Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Ontario Scrapbook Expo        (Topic#1564191)
southern lady
Mayor
southern lady

i was wondering if anyone go to this it is in nov
i am think of going to it. is anyone eles going

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to southern lady

I went last year and still undecided whether or not to attend. Have you been before or have any questions? Cause, I have advise for newbies :-)

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to theellenbee

well i did go once and it wasn't much and i didn't go last year because i though it might not be that good. but i am going to this one with my mom i told her that we have to go to this one and on the site look like they are try to make it better.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee

My saga - went for two days and stayed at the nearby hotel...pretty shabby but worth it because I was bone tired. Took three classes and all were a waste. Each was an hour and NO ONE was able to complete a project nor were any of the teachers able to finish their instructions. Food at the expo was very expensive and nothing healthy and by saturday the center was so crowded that I could hardly move. IF I go again I will only do make and takes on Friday, hit the dollar boothes, and bring my own food. However, still debating whether it was worth it.

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady

well i be stay t my parents house which is not that far. i am not going to take class. i probley go saturday seen my mom work friday. yea most class i took at the expo i didn't finsh it there because they where going to fast. as food i go somewhere to eat lunch not there i know they are

imsavvymommy
New Kid On the Block
imsavvymommy

I was planning on going...this will be my first time attending an expo, and I am kind of excited about the shopping part. Not sure yet if I will take any classes or workshops. I definitely cannot make it on Friday, so I will be attending only on Saturday. Thanks for all the suggestions so far! Keep them coming if you have more...

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to imsavvymommy

yea i be there on saturday and wear one of my scrapbook shirts. i don't think i take any class just shop for make christmas gifts

imsavvymommy
New Kid On the Block
imsavvymommy

• theellenb Said:
My saga - went for two days and stayed at the nearby hotel...pretty shabby but worth it because I was bone tired. Took three classes and all were a waste. Each was an hour and NO ONE was able to complete a project nor were any of the teachers able to finish their instructions. Food at the expo was very expensive and nothing healthy and by saturday the center was so crowded that I could hardly move. IF I go again I will only do make and takes on Friday, hit the dollar boothes, and bring my own food. However, still debating whether it was worth it.

Thanks for all the tips! Very useful! I will definitely carry my lunch. I had a question (since this would be my first time attending). Do most vendors accet creedit/debit cards, or is it pretty much a cash-only affair? If they do take cards, do you recall if they have any minimum purchase requirements? I rarely use/carry any cash so I want to know whether I need to have some handy. Love plastic! No offence to anyone who prefers cash transactions! If you have any other tips, I would be interested (what to buy versus what not to, etc.)
Thanks,
Anuja

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady

Do most vendors accet creedit/debit cards, or is it pretty much a cash-only affair? yea there are vendors that accet creedit/ debit cards. this well be my 5 scrapbook expo. If they do take cards, do you recall if they have any minimum purchase requirements? no i don't think so becaude i use my creedti card and i bought a few stuff. well i carry little cash. wear some good shoes.

imsavvymommy
New Kid On the Block
imsavvymommy

• southern lady Said:
Do most vendors accet creedit/debit cards, or is it pretty much a cash-only affair? yea there are vendors that accet creedit/ debit cards. this well be my 5 scrapbook expo. If they do take cards, do you recall if they have any minimum purchase requirements? no i don't think so becaude i use my creedti card and i bought a few stuff. well i carry little cash. wear some good shoes.

Thanks

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady

your welcome hope you have a nice time it is fun and to do the make and takes

MammaJamma
Idol
MammaJamma

I will go (and usually do) just because it is so close to home. However, I agree with Theellenb. Yup, she's got it nailed!

I think doing the make-n-takes is a great plan. Lots of them are cute and the cost isn't very high.

Here is my original plan: Was going to go with my mom for a half day of bargain shopping(bringing snacks), then take a class (I sign up for Teacher's Pet so my kit is $5 and I assemble it later). Then we leave after the class at around 2pm-ish go have a nice lunch then check into a hotel and spend the weekend cropping on our own.

We did that a few years ago at San Diego Expo and it was wonderful.

I hit a small snag for this show in that I may be working a booth on Saturday, so the only change is we will probably check into our hotel the day before so we can crop Thursday too.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to MammaJamma

Got a hint, if you plan to stay at the hotel next door. IF you have AAA you get a cheaper rate than if you say you are going to the Scrapbook Xpo. Also, if you go on Sat. and plan to do the make and takes best bet is to do them BEFORE shopping. Trust me, the line for some was 1/2 hour or longer by the afternoon. I used cash (brought $200) but most stores that I bought from had cc machines. Last bit of advice. Bring some big bags and use the baggage check!!!! Be sure to tip the teenagers who run the room and they will sing a song for you :-) What to buy? Ribbon and laces - wish I had bought more, bling at the dollar booth - a MUST, and if you like brads you will be in heaven!!

MammaJamma
Idol
MammaJamma

You're the bomb! Thanks for all the great tips.

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to MammaJamma

well i will not have to get a hotle room seen the expo not that far from my mom house. so we are going to go saturday my mom buy the tickets i can't waite i hope this one good.

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady

my mom bought the tickets for saturday i can't waite

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady

anyont going to this. i am going saturda my mom already bought the tickets and i can't waite yea. hope to see you if your come tto i t

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady

bump

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady

bump

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady

well hope to see everyone there i am going saturday can't waite. hope i can find some good stuff

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics