Page 2 of 4 
Username Post: Embossing machines        (Topic#1564045)
Sharon64
Resident
Sharon64
In response to CommaHolly

Where is Joanns?

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel

• CommaHolly Said:
I also generally buy my spellbinders at Joanns with a 40% or 50% off coupon,,,,this week there's a 50% off coupon, so I will take my dd and we will each use a coupon to buy a set of nesties.

Me, too. After telling me that they had discontinued Spellbinders, they now have a HUGE display. My Michael's has recently started carrying them, too. And you can use coupons for them!

Also, Holly, do you have a smart phone? M's & J's both have apps that send you 40% and 50% coupons constantly. (Seriously, as soon as you use one another will be available within a few days. Joann's seems to send more.)

scrappingaddict
Pro
scrappingaddict
In response to kelseymel

This is exactly what I was looking for....personal opinions, coupled with examples! I went looking for the Sizzix Big Shot and Michael's no longer carries them (go figure since I had a 50% off coupon. Will continue to look so if anyone has suggestions, please let me know. I'd like to have the die-cutting capability in case I decide I will use it later. For now, my main reason for wanting a machine is for embossing. Thank you ladies for your input!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to scrappingaddict

• scrappingaddict Said:
This is exactly what I was looking for....personal opinions, coupled with examples! I went looking for the Sizzix Big Shot and Michael's no longer carries them (go figure since I had a 50% off coupon. Will continue to look so if anyone has suggestions, please let me know. I'd like to have the die-cutting capability in case I decide I will use it later. For now, my main reason for wanting a machine is for embossing. Thank you ladies for your input!

they DO carry the big KICK,,,,,same exact machine, different colors!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:
I also generally buy my spellbinders at Joanns with a 40% or 50% off coupon,,,,this week there's a 50% off coupon, so I will take my dd and we will each use a coupon to buy a set of nesties.

Me, too. After telling me that they had discontinued Spellbinders, they now have a HUGE display. My Michael's has recently started carrying them, too. And you can use coupons for them!

Also, Holly, do you have a smart phone? M's & J's both have apps that send you 40% and 50% coupons constantly. (Seriously, as soon as you use one another will be available within a few days. Joann's seems to send more.)

no, but DD does she's always giving them to me!!!!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Sharon64

• Sharon64 Said:
Where is Joanns?

it's a craft and sewing store here in the US. They put out coupons every week for 40 or 50% off one regular priced item,,,,,

if nesties are on sale for 40% off, I don't need a coupon,,,,,,,if they are not on sale, I use a coupon,,,

last week I had a 40% off coupon, and nesties were on sale for 25% off that sucked,,,,,,,so I just bought ONE set.

veejer
veejer 
Resident
veejer

Joanns had a great sale last week on just about all of their diecutting and embossing machines and supplies. I'm looking into getting a Big Shot, but just ordered some embossing plates for now. Two friends have Big Shots, so I can always borrow theirs when we get together. I already have my Cricut Expression for diecutting in the meantime, too.

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome

• CommaHolly Said:
the Big Kick won't take the grand nesties though,,,,at least not the largest of them,,,,

I love my big kick,,,,but I wish I'd bought the spellbinders grand wizard,,,,

Correct, the Bick Kick will NOT take the Grand Nesties.

I'm dying at the "grand wizard" comment...LOL! Holly, the Spellbinders machines are the Wizard (old one) and the Grand CAlibur (new one).
The Grand Wizard was the leader of the Ku Klux Klan!!!!!!!

I love this, and now that's all I can think of, bahaha!

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to tinacome

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to kelseymel

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, I imagine this is why Spellbinders did not name their new machine "the Grand Wizard"!!!!!!! LOL, can you imagine the PR nightmare!?

scrappingaddict
Pro
scrappingaddict

• CommaHolly Said:
  • scrappingaddict Said:

Does the Big Kick do both die cutting and embossing? Been researching it all over the net and it doesn't spell it out!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

yes, it does both.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Here Kitty

omg, I can't believe I said that,,,,and I HATEEE the KKK

duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

blonde moment!

I'm going to blame it on menopause,,,,it makes me forget everything

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

• scrappingaddict Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:
  • scrappingaddict Said:

Does the Big Kick do both die cutting and embossing? Been researching it all over the net and it doesn't spell it out!

yep,,,,,,same exact machine, different colors (sizzix did NOT do themselves a favor naming it differnetly there!)

i LOVE MINE.

scrappingaddict
Pro
scrappingaddict

• CommaHolly Said:
  • scrappingaddict Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:
  • scrappingaddict Said:

yep,,,,,,same exact machine, different colors (sizzix did NOT do themselves a favor naming it differnetly there!)

i LOVE MINE.

Ok, I am beginning to see a clear picture now. Sizzix Big Shot and Big Kick are the same thing; a die cutter/embosser. The spellbinder offers both options as well but can also use the nestabilities. If I'm understanding this correctly, I need to decide if the nestabilities is something I want now or in the future; if so, I'm better off with the spellbinder.
For those wondering, yes, I'm blonde! LOL

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

the big kick and big shot WILL cut the regular sized nesties,,,,,,,and MOST of the grand nesties (much larger nestiess),,,

but it will not cut the LARGEST of the grand nesties!

you can still cut regular nesties with them,,,,,

see??

for Ti By CommaHolly

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

Cuttlebug cuts and embosses, too.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to pinkpaperairedale

both the big shot and the cb are excellent machines,,

pretty much the same, and they each have some benefits over the other,,,,,,

IMHO, it might just depend on which you can get for a better price,,,,,,nobody had any CB's when I went looking,which is why I wound up with the Big Kick

scrappingaddict
Pro
scrappingaddict

Thank you all for your help with my decision. I'm going to try to get the spellbinder so I have additional capabilities (cutting the largest nesties)

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

that's what I'd do, Ann Marie.

when I slow down with my current addictions:

stamps
copics
nesties,,,,

I might just buy me one too,,,,,maybe with my Xmas money.

Page 2 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics