Page 3 of 4 
Username Post: VCW # 235 Summer's last hurrah!!        (Topic#1563859)
leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

has anyone seen these or tried them?
http://www.provocraft.com/products/detail.php?cl=cuttle...

I picked this one up today. I'm kind of anxious to try it.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to leebla

Never heard of these of seen these.

Intriguing.

Let us know and post the result.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to corrie fan

Nope but I'd love to try one. Let us know how it goes.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to tealbrand

Hey gals, I saw the kidlets tonight. They're doing great. Jory's playing tight end on his school's football team again this year, and his first game is in two weeks. We are hoping to go cheer him on. His grades are good, but they won't post any midterm grades for him for another two weeks.

His behavior has taken a complete turnaround from a year ago. He is a completely different little fellow, well he's not a little fellow anymore, is he? He's officially a teenager, whether I like it or not.

Lizzie still has a shoe fetish. I told her foster father that she had had one since she was 2, and he became very, very frightened. He says he's okay with her for now, but we both want her home with me by the time she hits her teens. I think I'll have a problem then.

She's in heaven, her foster father is building her a castle loft bed. She has a foster brother and three foster sisters, and the four girls are going to be sharing a room. The youngest two girls are newborn twins, and her foster father explained he needed room for two cribs. So he's building the loft castle bed and in all the space underneath, there will be room for the two cribs and there will still be room in the bedroom for a toddler bed for the other little girl.

All in all, she's doing very well where she's at and we are hoping that the state leaves her placed where she is until it's time to be transitioned home. I definitely do not want her bounced from home to home to home before coming HOME to stay.

This is Jory showing off his new haircut. He looks very handsome, I think.

And this is Lizzie, still a ham, posing for my camera.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to BlingQueenRia

Thanks for the update Ria.

They certainly are getting big.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to corrie fan

I've had an idea swirling around in my head all evening...started when I was driving home.
Did the responsible thing and did online job searches tonight. So hopefully tomorrow the idea will still be there and fall into place on paper and look as good as it does in my head! LOL

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to leebla

Elizabeth if it's a scrappy idea, might help to sketch it out. Or even just write it down in list form. If I don't write ideas down when I get them I lose them forever.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to BlingQueenRia

it's not so much the basic idea that I'm worried about. just getting it to translate on paper the way it looks in my head. Need to hook my Wishblade back up tomorrow to accomplish it.

Also need to get a big jump on getting my cabinets worked on.

Also need to fax out some resumes.

Also need to make headway on being packed for this weekend.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
home from the lake
working on a project to try and block out the pain I'm in today

Hope you had a better day today.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Well, what started out as a "meh" kind of day, turned into a very nice day!

A friend from high school posted on my Facebook wall, I responded, we went back and forth and decided to jump in our cars and meet half way between our houses! We live just over 2 hours apart. It was a fast lunch, she got called back home because her daughter forgot her key, but it was still cool.

Then I went to check out a rumor I heard of a local scrapbook store (in that area) I'd never been to. It turned out to be an AWESOME store. I spent money I should not have. But somewhere along the way home I found mojo!

And I have decided that my new room, will be my "studio". Lame? Maybe. But somehow when I say Bill's building me a room people look at me weird. And I imagine they will when I say I'm going to my room...LOL

How fun! I love impromptu get-togethers like that!

And I've started calling my room my "studio" too. I think it's rather appropriate, since it's where I am creative in all ways (scrapping and with my music). It also tends to make it acceptable for the room to be messy, because we all know that creativity is a messy process.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:
I finally decided on a name for my scraproom. It's My Creative Place.

I even have the oval sign I'm making to hang on the door done in my head. It'll be a light purple with butterflies, flowers, and of course My Creative Place in the middle. I can't wait to get the stuff to finish it.

Ooohhh!!! Can't wait to see it!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Long busy day today, out running errands with Kim. Just glad to be home and strangely glad that tomorrow is a stay-home-and-work day.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
has anyone seen these or tried them?
http://www.provocraft.com/products/detail.php?cl=cuttle...

I picked this one up today. I'm kind of anxious to try it.

Nope. I've never seen it. But I've tried quilling, so I'm curious to see how this turns out for you.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Ria - glad you had such a good visit with the kids...and glad things are going so well for them. I had missed any talk of Lizzie being moved to a different home before coming home to you. That's not a real possibility is it? (I can't imagine that it is if her foster dad is building a loft bed.)

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

Jenni, there is talk of Jory getting out of where he is in the extremely near future. The state wants to keep them together, which is unusual. Most of the time the state doesn't care and just rips siblings apart. In Lizzie's and Jory's case, they need each other. They don't have Jeremy and me for the time being, so they need each other.

But if Jory completes his program and gets to come home before the state says he cam come home, they'll more than likely move Lizzie and place them in a home together. That is, unless her foster father is willing to take in Jory, too, for the short-term. Although I hate for him to switch schools so many times in a year.

I'm hoping we can stall the program not enough that the judge says anything about it but JUST enough that when he's ready to leave the facility, he can begin to be transitioned HOME instead of a foster home. Does that make sense? I don't want him or Lizzie being bounced around and I don't want them switching schools again until they come home to stay and switch to their own schools.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to leebla

wow that some awesome goodies

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to tealbrand

ria hope everything work out

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to leebla

never heard of them!cannot wait to see what you do with it!
jenni
desi hope you feeling better
jane
kim
ria
ACU

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to tealbrand

well, I spent the last hour and a half working on the thing flying around my brain. I had to download some new fonts to my netbook to make it right. Then got it all typed into the Wishblade software and arranged it. Now I am in the midst of cutting a scrap piece to test it, and so far I don't think all of my welds took and I need to change the font of one or two letters....

intrigued yet?

If I get it working right, I'll fill you in

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

attempt number 2....

going now

Page 3 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics