Username Post: Please help        (Topic#1564099)
Expert

I know I've posted on this before..but still have scrapper's block on this one. Have to do a retirement book for a female...Past books I've done have been in many colors...but I wanted this one to have a cohesive look. It encompasses many pictures from childhood through adulthood, family..and then work pics too (past and present). I thought maybe a black and white theme with color pops..but after buying stuff..I just find it's too stark for me..just not my style. Does anyone have any ideas for a paper line I could use that might work? or a color scheme? I bought some stella and rose..(pink and teal)..but then found the pics just don't go! I uaually scrap by color of pics, so this is a little tough for me. I have got to make a decision and go with it so I can get moving. Right now I have a pile of stuff and pics..and just no motivation. The recipient is a scrapper also, and always says she loves the way I scrapbook, so maybe I am just nervous that it won't be "right". I want it to be special. Ok. I am done rambling. Any ideas for me?

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to deedee49

Graphic 45 has some great lines for women. If you buy one or two of the packs, you know it will all coordinate for the album, which will make it easier, too. I've attached some of the packs so you can see what they have.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to siameseplease

I'v never done anything cohesive in my life so I'm going to let the talented ones here help you out.

That is a nice project for you to for her. Good luck!!!! I'll keep checking here to see what is suggested for you becuase I would like to do something like that for my mother.

Expert
In response to Henri Jean

Henri, I don't do anything cohesive either. I just go with the pics. But I did another retirement book a couple of years ago and was chastised for not having a color theme or paper theme. So..I was trying to figure something out for this book. There ends up being other contributers also...they make their own pages and I have to incorporate.
I remember the last book I did - someone said..."I didn't know it was going to be like THAT" I was crushed. I thought we did a great job on the book. And the recipient this time was my co scrapper on that book. She knows my scrapping style and always says..I love how you do it..
This time..there are some younger girls who have agreed to help, but they are insistent on a theme...This is causing me a lot of stress..and just can't make a decision.
Thanks for letting me vent.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to deedee49

ok, this is my feeling.... The recipient knows & loves your work. She said that she loved it. I would not try to please the younger scrappers by choosing a theme because they want it. You are trying to make a wonderful book for your friend who loves your work already. I have made many gift albums. I have never done only with one line of papers or a theme of papers or colors. The reason is cause every event you are scrapping does not match. Some things are bright & some are pastel. Does that make sense? The naysayers should be grateful you are trying to make a wonderful gift & not try to make you feel bad about something that should be fun to make & fun for the recipient. Choose the papers you think are best & tell them this is supposed to be a fun project to work on.

Edited by anda11 on 09-09-11 07:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to anda11

I'd also go with "how I scrap" rather than try to fit my "square peg into a round hole" and scrap in a style I am not used to. Like Linda said, the recipient likes how you scrap alrady so just do it as usual.

BTW Henri, you do too do things cohesively! Just look at your gallery if you don't think so! Sometimes its color scheme sometimes it style but it always looks great!

Expert
In response to rockmom

Thanks all...I guess I needed that confidence boost. Will keep you all posted how it's going.

cshortel
Guru
cshortel
In response to deedee49

I go with the ecletic look myself, usually starting with the colors/theme of the pictures.

Can you do them in her favorite colors, or something like that?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to deedee49

• deedee49 Said:
Thanks all...I guess I needed that confidence boost. Will keep you all posted how it's going.

I know sometimes we all need that. lol Let us know how you are doing.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics