Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: How do you store your stamps?        (Topic#1563987)
binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

I have made a binder of all my stamps so I can find what I have. But right now I store them all in a big rubber maid container. And they are now outgrowing it!!!! I can not store them out in the room right now so I need some type of container storage and something to do with clear stamps! I have quite a few clear ones. What do you do with yours? Binder? Any pictures?

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress
In response to binkiemonstermom

I store mine in cd cases, there are in cd storage that I stood on its side.

Go Vertical By ReadySetDistress

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin

I use a 12x12 scrapbook album and C-Line Memory Book organizer pages. I love all the different sized pockets to store the different size sheets.

Acrylic Stamp Storage By Homesclscrapper
Acrylic Stamp Storage By Homesclscrapper

Christine19850
Veteran
Christine19850

I love the CD case idea but I don't have a desk or room just for scrapping - everything has to go away in the hall closet when I'm done.

All of my stamps are cling mounted and I have them in a regular A4 binder folder. I picked up some of the Kaisercraft storage wallets (some of their embellshments come in them) and I use these, or just sheet protectors with cheap/recycled cardboard in it to stop it bending.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Christine19850

Does anyone have the Tim Holtz binder?
One type of cd cases anyone likes over another?

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress

I have a hard time cleaning them and putting them back in the cd cases...but I couldn't imagine have them in the protectors lol I tend to put the in a clear plastic carrying case. Bad I know...I have to get better...

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to ReadySetDistress

I have a Tim Holtz but it doesn't hold very much, what I like the best is zip up binders with these white pages.

http://sundayint.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&a mp;...

You can get them several places I love the zip binders because you can't lose your stamps. I have mine hanging on the 3m command hooks on the wall so I have plenty of places to store them.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-05-11 04:33 PM
In response to Sneezy1956

Mine are in Stampendous Thin Stuftainers, which sadly are not sold on here. It's basically just clamshell packaging but it's a great system. I found that the stamps were just sticking way too hard to the CD cases, I was having trouble removing tham. Plus I have stamps that are too big to fit in a CD case.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to stick

• kuzatab Said:
Mine are in Stampendous Thin Stuftainers, which sadly are not sold on here. It's basically just clamshell packaging but it's a great system. I found that the stamps were just sticking way too hard to the CD cases, I was having trouble removing tham. Plus I have stamps that are too big to fit in a CD case.

I noticed them sticking after a while and am looking for a new way to store mine also. I've gotten several larger stamps recently too. I think I may try the binder idea. TFS

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to tinadn

I only have clear stamps since I just got into stamping.
What has helped me is......... A 4" binder at Office Maxx, acid free transparencies, and 8.5 x 11 page protectors.

I get however many stamp sets in a theme (i.e. halloween, birthday, fonts) I can on my transparencies then put them into the page protector. This way is something falls off its at the bottom of the protector.

When I want a particular set I just pull out the transparency and lift off that set or I can pull out the entire transparency and use all the sets on it. Its easy to find and easy to put away!

As my collection has grown and I needed further organization, I found that Avery now makes really sturdy repositioning tabs that can be written on. I used those like a divider on the edge of the page protector.

Red Princess Designs
Veteran
Red Princess Designs
In response to jaxxan

Most of my stamps are the clear mount from CTMH. I store them in a mini crate that I found at my local walmart for $1. My wood mount blocks are stored in a drawer in my rolling cart.

Christine19850
Veteran
Christine19850
In response to Red Princess Designs

I actually went out today and bought DVD cases LOL! I've got all of mine in 10 cases, except for my alphabet sets, and I'm planning to get a photo box for them to sit in so they can still go in the cupboard....

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to Christine19850

Mine are still in their original packaging. Yes, I've used a lot of them, but I just haven't taken the time to move them to another form of storage. I've seen that a lot of people use CD case to store theirs and that is my ultimate goal for my stamps.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

Mine are in cd cases, too. It really works for me.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to kelseymel

I just grabbed some of these, to see if I like them.

I've also used the Scraponizers.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Megan - ForumTech

Only thing I don't like about the Scraponizer. I cut the file folders in half, and I can usually get 3-4 layers.

But most of the time, the set I want is on the bottom. That's why I'm going to try the EZ Mount and binder...

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to Megan - ForumTech

Acrylic clear stamps and unmounted rubber stamps are in acid free page protectors in binders. They are stored by theme with labeled page dividers.

Wooden stamps, I make a stamped copy of each of these on sheets of paper I keep in a miscellaneous binder, before they are stored in Iris boxes.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to dotfree

My acrylic stamps are in letter size hanging file folders on their original plastic sheet. I stamped an example of that group stamps are and put that in a clear tap on top so I can tell what's in what folder. I have one of those portable file boxes to hold them. Wooden stamps are in Sterlite drawers. I have some unmounted rubber stamps that are attached to velcro and stored in a 3 ring binder.

New Kid On the Block

I have my wood mounts in an acrylic 8.5 x 11 picture frame turned upside down to make a tray, inside a litature holder you can get 24 trays in one holder and then stack on top of they trays... make sense??? For my clings, I use the cropper hopper unmounted stamp books and put a cards stock glossy paper inside and cling to that and stamp the image to the non glossy side for reference... adding a tab label to the side (or top depending on which way you store them)... I do not use the "book" I set them on an open shelf for thumbing through... Let me know if you have any questions....

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to kimcharles

I like the idea of using clear CD holders to store the flat acrylic ones, but have so few sets of those type (mostly have SU kind) that its not enuf to get cases and a holder. Altho holders are everywhere at the local thrift stores.....

So do I need more stamps?

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics