ordered a grab bag once too...I'll still order just not a "grab bag". I was very disappointed that I paid shipping on what I got...

I do have a younger scrapper in the house though and she has used some of the stuff .. thankfully.

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to Juggy

Well, that really sucks! I had thought about buying one of those boxes too. Kinda glad I didn't now. Like you said-hopefully you can get some of your money back at the garage sale!

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl
In response to dwelch

Oooh, so sorry; what a let-down! Sending an electronic consoling pat on the back....

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to GemGirl

sorry you were disappointed. not all grab bags are bad...I got one from Webster's pages that i just loved. and the ones from maya road are pretty fab as well. guess it just wasn't a good one this time.

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to Nancy Keslin

I've never purchased one before - perhaps you should contact who you purchased them from and let them know about your disappointment in ordering them.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to SmartyPants

Grabbags are nothing more than leftover stuff that didn't sell. I'd never buy anything like that.

kc3po311
Tenant
kc3po311
In response to Solitaire

yikes, i always get an email from a scrapbooking co [cant think of it now] that does this warehouse grabbag deal, and for i think $15, you get a bunch of stuff, and they guarantee no items the same.. you able to take a pic of the stuff you got? i'm curious!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to planty

I ordered from them the other day. Now I'm hoping mine is okay. I debated for a while and now I'm thinking it might be a mistake.

I hope you can sell some of it.

mars2005
Veteran
mars2005
In response to dwelch

well, i am very, very new at this (just made my first card yesterday) ive seen those "grab bags" and thought about it. no more thinking on that. that is what is so good about these forums...you get the "download". Im unemployed and can not be wasting a dime. Now, that garage sale thing is fab!! i went to a local store that did that and i was shocked..paper for 10 cents, stamps (which before i never relized how expensise rubber stamps were) were 50 cents each.etc etc. i am sorry you got ripped off, that just gets my feathers ruffled.....

Juggy
Juggy 
Mayor
Juggy
  • Juggy on 09-02-11 07:58 AM
In response to mars2005

Mars - one way to grow your stash for cheap .. start blog following ... lots of them have giveaways you can enter by posting a comment on their blog. I figure eventually you have to win one right ??

Freecycle and craigslist can be good options sometimes - they do require a bit more vigilance though waiting/watching for the right post.

Love the scrapbookstore garage sales ..

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to Juggy

I have only ever done the Websters Grab Bag and thought it was very satisfied. Good to know that is not always the case.

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to Sherrenae

You also have to keep in mind everyone is different what I am disappointed in others may be thrilled with..

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to planty

I am constantly tempted by grab bags on the deal-a-day sites, but have never succumbed because I'm never sure if I will get my money's worth

darkchami
Expert
darkchami
In response to madmatter

I think I would only buy a grab bag if I liked everything a company produced. I adore everything Webster's Pages and Simple Stories, so I would totally be willing to throw the dice on those. Though I like Pink Paislee and many other companies, I know they put out lines and items I don't like. I'm not willing to chance those.

I am so sorry you ended up disappointed. Hopefully someone will love your items at the sale.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to darkchami

I did take someone's suggestion and e-mailed them. They responded that they would refund my money if I rturned the packages to them. Generally I wouldn't do that, but I think in this case I might. It came to an awfully lot of money since I stupidly ordered 2 of them! And I haven't put anything away yet.

Juggy
Juggy 
Mayor
Juggy
  • Juggy on 09-02-11 04:49 PM
In response to dwelch

That is some awesome customer service!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Juggy

You are right. If I wasn't impressed by their product, I am certainly impressed by their service. Who knows, I might just order from them again sometime - just not one of their grab bags. And again, I'm sure someone else would have been very happy with the product. It just wasn't my style, and I didn't like that the two boxes were completely identical. So, I must apologize for my original rant and say they rank #1 in customer service. Crow, anyone?

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to dwelch

the customer service makes up for it right there. WOOHOO for you.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to planty

After thinking about it, I DID decide to repack and return the boxes to them. I'm notorious for keeping things I don't really like, and this was just waaay too expensive to do that. I'm hoping they actually follow through on their refund offer. Even with me paying the postage both ways, the actual cost of the boxes is worth getting back.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics