Username Post: I need a new trimmer...        (Topic#1564053)
Cupcakes for Chloe
Pro
Cupcakes for Chloe

So what's your favorite paper trimmer? And if you could link it, that would be MUCH appreciated! TIA

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Cupcakes for Chloe

I love my Cutterpillar Pro. Love it!

slyn11
slyn11 
Resident
slyn11
In response to Kamananui

Well my favorite paper cutter is the Tonic Guillotine. It is sharp, precise, and I love that it has the cut lines as grooves and not painted on. However that cutter has limitations when it comes to cutting in very small increments.

So in conjunction to that I am loving my Fiskars sure cut. I love that it has 1/8 and 1/4 lines all the way down. The wire makes it easy to see where I am cutting.

I am not sure how to link products.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to slyn11

I love my Fiskars rotary so much I bought two of them, one for home and one for my crop wagon.

It has the marks so I can automatically make mats in seconds. And the blades are so easy to change and go through several thicknesses if I need it to.

Very percise.

I have a professional guillotine I got from an art store - its rather large - about 3' x 3'. Gave it my son. No more guillotines for me - I jsut shread and tear the paper with them and I never get it straight.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Henri Jean

I love the cutterpede because it's so easy to see exactly where the cut is going to be, the blade is easy to replace, there are decorative blades that are easily loaded, it is very easy to transport, the extension arm measures to 15" and it folds so it's quick and easy to cut an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper in half, it has marks to measure every 1/16 inch, and it also measures in cm. It has a magnetic lock which holds the cutting bar in place. There are gripper feet underneath so the trimmer will not slide... I've let several people use mine, and I know of 5 people who have bought one because they liked it so much.
(You can also use a coupon for it at HL if there's one near you)

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to Rosita

fiskars. i had a different one before that wasn't good. but the fiskars is awesome. never had problems and the blade are cheap to replace.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Lamoo12

Fiskars is the perfect one for me. They make lots of styles. I can always find replacement blades and everything is a reasonable cost. I use my % coupons at M's or HL . I think it's important to get one that has easy to find and replace blades.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Lamoo12

I like the fiskars one here too. Easy to find replacement blades.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to binkiemonstermom

I have the MM trimmer and the cuttpillar pro. I hate the fiskars because they are not prescise, the blade moves in the track and you don't get a super straight cut. If you want a straight and accurate trimmer get the cutterpillar, love the edge light, etc. MM has a new one coming out so it might be worthwhile to try that since the old one is discontinued.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to CorrieW

I have an ancient Cutterpede that needs to be replaced. I actually bought a cheapie one at Target (Westcott) and I HATE it. It rips my paper to shreds.

I love, love, love my Cutterpede and will be replacing it soon. (I dropped it and the arm broke off. It still works, but it's annoying having to hold it in place.)

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to kelseymel

Fiskars as shown above. I just bought that one to replace the older version. The new blades don't move on the track with this one like they did with my old one. It also has the wire that I absolutely love.

I also have the small Fiskars guillotine since my CM personal trimmer was getting dull after 11 years.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to pugs223

I have had just about every trimmer on the market and I'm back with my Cutterpede Trimmer again. I would love to find one decent trimmer.

Cupcakes for Chloe
Pro
Cupcakes for Chloe
In response to Sneezy1956

Ok thanks ladies! I will get the Fiskars one...Hope its good for me!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics