Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: VCW # 235 Summer's last hurrah!!        (Topic#1563859)
moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Once upon a time, things got quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it has expanded to run all week long. We have our regulars, but new friends are always welcome, too.
And we miss some of our old friends too!!!!

FAIR WARNING: We may talk about anything and everything. We're women. We chat. You never know what might come up in conversation.

Sharing your recent scrappy work is encouraged, but there are no guidelines for what or how much you have to do.

So come on! Don't be bashful! Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights ... Just read responsibly.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to moxiegirl23

it's the first day of school!!!!!!

Abby is up and eating breakfast. We'll do the first day pics shortly. This is our last first day of school together: next year she'll be on the bus to the middle school while I stay at the elementary school crosswalk.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

Hi ladies!

My Ulcerative Colitis is acting up again so my stomache is killing me. I'm glad that I work in a relaxed office because I can wear sweatpants (not old beat up looking ones but my "nice" ones). The waist on my jeans was pushing against my stomache yesterday and it was making it hurt worse. The sweatpants are better.

Dh is having a "guys day" with his friends tomorrow so I think I'll work on the Maine album. It's supposed to be hot and humid so I probably wont feel like being outside.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to DesiLee

Ria - thanks for the list! I'll have to compare it in a bit to the list I have. In the meantime, I took my 40% off coupon to M's yesterday and picked up a new card for just over $30.

Mel - thanks for the prayers. Wednesday went very smoothly. Things with Dad were pleasant (and short), which is always good. And I love watching my great-aunts in action. They are 88 and 81 now (they are the oldest and youngest - and only surviving - of a set of 4 sisters) and pretty much say whatever they want - and it's often hysterically funny and inappropriate.

Desi - must be the day for gut troubles, because Ethan and I both were dealing with them this morning. Once I got him to school and got back home, I got out of my jeans and into some old scrub pants for the same reason you're doing the sweats. Hope you feel better soon!

And Liz.... :shaking head: It just doesn't seem like Abby should bein 6th grade already. Nononononono. Where has the time gone?

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to DesiLee

LLLLOOOONNNNGGGG day yesterady. Left home at 7:45, got home and 7:15. 6.5 hours of depositions. (On a good note, it's the first time the hosting office has ever provided lunch!) Yeah, just TRY typing furiously for 6 solid hours, in one position, and see how you hold up. My arms were pretty much spaghetti by the time I was driving home.

Swung by M's on my way into town (see previous post about 40% off Slice card). Then picked up Ethan from Kim's and brought him to our place for the night. Arrived home to find out that the A/C was fritzed. Jim had called the fix-it guy and was waiting on a return call.

Ethan & I put on our suits and jumped in the pool next door for awhile. (We've discovered that "no swimming until homework is done" is a great motivator!) Before it was over, this kid who nearly drowned less than 2 months ago was dog paddling about halfway across the pool. Still not enough to let him go in by himself (unless he has on a swim vest), but it's progress.

A/C guy came & discovered that something had gotten in our garage and chewed some wires. They were touching each other and causing a short in the system. On the one hand, I don't like thinking that there was something in my garage. OTOH, I'm glad it was an easy fix.

Now typing all day today, until I go get Ethan this afternoon. He'll be here again tonight (Mommy has class early in the morning), and we're already planning to swim and "drill" (grill) hot dogs for supper.

I'll check in later!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Ria - thank you for the list. There were a few on there that I didn't have, and several that I have listed that weren't on THAT list. Maybe eventually someone will come out with a comprehensive list somewhere.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to c-leaper

Jenni, that's because she's only in the 5th grade. Next year, she's on the bus and going to Middle School.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

Life is exhausting. I'm just saying.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to foltzy

Amen!

Oh, and seriously????

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to leebla

Been very busy here, but I get to see my favorite girls this weekend.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• moxiegirl23 Said:
Jenni, that's because she's only in the 5th grade. Next year, she's on the bus and going to Middle School.

Ah. Here "middle school" is 7th & 8th.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to NMlady

Wee man has been here since I picked him up from daycare yesterday.

I'm tired.

I'm thinking there might be a correlation.....

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to NMlady

desi hope your stomach feel better,what you do eat something 2 spicy!
jenni hope you feel better 2,what card did you get
i am waiting on toil and trouble/teen chillin/spring/noel,happy you got ac again!
liz life does get exhausting but get you a happy pill or drink and enjoy life!
ria do you swap cookie for xmas,i used too!
elizabeth you are almost ready for that crop!

Edited by tealbrand on 09-03-11 11:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

Ah. Here "middle school" is 7th & 8th.

Where I grew up, Middle school was 5-8 (now its 4-8, but that's because they had to close one of the 3 elementary schools because of building issues) so it's weird for me to have her still in elementary school.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

ok. today has been a day of low productivity. I was supposed to work on a gas station sign install job but i didn't charge the camera i needed to use, so I ended up coming home from that early. I'm trying to convince myself that if I buckle down and attack house chores for the next hour, I can sit at my computer and digi scrap while the Navy-Kentucky football game is on.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

it hard to believe football season is here and it still hot,

here in texas our middle school is 6/7/8!
and high school 9/10/11/12
my dd terie is a freshman and she the last kid we have in school the school is really close to home about 4 block if she miss the bus
the city bus goes right by it
made a card i am not 2 happy with it not a make over everything glue down
more xmas cards By Tealbrand

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to tealbrand

• tealbrand Said:

jenni hope you feel better 2,what card did you get
i am waiting on toil and trouble/teen chillin/spring/noel,happy you got ac again!

I picked up Jungle - Ethan's classroom is jungle-themed, so it'll come in handy for doing any kind of school layouts for this year.

I have Spring and Just Chillin' Teen (which I use a lot). I have Spook Alley, so that takes care of my Hween needs, and I have both FaLaLa and Mistletoe to take care of Cmas for now.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to c-leaper

Hi ladies!

I planned to spend the day scrapping while dh was away but I woke up with a killer headache that is just now going away. Oh well, better late than never I suppose. I'm working on printing out some pics from the Maine trip right now.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to DesiLee

Hope the headache STAYS away.

Took Ethan home last night and stayed to join Kim and David & Makenzie (David is a cousin thru Jim's family - both are in college) to watch Dr Who. We had a lot of fun - when I left, "the boys" (David & Ethan) were having a Nerf gun fight.

I have to tell ya...my dear daughter...she got AT&T Uverse this week. Loves it, but it took 3 visits by installation guys to (hopefully) get it right. So the 3rd guy - Devyn - was over there yesterday when I got there with Ethan. He was there nearly two hours...and had the job done within one. Yeah, he was definitely disappointed to see me & Ethan show up. So, apparently, he'd given Kim his direct cell phone number to call if she had any more problems. She used it to text a "thanks for coming out on a Saturday" message....and within an hour they were tentatively making plans to get together next weekend.

HOW does this child DO this!?!?!?!?!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to c-leaper

Being lazy.

So decided to start a table with my Quickutz inventory. I do have quite a few now and it would be nice to see what I have.

I wanted to do it in Excel but also wanted pics.

So I made a table in Word and I am copying an image of the alpha/shape and the size along with where I am storing it (binder #, magnetic holder, etc).

For the shapes, I am going to lump them by general themes (nature vs food vs Christmas) and just enter them as I go through my shapes. If I did it in a spreadsheet I could easily sort but I gave that up to store an image.

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics