Page 1 of 28 
Username Post: 12 Days of Swapping - MUST BE IN PALS HANDS NOW!!!!        (Topic#1563923)
ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

Hi everyone! I have been doing this swap for 2 years now and I hope that you will sign up and have some fun!

Pals out: 2 days later
Kits received by your partner by: 12/7

Who can join?

Flakers need not apply! If you have flaked on a swap with anyone before - don't bother signing up. If I don't know about you flaking, someone else will surely let me know.

It is very important that those who sign up fulfill their obligation to their partner and get the package to them by the due date – not in the mail by the due date.

Life happens and things come up that might get in the way. The key is communication. It only takes a few seconds to post “just checking in” or “jci”. Be considerate. If you can’t get online at least once a week for a simple checkin - don’t sign up. If you can’t get your partner's kit in their hands by the due date – don’t sign up.

Max 1 spot per person

If you have never been in one of my swaps before I must receive 3 referrals from hostesses whose swaps you have been in this year. And I will require you to mail out your pals gift by November 29th.

12 Days of Swapping
($35 gift swap)

This has some handmades, but is mostly storebought. I figured by starting it now, everyone could work on the handmades and then as it gets closer to Christmas work on the storebought items (since wishlists might change quite a bit from now to then).

This will be a secret pal swap and you will not have the same person that has you – that way everyone still has the ability to request who they want.

You will send your pal 12 gifts total. Each is wrapped separately and has a handmade tag attached to it with the date your pal is to open it. You mail them all together along with a handmade Christmas card.

On December 13th your pal will open their handmade card.
Then on December 14th they will open their first gift (labeled with that date).
Each day they will continue to open the gift labeled for that date up until December 25th when they open their last and biggest gift.
Hence, the 12 days of swapping - and why your pal must have their package by 12/7.

Each day everyone will post what they received in their gift for that day.

All items must be storebought, from your pals wishlist/survey, be scrapbooking related and be new/unused. When I mention from their wishlist/survey this means you can send them stuff that they may like but you dont have to buy it from sb.com. If you see it in your LSS that is fine. This will save on shipping and handling. (I dislike paying shipping) The items that they open each day are to be New Stuff. not handmades unless you are including it with a NIP item. The handmades are counted as an xtra item you are giving your pal to further spoil her.

The total value of the first 11 gifts (12/14-12/24) must be a minimum retail value $25. No more than 3 of these gifts can be goodie bags (new/unused) – the rest must be NIP (new and in the package).

The gift(s) that your pal opens on Christmas day must be worth at least $10 retail. (all NIP and storebought)

Any additional handmades or gifts (scrapbooking related or not) are optional/extra…but who doesn’t like to be spoiled? Stay away from dollar stores to be safe. Don’t be cheap. Follow your pals wishlist(s) and survey for items that count towards the minimum requirements. Anything over and above that is up to you. DO NOT TAKE STUFF OUT OF YOUR STASH THAT HAS SITTING FOR YEARS. NEW STUFF FROM HER WISHLIST PLEASE.

Mailing
Your handmade card must be in an envelope for your pal to open.
Each days gifts must be individually wrapped, have a tag attached and labeled with the date to open.
All of these items must be mailed in one box to your partner.
Package your items well so that they arrive in one piece to your partner.
Your partner must receive it by 12/1. Don’t cut it close!!! Keep in mind the holiday mailing delays and weather.
You must purchase a Delivery Confirmation number for the package.
When you go postal you must post that number in this thread for all to see.

You must post:
• at least once a week (check in), and
• when you receive your kit

Hopefully you will also post what you opened each day. Its really fun to see who gets what!

How To Join

1 - Post that you would like to join.
2 - Be sure to bookmark this swap
3 - Load up your sb.com wishlist for your pal to shop from. Keep this list updated!!!
4 - Then you will need to pm me the following information using the subject: “12 days of Swapping Survey”:

Screen name

Name & mailing addy

Colors you like

Colors you don’t like

Embellishments you like or would like to try

Embellishments you don’t like/want

Any items you would like that are not on your sb.com wishlist (not in the sb.com store)

Please list 12 items from your wishlist that you really want:

Do you have any other wishlists to share with your partner? Provide links here:

Anything else you’d like to share with your partner

RECAP OF WHAT TO SEND TO YOUR PAL:

1. MAKE A HANDMADE CARD
2. MAKE 12 HANDMADE TAGS
3. SEND 12 WRAPPED GIFTS FROM THEIR WISHLIST.
4. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU PAL RECEIVES IT BY 12/1.
5. HAVE FUN SHOPPING FOR YOU PAL!

My Swap Motto: if it’s not sold in the scrapbooking section of a scrapbooking/craft store or on sb.com – don’t bother sending it in. You should only send in high quality items for my swaps.

package sent and confirmation posted
rec. gift from pal
surveys rec.

SIGNUPS

ScrapAngel4
Zoila
Drayia
Mommie75
DisneyLisa
Rubymillerand
Moonpuff
JennaS
Ariwass
bluucaca
skittlesab05
Hvn101
turtle619813 FLAKER
sixta
ChrisC
kdsmommy

Edited by ScrapAngel4 on 12-13-11 10:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack
In response to ScrapAngel4

sorry ill have to pass. already in 5 like this.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to YourScrapAttack

Had fun with this last year. Please add me!

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to Drayia

me me i have not been in any swaps in forever..

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to mommie75

I'm in again.

Also just a reminder for ladies to be sure to add LOTS of items to their wishlist and be sure to include several smaller value items ($1-2) in addition to others. Its tough to find items locally or shop from a wishlist that only has 15-20 items and all of them are paper collections, stamp sets, spellbinder dies, and cricut cartridges (says the person who has these on her own list - well not the cartridges since I don't own a Cricut).

rubymillerand
Guru
rubymillerand
In response to disneylisa

it sounds like fun, count me in.

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to rubymillerand

OK. I am in

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to moonpuff

I'm going to follow along for the next couple of weeks. Will let you know before the deadline date to sign up. I'm not working and I have to watch my swaps.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Lookin4newideas

• Lookin4newideas Said:
I'm going to follow along for the next couple of weeks. Will let you know before the deadline date to sign up. I'm not working and I have to watch my swaps.

I understand completely. I have run this for ac ouple of years now and im aware that others have opened up the same kind of swap.. no worries....

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

thanks ladies for signing up!

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass

Thank you for including me in your swap! I'm so excited to meet all of you! My name is Arianna and I'm married and have 3 kids. I work a full time job and commute 150 miles a day but don't worry I make plenty of time to scrap and make cards. LOL I also have a scrapbooking/card group that I organize and run in Northern California. Looking forward to making new friends that enjoy the same hobbies as I do. Hope everyone is having a good Labor Day weekend so far!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Ariwass

Hi ariwass! thanks for joining!

scrappinlilly
Idol
scrappinlilly

loved this swap last year and hoping that I will have the $ to be able to do it again this year, I have to wait till it gets closer to make sure have had alot of extra things come up this year and have to cut back so we will see

bluucaca
Diva
bluucaca
In response to scrappinlilly

Drayia thanks for letting me about this i also loved it so much last year. So sign me up i'm in also. Thanks

skittlesab5
Expert
skittlesab5
In response to bluucaca

I am considering it

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie
In response to skittlesab5

I must say I am very VERY sorry, since I just started swapping mid-year I didn't know you did this, and if anyone wants to drop out of the one I opened to do this I COMPLETELY understand!!! I would never have opened mine if I had known!!! Please forgive me, and again if you normally do this one and got confused when I opened mine please don't feel bad if you wanna drop mine and do ScrapAngel's - no hard feelings at all!!!!
I am so so so sorry to cause confusion!!!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to scrapbooksusie

no worries suzie! ill update first page later.. omw to work!

JennaS
JennaS 
Diva
JennaS

I'd love to join!!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to JennaS

so glad your back to play Jenna!

ScrapAngel4