Username Post: "OFF ROAD FURY" ALBUM        (Topic#1563823)
Crome_Rose
Tenant
Crome_Rose

Hello-I am making a 4-wheelin scrapbook for my husband for Christmas. I need hear some ideas and comments on how else I can add a little bit of embellishments. The pics are all of the guys he works with. For ex: def of off road, and how can I make mud and/or splatters. And do Ineed to mat the photos or leave them plain. They all have camo on their rides, any ideas on how to make camo w/o camo paper? I think that I have gotten a mental block or something. **PLEASE HELP ME** (lol)

AmyK75
AmyK75 
Veteran
AmyK75
In response to Crome_Rose

My hubby off roads as well... I found that if you cut brown (blue would work for water) "splats" and then use clear emobssing powder but just in splotches on the splats (whoa read that slow) it looks like mud. I did it and it looks great but I haven't used it on a layout yet.

Gears!!! very popular and work great.

As for Camo... to make it myself I would use a cream background and ink browns and greens on it.

Check out my LO galley I know there is a "Snow Run" Layout in there.

Crome_Rose
Tenant
Crome_Rose
In response to AmyK75

AWESOME ideas love it thanx soooooo much

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

I have used metal mesh, screw-head brads/eyelets.

Paint or ink for tire tracks (use a toy car to make tire tread marks)

The are patterned papers out there that may work (I have a bunch that are dirt tire tracks with a dirt bike).

If the guys are dressed in camo, I may try to stay away from brown and greens as background paper, so your photos don't "disappear" in to the rest of the page.
You don't HAVE to mat every photo. Maybe try matting with a bright blue or red, to really make the photo stand out.

You can find photos or clipart online and print on vellum or transparency to make your own embellishments (maybe the make of the rigs --e.g. make Jeep emblems).

Think outside the box. I found some Harley Davidson paper that will work great for a motorcycle layout I'm doing (except, it's NOT Harley, and I'll be cutting that part of the paper off).
Products Referenced in This Post:

Crome_Rose
Tenant
Crome_Rose
In response to Bxr-Linda

Those are some really GREAT ideas. I dont know y I cant think bout simple things like that when doing my own los. Crazy huh? But that sucks your cuttin off the harley off your paper{hurts to hear it}. LOL...

AmyK75
AmyK75 
Veteran
AmyK75

I love your idea with the tire tracks using hot wheels... That's great!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

• Crome_Rose Said:
Those are some really GREAT ideas. I dont know y I cant think bout simple things like that when doing my own los. Crazy huh? But that sucks your cuttin off the harley off your paper{hurts to hear it}. LOL...

Hmmm... NO! I will enjoy doing it.

NOT a Harley fan,

at all.....

Do you want it? I'll send you the strip that says Harley Davidson!

Crome_Rose
Tenant
Crome_Rose
In response to Bxr-Linda

Thats awefully thoughtfull but I think Im gonna have to pass. {thats funny}

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I think some 3D mud splatters would be cool- get a small container of 'light modelling paste' from the painting section- used to build up layers or impasto technique on canvas- and smear and make little splats, then stain it with some Tim Holtz liquid stains, then. Maybe rub a darker ink on the peaks for some dimension. The way Im picturing it, would look way cool. Read my mind.

Also, the Cricut cart, Indie Art, has some gears on it- the bigger/thicker ones have an outline that kinda look like big monster truck/tractor tires.

For a camo background, look at the camo design, and cut out some shapes from your colors that kinda swirl and um, camo shape themselves over each other and the main color- I've made a camo painting before for something, and just studied the shapes and oainted it on... Sorry Im not too clear on this... Hope you get it...it's cool in my mind, swear!

I would use a black mesh as photo mats, with some rusty brass brads in the corners.

Also, I've bought lots of some camo YARN at Michaels n WalMart- they always seem to have it- it could make a cool border around the page, or as stripes/embellishments, somehow, too.

There ya go, ideas from a guy. Probably about as clear as the mud you were talkin bout.

K

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to designguyKORY

Oooh! Some duct tape mats would be cool too! We love our duct tape. You could use regular good old silver, or spring from some camo duct tape, and make photo mats.
Are you familiar with duct tape wallets? The way you make the duct 'fabric?'. Just make a square with the tape, and surprise, photo mats.

K

Crome_Rose
Tenant
Crome_Rose

Oh Heck Yeah, you hit the nail on the head-so to speak-!! I have read your mind and I've done the camo paint, the duct tape and mud splats out of paper and added some UTEE but I have not thought bout the modeling paste--AWESOME IDEAS!! Now about the *black mesh* your a little over my head with that one, what is it? where do I get it?

Crome_Rose
Tenant
Crome_Rose

Oh yeah, I've also made some *black electrical pcs of tape* that has the pics "taped" on my lo. I cut out black cs and at the ends cut and tore it. And went over the cs 3 or 4 times w/UTEE. Looks cool!!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Cool! Cant wait to see it! Hope you upload it!

The black mesh I was talkin bout is stuff made for screening windows.. I bought some thinkin I could use it for something... But Im guessing many of you don't shop for scrapbooking supplies at Lowe's, as I've found myself doing. LoL

K

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics