Page 4 of 4 
Username Post: Embossing machines        (Topic#1564045)
Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Sharon64

woah! who knew an embossing machine thread could turn into drama!

I like spellbiners ok, I like sizzix, I like my cricut, I like my embossing folders and texture plates and all that.

There's a large variety of machines/dies/folders/bra nds out there because not everyone likes the same stuff.

Now Sharon, IMO, from reading this thread, it does seem like you have a vendetta against spellbinders. I've never read anything else you've posted (otherthan this thread) so I can't say anything more than that. But, you might want to just let it go!

Sharon64
Resident
Sharon64
In response to Seaexplore

I did finish what I was saying. Opinion was being asked on embossing machines and I gave mine. What is your problem? I feel like I'm being picked on by a bunch of Spellbinder sales women! I hate the dies. They're bland and boring. End of.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Sharon64

ok. you've now stated it what 4 times? we get it. WHICH IS WHY THERE ARE SO MANY DIFFERENT BRANDS. Some people love them, some people hate them. I've seen some BEAUTIFUL things done with them. I personally, don't use them a whole lot but I do have them and I do like them.

And I can assure you, I'm NOT a spellbinders sales person. If I was, I would have a better salary and way more spellbinders!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Seaexplore

Just started buying a couple of Spellbinder's shapes. I love how different they are from what I already have.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to 950nancy

I have never used the framelits. Do they come in five sizes like the Nesties or just one die? I have had my Big Shot (electric) for years. I use all of my dies in it. I guess I like the electronic cutter (Cricut)the best because I can make any size, but I don't have a problem with any system... wait... I don't like my Slice. It always has some issue going on with it.

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to Sharon64

Tools are just that...tools. It's what the person does with them that makes things beautiful or bland and boring. Just saying.

Sharon, you said that you were just voicing an opinion about the dies themselves, but when you say stuff like "If I see another Spellbinder card I'll scream" or "everyone's (my edit) cards are starting to look the same. Really sad" that's just making some low blows at individuals themselves who use the dies.

So go ahead and scream and be sad. Seems a bit melodramatic and counterproductive, but whatever you like.

Sharon64
Resident
Sharon64
In response to tinacome

Seems to me people are defensive over the fact everything is starting to look like paper ironwork, or Victorian lace doilies. As I said at the beginning, we're all entitled to our opinion, but what I didn't expect is for people to get nasty and sarcastic about it. I'm not about to join the Stepford wives...

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Sharon64

well, it's a free country and you can say what you want, but so can I

and I LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE spellbinders,,,,,,ESPECIA LLY the doily ones

They are my favorite,,,,,,and I disagree as well,,,,all cards do not look the same,,,,,,

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

Yanno, Sharon,,,,,,

we all fall prey to the "stepford wives" sometimes,,,,,,,,If we like a look, we go for it,,,,,,,and there's only so many products on the market,,,,,,

In fact, I just checked out your gallery,,,,,

and you use a TON of Tim Holtz,,,,,Nothing against Timmy,,,,,,,I like him,,,,,

but the man put his name on PAPER CLIPS and sold them,,,,,

I mean seriously,,,,,,for the life of me, I can't figure out what the big deal about all his products are,,,,,,,

but you've fallen.

And that's OK,,,,,,each to her own. Even if you do look a little "stepford" in the use of your Timmy products.

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to Sharon64

• Sharon64 Said:
Seems to me people are defensive over the fact everything is starting to look like paper ironwork, or Victorian lace doilies. As I said at the beginning, we're all entitled to our opinion, but what I didn't expect is for people to get nasty and sarcastic about it. I'm not about to join the Stepford wives...

Nobody got "nasty and sarcastic" until you did...your outright jabs at those who use Spellbinders dies are not subtle as I showed in my previous post.

Like Holly said, if you don't like the Victorian style, that's fine. But don't act like YOUR style is not the same style used by thousands of papercrafters here and on tons of other sites.

And I like the highly distressed look...I don't use it personally, but it's VERY VERY common right now, just like Spellbinders.

So no, we're not attacking you because you said something bad about Spellbinders. It's your tone and insinuation that you're somehow above the current trend in cards and you've transcended to something greater. You just like different stuff...there's no need to call the rest "sad" or say that it makes you want to scream to see them.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to tinacome

what tina said,,,,,

only she said it better.

Sharon64
Resident
Sharon64
In response to CommaHolly

See, you had an opinion without me attacking you. Easy, isn't it

Sharon64
Resident
Sharon64
In response to tinacome

I never said my style was different, I said I don't like spellbinders and I still don't like them.

I like the distressed look and I'm one of the few that has some of Tim Holtz's earliest products. I spotted him and loved him. His art speaks to my heart.

Edited by Sharon64 on 10-04-11 12:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Sharon64

which is FINE,,,,,,,,

but his art speaks to your heart and the hearts of 30 million other people.

My whole point here, is this:

don't criticize others for their cards all "looking the same" when YOUR cards and art looks the same as a bunch of other people,,,,,,

and that's NOT a criticism of your stuff,,,,it's beautiful,,,there's only so many products,,,,,and many people like the same look.

I like the spellbinders look,,,,,,and you like the TH look.

YAY we're both happy!

Page 4 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics