Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Die Cutting System Share your Opinion        (Topic#1563827)
KathyMcDaniel
Veteran
KathyMcDaniel

Share with me what is your favorite cutting system.Please use the following format so everyone can easily see which product you have and what you think. Thanks for playing!!!

For example:
Product Name
# of Stars (out of 5)
Your comments

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to KathyMcDaniel

Cricut Expression
5 Stars
I love the ease of using this machine. The cartridges have so many awesome shapes and fonts! There are also many places to buy the cartridges for a reasonable price.

Making Memories Slice Machine
5 Stars
Love the ease of use and the size of the machine. It's very easy to take places. Works awesome with the hands free mat. The Design Cards are really cute and a good selection of shapes and fonts.

Edited by debby_westbrook on 09-01-11 05:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to debby_westbrook

The system I'm constantly reaching for is Coluzzle. I hate that they don't make it any more, because it is sooo easy to use, and it transports very easily because it's so compact!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Rosita

I have a Cricut Expression.
five stars!
Ease of use

I also have the big shot pro
five stars
Well made and can cut ANY dies on the market!!!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-01-11 05:28 PM
In response to binkiemonstermom

Electronic: Gazelle
5 stars
The machine comes with software so you never have to buy anything else (except normal consumables like blades). I HATE the idea of spending thousands of dollars extra on cartridges, it just pisses me off. With the Gazelle I can cut anything I want to.

Manual: Sizzix Big Shot
5 stars
Does everything an electronic cutter can't (embossing folders, handmade & textured papers, etc.)

I'm happiest having both an electronic and a manual.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to stick

Electronic--Cricut Expression
4 stars
awesome machine, love the carts, but wish I could cut my own shapes sometimes, hence the 4 stars

Manual,,,,,,Bigshot
4 stars
wonderful, love it,,,,,4 stars ONLY because it doesn't cut the largest of the Grand nesties,,,,

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to CommaHolly

Electronic-Cricut Expression
5 stars
easy to use, love the cartridges

Manual-Big Shot & Calibur
5 stars
love them both, can cut & emboss with any die cut or folder.

Expert
In response to SandraB.

cricut expression...5 stars...love the carts...fun to use.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to deedee49

Cricut (baby)
5 stars
Great for small spaces. Very versatile. I only buy cartidges on sale, so I find it cost effective. I

By the way, if you pop over to the Superstore and click on the die cutting systems, you can also read reviews and see the star systems being used.

Expert
In response to Luvmyfam

Silhouette SD
4 stars*
Only big downside is that it can only cut up to 8" wide, but soon it will be 5 stars because a new 12" machine--the Cameo--is due out in October! But the best part is no carts! Buy the designs you want from the online store or creat your own (but it does require a computer.)

Showdog
Expert
Showdog
In response to HuskerMom98

Silhouette SD
5 Stars

I love the fact that I can get the designs I need one at a time, and that I can make cuts from my own scans and downloads.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to Showdog

slice..5 star!
all the cards and more to come cute fonts and shapes and it portable!

bigkick...5 star!
cut any die except tim big die

sidekick...5 star!
this is my baby for small dies,it has a sweet cut!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to tealbrand

Cricut (baby) - 5 stars
Cricut Expression - 4.8 stars (only because it's bigger, heavier, and more awkward to "grab" than my baby)
Sizzix Big Kick - 4.5 stars (quick and easy to use with no electrical connection required; however, not a lot of options)

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to dwelch

Silhouette
5 stars!
it! I love that I can cut things at the size I need them, there's a massive library of designs, and it can cut any TT font.

Quickutz Epic, Revolution and Squeeze
3.5 for the Revolution and Squeeze, 2 for Epic
Very simple to use, but dies are ridonkulously expensive and the are the size they are. I gave the Epic (which replaced the Revolution) a lower score because even though it can use bigger dies, it's not magnetic and is not as sturdy.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to *jesse*

X-acto knife
4 stars

Cheap, easy, compact, travels well....

Seriously... I don't have any diecutting machine or system, and honestly don't feel I *need* one, or that I'm missing out at all.

Showdog
Expert
Showdog
In response to Bxr-Linda

You have a "point", there, Venter. When the electricity goes out it is real hard to use any of the electronic or computerized cutters by candlelight.

Carry on--

Edited by Showdog on 09-02-11 12:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

eshascreations
Tenant
eshascreations
In response to Showdog

Silhouette SD
Five Stars

It perfect, no expensive cartridges, all done on computer & the designs on the site is CHEAP!!! & you can even use other downloadable designs also

ollychelle
Expert
ollychelle
In response to eshascreations

Cuttlebug- 4- love that it embosses, cuts,is manual, quick, easy and portable. Dislike that it is dependent on folders/dies but most embossing systems are. Also wish it was slightly larger for bigger projects.

Cricut Expression- 3.5 - love that is cuts larger shapes, and love to use it with SCAL and MTC! Would have given it a 5 if it was still available for use with SCAL or MTC. I love the ease of finding a file on-line for free or a very small price to use. I dislike being dependent on cartridges! I do not mind buying a cartridge if it has a lot on it I will use, but not just for a few cuts.

Edited by ollychelle on 09-02-11 01:15 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to ollychelle

Sharp Fiskers Scissors
5 stars
Did I mention they are sharp? Yeah, my thumb found out the hard way on Wednesday!

Craft Robo Pro
5 Stars (for performance) 4.5 stars due to the learning curve and it is not as easy as a cricut.
Love this machine. It is a commercial grade die cutter and is fantastic. If I can draw it, I can cut it.

Cuttlebug
4 stars
Although it cuts and embosses easily, the dies are getting harder and harder to find locally. A plus though is that it will cut dies from other systems.

KathyMcDaniel
Veteran
KathyMcDaniel
In response to Bxr-Linda

I use a knife and scissors also They are very reliable and economical, aren't they??

Edited by KathyMcDaniel on 09-02-11 06:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics